Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Knife Attack in Hamburg Supermarket

susieice

This news is just breaking here in the US. A man wielding a knife has killed one and injured at least 4 in a supermarket in Hamburg Germany.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/28/german-police-1-killed-in-knife-attack-at-hamburg-supermarket.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/28/europe/hamburg-supermarket-knife-attack/index.html

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

Geez. Can't even go to the supermarket anymore.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eugeneonegin said:

Latest info is , it wasn't terrorist motivated, but an asylum seeker who just didn't want to go home:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/28/one-dead-several-injured-knife-attack-hamburg-supermarket/

Would have never guessed gotta love immigration. I give it a couple days till the next time someone screams Allah Akbar

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, eugeneonegin said:

Latest info is , it wasn't terrorist motivated, but an asylum seeker who just didn't want to go home:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/28/one-dead-several-injured-knife-attack-hamburg-supermarket/

its almost comical...  yeah i know someone got killed and I'm not celebrating that, but rather the stupid logic that this moron used to go on his knife attacking frenzy. 

" give me asylum or else i will kill someone and go to prison "

not having a dig at you mate but rather what people define as terrorism. The guy randomly attacked and killed and he is "not" a terrorist. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

its almost comical...  yeah i know someone got killed and I'm not celebrating that, but rather the stupid logic that this moron used to go on his knife attacking frenzy. 

not having a dig at you mate but rather what people define as terrorism. The guy randomly attacked and killed and he is "not" a terrorist. 

Seems religion and politics are the same, they both cheat the legal system. The guy should be dumped in the ocean. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Silver Thong said:

Seems religion and politics are the same, they both cheat the legal system. The guy should be dumped in the ocean. 

Absolutely. The dude is a sicko. 

• Like 2

Or they could just begin eliminating anyone who commits such acts while invoking Allah as greater than all other gods.  A Jordanian maintenance worker at the embassy took a screwdriver to stab an Israeli guard and the guard showed him what's wrong with bringing a "knife to a gunfight".  Unfortunately, he also killed a bystander in the melee.  If there are multiple witnesses who hear a person use that expression while murdering an innocent, execute him on the spot.  No, it won't stop others from doing the same but it WILL stop that one from ever doing it again.

1 minute ago, and then said:

No, it won't stop others from doing the same but it WILL stop that one from ever doing it again.

Great way to make martyrs. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

Absolutely. The dude is a sicko. 

The real sad part is, that a lot of people and I mean a lot will make excuses for this man and state Islam is not to be mentioned. They will say It was a lone wolf or something or he was just a bad apple and he doesn't represent the majority of Muslims.  These attacks are just to often to ignore the issue. Immigration has failed at it's current state. Our politicians need a swift kick in the ass and wake up.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Then get rid of them. let them be Martyrs in there own country. Why should we give up ours? 

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 3

There is a thread about mercy and pity going on. I'm about done with mercy. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I can't 'like' such contents, so I'm quoting you just to tell you that I agree completely with your post. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I can't 'like' such contents, so I'm quoting you just to tell you that I agree completely with your post. 

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

The difference is in motive.

Terrorists do what they do to invoke terror to further some political or religious aim.

Other people carry out these kinds of acts to achieve, perhaps personal aims, such as this man, who is reportedly trying to prevent being deported.

And the sad thing, he has probably achieved his aim.

He'll do time in a European prison, and will afterwards claim that, were he to return to his country of origin, he will face further punishment so that it would be unethical to deport him.

Edited by eugeneonegin
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, eugeneonegin said:

The difference is in motive.

Terrorists do what they do to invoke terror to further some political or religious aim.

Other people carry out these kinds of acts to achieve, perhaps personal aims, such as this man, who is reportedly trying to prevent being deported.

And the sad thing, he has probably achieved his aim.

He'll do time in a European prison, and will afterwards claim that, were he to return to his country of origin, he will face further punishment so that it would be unethical to deport him.

i don't disagree with the gist of your argument but rather the definition of terrorist. if someones motive is to calmly walk into a supermarket and kill as many as he can, i would classify that as trying to instil terror. I don't care for his religion or politics, the guy is just as likely to kill for religion and politics as he obviously did for residency. He should be tried for terrorism.   

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, kartikg said:

These guys ruined their countries and now are after others. 

That's an excellent point. i can't imagine that this man has no blood on his hands and the extremes to which he has gone to, to stay in Germany points to a very violent man wanted in his own country. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

They're still dead. 

• Like 3

Police praised the courage of the three men who followed the attacker after video footage emerged of passers-by using chairs as shields to corner the suspect.

Here a video showing the brave guys who stopped him attacking further:

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Happy to do my bit.  Here's a clue - the ones doing the random killing?, they're ALREADY KILLING.  If the price of making nice so they won't hate me is to allow them to kill me or my loved ones, I choose to very decisively not make nice.  I owe no one my life.  If you want to submit and hope they don't humiliate or kill you, go for it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, toast said:

Here a video showing the brave guys who stopped him attacking further:

As this thread has the potential to jump into populist driven discussions about immigration into Germany, I have to add that the guys who stopped the attacker were Tunesian guys. The Tunesian born Jamel Chraiet (48), living in Germany for 27 years now, and some friends were at a bakery shop when they saw the bloodstained attacker walking with a knife along the sideway. They decided on the spot to stop the maniac, grapped some chairs from the bakery shop and followed him. Thats what I call moral courage and bravery. Jamel stated in an interview: "No, I would not say that we are heros, it was a normal reaction".

Hamburg police saying "thank you very much!":

:tu::tu::tu:

Edited by toast
  • Like 6

If they've been in Germany 27 years, they probably came to be part of your country and have developed a loyalty to it and feel part of it.  MOST who have been there for a long time probably are similar.  That is wonderful but immaterial to the current influx of unvetted immigrants.   But hey, carry on!  Best of luck with that.

27 minutes ago, and then said:

If they've been in Germany 27 years, they probably came to be part of your country and have developed a loyalty to it and feel part of it.  MOST who have been there for a long time probably are similar.  That is wonderful but immaterial to the current influx of unvetted immigrants.   But hey, carry on!  Best of luck with that.

Immaterial? Do these chairs look immaterial to you? 

Seriously, they were newcomers 27 years ago, and obviously didn't murder anyone when they just arrived. If local people back then were thinking the way you do today, these brave guys would not have a chance to integrate. They'd stay pariahs, condemned in advance for the crimes they didn't yet commit and - statistically - won't commit them in the future too. 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, eugeneonegin said:

This happens in every country where the prisons are better than the perpetrator's actual country. They are full of idiots who get sent there deliberately.

• Like 2