Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My haunted doll attacked my husband

Still Waters

Debbie Merrick purchased the doll as part of a set of three from a shop just a month ago, but since then strange things have been happening to the family. Now she can't wait to get rid of it and has already sold the doll online.

• Like 7

I want to know who was moving the rocking chair back and forth.  

• Like 3

^ ^ me too! The four of them seemed to be taking that very calmly, I would have been rushing out of the studio! Especially when it happened the second time. And is it my imagination, or did the tiny bouquet move a little?

The person who has bought it is taking a lot on trust, though. It would be interesting to hear if they have any spooky experiences with it.

Also, I wonder how old the doll is? To me, it doesn't look very old.

• Like 2

They made some good money off the story. It's a good scam

I have the answer to this problem

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Update -

'Possessed' china doll strikes again! Mother sells it for £1,000 on eBay after it 'SCRATCHED' her husband - only for new owner to claim his father has now been attacked too

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4760570/A-haunted-doll-flogged-eBay-attacked-new-owner.html

• Haha 2

Then they took the batteries out of the doll and the rocking chair stopped moving .......as little after thought if I'd just spent 800 odd quid on a something  I reckon I'd want it soon as possible not letting the original owners b*****ing about on tv with it 

Freeky bloody thing 

Deadly dolls have a long and proud tradition, as Telly Savalas once found out ...

Edited by SifuPhil
incorrect URL format
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The haunted doll saga continues -

She spooked out the studio the last time she visited and now the creepy doll is back. After reports of her scratching her new owner’s dad, psychic Deborah Davies has been investigating just what's going on, and TV ghost hunter Yvette Fielding shares what she thinks is behind the ghostly phenomena. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've always been curious about haunted dolls.  Are they the object most likely to be possessed because they look like a human and trick some of the less intelligent demons?  How do they move since they have no muscles to contract or tendons to attach them to bone if they were built with muscle tissue?  Or maybe just the energy from a spirit is enough to bring the to "life."  I will admit that ever since I had a dream in which a large "dolly" (my word for it at the time) chased me I have been a little apprehensive about dolls that look to real.  Could be that they resemble a lifeless body more than a precious child or beautiful woman.

Whatever it is, if I see one move or talk I'll never turn out the lights in my house again.

This the most ridiculus thg I have seen in a long while.  She scratched her husbands legs with ragged nails, or he did, in their sleep and the cheap necklace came loose as it was carried to the shed and she turns a £5 investment into an £865 one.  Well done mam.

• Like 9

Gotta love ebay.

I got to gey my haunted stuff on there, but will give the folks on UM the first pickings.

This is haunted.

I was sleeping and i heard it talking....it called my name.

I was sleeping and woke and i saw it move its head then i fell back to sleep again

i have to get it out of my bedroom...it is for sale for £1,346.28p

$_32.JPG

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Gotta love ebay.

I got to gey my haunted stuff on there, but will give the folks on UM the first pickings.

This is haunted.

I was sleeping and i heard it talking....it called my name.

I was sleeping and woke and i saw it move its head then i fell back to sleep again

i have to get it out of my bedroom...it is for sale for £1,346.28p

$_32.JPG

Now that looks possessed!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Merc14 said:

Now that looks possessed!

Hmmm, maybe i should up the price. :innocent:

• Like 4

I've always been interested in haunted dolls for awhile. I doubt I'd ever purchase one though. Think that it would end up giving me the creeps and I wouldn't want to bring anything negative inside my house or to be around my dogs. There's many items that claim to be haunted on Ebay and many people have purchase them. I'd love to talk to others and see their thoughts on the matter. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2017 at 5:40 AM, Still Waters said:

The haunted doll saga continues -

I'm not really a doll fan, but that one is lovely. They don't want it, I'll take it off their hands. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Why is it never haunted action figures?

Ghosts seems to only like girly toys yo.

Nah, there have been some creepy clowns and robots, too. Mostly in movies.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Nah, there have been some creepy clowns and robots, too. Mostly in movies.

Meh. Clowns never were that scary to me. :mellow:

• Like 2

Just now, Aquila King said:

Meh. Clowns never were that scary to me. :mellow:

Me neither. And even Pennywise wasn't scary once you realized it was Tim Curry. 

That new guy, though, he's pretty ferocious.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Me neither. And even Pennywise wasn't scary once you realized it was Tim Curry. 

That new guy, though, he's pretty ferocious.

Clowns were never scary, but they were never funny either. :hmm: They're kinda like mimes. Just annoying at best.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

That doll is made by Franklin Heirloom Dolls which is made by The Franklin Mint. The specific doll is called The Gibson Girl Bride doll.  There is always a few for sale on ebay but this is the first I have  ever heard of one being haunted.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blackdahlia said:

That doll is made by Franklin Heirloom Dolls which is made by The Franklin Mint. The specific doll is called The Gibson Girl Bride doll.  There is always a few for sale on ebay but this is the first I have  ever heard of one being haunted.

You need an awesome black dahlia avatar. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Fishing the Styx said:

This one looks more believable somewhat, 

but at least this one is funny.

l3NgfUm.jpg

They can never find it where they left it ..... because the dog relentlessly barking at it p1sses of the daughter so much she moves it

• Like 1