Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Knife Attack in Hamburg Supermarket

susieice

Another attack last night. Police ruled out terrorism.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/30/german-nightclub-shooting-one-killed-several-hurt-after-gunman-opens-fire.html

With a machine gun, it was good luck that more weren't killed.

• Like 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

I have to admit. I love the idea of an egalitarian world where everyone gets along and there are no borders. 

That said, I have to see reality for what it is. There are people who want to hurt us. And there are also so many refugees that even if they mean no harm, it's like taking so many in your life boat that it sinks. At some point, you have to decide not to take anymore. 

That would be great but we have to understand right now it's a pipe dream for that utopia.  Your right, i like your analogy.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Another attack last night. Police ruled out terrorism.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/30/german-nightclub-shooting-one-killed-several-hurt-after-gunman-opens-fire.html

With a machine gun, it was good luck that more weren't killed.

How did he get a machine gun in Germany. Those are pretty hard to get in Germany. Must have connections is my guess.  

• Like 1

You've already got a thread for the 'another one'. 

The only problem - actually, the absence of a problem you apparently so desperately want to see going on - is that these two crimes were not connected and though one might have terrorist elements, the other doesn't qualify at all.  

• Like 1

There has to be some middle ground where everyone at any point on the political spectrum can at least admit the threat that extremism poses. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

There has to be some middle ground where everyone at any point on the political spectrum can at least admit the threat that extremism poses. 

There is no middle ground unfortunately.  The left has planted the foot and and will not back down. They listen to nothing but the BS they believe as preached to them. 

I use to be one

Edited by The Silver Thong

1 minute ago, The Silver Thong said:

There is no middle ground unfortunately.  The left has planted the foot and and will not back down. 

It seems to me that everybody just has to come a little towards the middle. We need moderates to get things back into balance. Someone to say to each side...hey...you're just too over the top. 

• Like 3

It seems to me that everybody just has to come a little towards the middle. We need moderates to get things back into balance. Someone to say to each side...hey...you're just too over the top. 

As much as I wish that was true it won't happen. 

Just now, The Silver Thong said:

As much as I wish that was true it won't happen. 

It really has to. There's gotta be something between locking up every Muslim in a camp, and allowing Sharia law to develop. Someone has to have some sanity. 

• Like 1

Just like there has to something between everyone living off the government and one guy sitting on a pile of gold. 

At some point, everything just gets too out of balance. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

At some point, everything just gets too out of balance. 

I hate to say it, but it already is. 

Just now, The Silver Thong said:

I hate to say it, but it already is. 

Well, that was my whole point. 

Well, that was my whole point. 

I wasn't sure 

3 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

I don't speak that language so I don't know what it says or you 

what does that purple thing under your post read?  

Use translator. 

And my signature, written in Glagolitic, the oldest known Slavic script, says:

Ako pametan popusti, budala zavlada.

If the wise one lets it go, the fool will rule. 

Now you know why I still bother with you. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Use translator. 

And my signature, written in Glagolitic, the oldest known Slavic script, says:

Ako pametan popusti, budala zavlada.

If the wise one lets it go, the fool will rule. 

Now you know why I still bother with you. 

Funny how it seems you want to rule hmmm  oh wait the left in Europe does rule. That's why i'm here 

This is what I'm against and you are for.  

pls watch

• Like 1

22 hours ago, keithisco said:

If your Asylum claim is bogus then you have arrived illegally. It took some time for the police to release the perps name or even to consider it terrorist related-ignoring the 3 defenders claims that he was shouting "Alluh Akbhar" during the assault.

Using the phrase Allahu Akbar isn't enough to qualify it as a terrorist attack. Muslims use it in all kinds of emotional situations. It can be an expression of superiority, gratitude, fear or pretty much anything else. Not saying this was or wasn't terrorism but we need more information. Using the phrase isn't enough evidence on its own.

Here's an example: a Muslim pilot shouts Allahu Akbar immediately before crashing a plane killing over 200 passengers.

What do you think was happening?

19 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

Daily Mail..... Left wing......

Well I think that pretty conclusively lost you any remaining shred of credibility.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

Its hilarious, isnt it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Using the phrase Allahu Akbar isn't enough to qualify it as a terrorist attack. Muslims use it in all kinds of emotional situations. It can be an expression of superiority, gratitude, fear or pretty much anything else. Not saying this was or wasn't terrorism but we need more information. Using the phrase isn't enough evidence on its own.

Here's an example: a Muslim pilot shouts Allahu Akbar immediately before crashing a plane killing over 200 passengers.

What do you think was happening?

Well I think that pretty conclusively lost you any remaining shred of credibility.

Your version of left and right is different than mine. But keep posting you make me laugh oh I forgot your from England, now I get it. 

4 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

Your version of left and right is different than mine. But keep posting you make me laugh oh I forgot your from England, now I get it. 

Well I guess opinion is divided. 

You say it's left wing, everyone else in the world says it's right wing. 

And yes, I'm from England. As is the daily mail. Perhaps you're admitting your understanding of its political leanings is limited since you're in the US? 

ETA: just a friendly reminder, if the best argument you can make is based on where another poster is from, you've already lost. 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Well I guess opinion is divided. 

You say it's left wing, everyone else in the world says it's right wing. 

And yes, I'm from England. As is the daily mail. Perhaps you're admitting your understanding of its political leanings is limited since you're in the US? 

ETA: just a friendly reminder, if the best argument you can make is based on where another poster is from, you've already lost. 

I posted info from a Britain news paper take it for what it is or cry over it. Oh and yes it makes a difference where people are from, most of Europe is very left wing.  Plus you should read more I don't live in the US. Try again 

42 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

I posted info from a Britain news paper take it for what it is or cry over it. Oh and yes it makes a difference where people are from, most of Europe is very left wing.  Plus you should read more I don't live in the US. Try again 

True, true, so very left wing they're reading Daily Mail :lol:

You obviously can't even comprehend how monumentally... uninformed... it was to call Daily Mail very left wing.

Anyway, please, do proceed to explain to Europeans what are their political inclinations... and why they're wrong. Particularly these communists at Daily Mail :lol: 

Ah, beautiful. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

You posted an inaccurate representation of that paper's reputation so now you're trying to wriggle out of it. Everyone can see you made a stupid mistake, own up to it. 

And most of Europe isn't very left wing, the US is just very right wing :-)

And yes I forgot you were in Canada.  Probably something to do with the stereotype that Canadians are polite and friendly. But yes, I admit I made a mistake. 

(see how it's done?) 

• Like 5