Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
UM-Bot

Three knocks woke me up twice

15 posts in this topic

What time did it happen at? 

My mom was born in the Appalachian mountains of Kentucky near the borders of Tennessee and West Virginia in May of 1944 being of mostly of Scottish ancestry but also Cherokee, Irish and even some Melungeon thrown in for good measure while my father is of German and Danish from his dad and Black Irish and Cherokee from his mom. Both side have varying stories of

Yeah, sometimes if you're in a bad way, emotionally, all kinds of weirdness happens. And it can even be experienced by other people who happen to be around. 

It's a red flag that stuff is out of balance. 

I lived in a house that got three loud knocks almost every night between 2-5 in the morning I never once caught the person doing it! I rushed to the door and window I even set up a camera. All I ever caught was audio. I only lived there for a year. It was crazy!

Posted (edited)

Logical explanation - A person, animal or piece of machinery was making some knocking/banging type noises.

Paranormal explanation - Amazing precognitive abilities have lured a demon from the spirit world which now wishes to knock on your house walls in a mildly annoying way.

Edited by I'mConvinced

One time, when my ex husband and had our first place, we used a blow up mattress until we got a bed. It was pushed up against the corner of the wall, where we used to sit at night with our backs to that wall. One night we were talking, when I felt a knock THROUGH the wall. I turned to my husband and he had heard/felt it too. We got up to go to the other side of the wall which was in the living room. There was nothing and noone there. Safe to say we did not lean against that wall the rest of the night.

Why are unexplained knocks so scary anyway?

I have experienced 1 loud knock on my bedroom door, really early morning while I am still deep sleep.

It is very startling, I rashly get up and see who it was, but no one and nothings there. This has happened at least 5 or 6 time now.

To this day I haven't figured out what happening or, where are this knocks coming from, or who is doing them.

The knock sounds so real, that I don't think i was dreaming about them knocks 

I know 'exploding head syndrome' is usually experienced as a person is dropping off to sleep, but I wonder if it can occur durIng sleep as well.  It might explain some of the 'bangs' people have heard in the night, thinking they were knocks on a wall or door.  No idea about the feel of a knock through a wall though.

eta.  Have just looked this up and syndrome can also happen when you wake up during the night.  We all wake periodically through the night, even if we are not aware and don't remember it.  Perhaps the waking from sleep to a loud noise is just this syndrome in play.

Edited by Susanc241

We have an entity who knocks every night, although he's been quiet recently. We call him the tubthumper.

hes never harmed us but he's there most nights when we go to bed. One night he frightened us as we were sat in bed chatting and my SO mentioned he hadn't heard the tubthumper yet and immediately there were three huge quick successive bangs on the ceiling above us... who knows what it is but it's definitely sentiment. He even knocks on command some evenings.

Well guys, whatever you do, don't set up recording equipment as then your entity will vanish forever.

2 people like this

I live in SW Virginia,  I too get awakened by three knocks out of my sleep.   They are very loud andcreal sounding.   It happens quite often.   I'm reading your posts now.   On occasion it has been one knock,  but primarily 3.  I live near WV,  TN,  KY,  and NC,  about 30 minutes or so from each in the middle of the Jefferson National Forrest,  The Appalachian Trail.  

On 12/09/2017 at 2:42 PM, ChrLzs said:

Well guys, whatever you do, don't set up recording equipment as then your entity will vanish forever.

I saw what you did there :lol:..

1 person likes this

Just a teensy addition...  where I live we have a lot of overhanging tree branches and a family (or perhaps 2?) of possums frequently uses my roof to traverse to other trees, or just to run around on.  They often make a hell of a racket, and they will also sometimes make knocking sounds - whether to try to crack open something or just while scratching themselves, I do not know.   On a few occasions they have obviously been making a racket while I was half asleep and I waken, thinking for certain that someone has knocked on my door (brains like to 'fix' things to fit with normal experience, so it will change the sound you heard to suit..).

PS, I was always told as a boy to be careful of possums (this is in Australia, btw), as they will, so I wuz told, fight and scratch viciously if cornered... but on a few occasions I've gone outside at night, and one or more of them will just be sitting on my verandah.  They clearly do not regard me as any sort of threat, as they tend to just stare at me quite calmly with those cute little faces, and then go on about their business, unperturbed.  I'm sorta tempted to reach out and pat one or maybe (inappropriately) hand feed them a treat of .. well, whatever possums like...    but those warnings still ring in my ears.. :)  They really are cute, though..

1 person likes this

Oh, and of course we need a picture of the Knocker/s...

Trichosurus_vulpecula_1.jpg

awwwww..... and check out the huge fluffy but prehensile tail..