Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Could Be Messiah or His Forerunner

ExpandMyMind

4 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

So, you think 'recon by fire' is an appropriate tactic for use within a democratic government setting?

Objection - leading question and calls for speculation!!

Withdrawn, your Honour - no further questions...

It's at least as appropriate as the lies, innuendo and character assassination the media and the Progs have been engaged in.  They have lost all sense of proportion and are fully committed to removing a duly elected president.  Why would it be a problem for them to be seen as doing exactly this?  What is happening in this country today will never be "unseen".  Apparently, the good folks around the globe think of us as idiots or cattle that can be forever pushed and pulled by the flickering lights of a TV screen.  Regarding the so-called news... that flickering has lost its luster.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2017 at 11:43 PM, and then said:

Which is exactly why he was elected.  People can ignore and abuse him all they like but he IS the U.S. president.  Despite the admonitions and aspersions coming from all sides, his base is solidly intact.  Not because they aren't tired of the silliness.  They stay because they KNOW that if he can't help them, NO ONE WILL.  They've seen what's on offer by the progs and have said no.  Once the R's catch the drift of sentiment of the electorate back home, he just might get a second wind late this year or early next. Never underestimate the cowardice of a politician.

I hear you, but I think it was a false hope.  I think no one will help the average citizen.  He was elected on a 2 dimensional black and white scale:  if he is not Hillary, he must be good.   Bad assumption.  I think you are expecting too much from drift, especially when folks start to lose health care benefits.  We are the antelope.  The lion fights with the hyena for possession of us, but neither is our friend.  No matter who wins, we are dinner. Drain the swamp was a great idea, but we didn't do it.

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I hear you, but I think it was a false hope.  I think no one will help the average citizen.  He was elected on a 2 dimensional black and white scale:  if he is not Hillary, he must be good.   Bad assumption.  I think you are expecting too much from drift, especially when folks start to lose health care benefits.  We are the antelope.  The lion fights with the hyena for possession of us, but neither is our friend.  No matter who wins, we are dinner. Drain the swamp was a great idea, but we didn't do it.

I think that at best he was naive to think he could root out the impediments to sane governance that had been developed over several decades.  I would even blame pride and ego for it.  As I mentioned earlier, though, his presidency has blown up the illusions that might have still been held by many citizens here.  Because of him, we have now seen the true face of the "deep state" and its organs in the Democrat and the Republican parties.  If he is actually pushed out of office without clear proof of serious crimes being committed in his run for the office, the Establishment may just have a nasty surprise over the next couple of election cycles.  Hell, we might even have a modern day Fort Sumter event.  People are sick to death of this paralysis and having all hope of better things being crushed out with glee by the establishment.  Maybe the French had the right idea back in the day.  Guillotines, anyone?

On 8/3/2017 at 11:21 PM, and then said:

I think that at best he was naive to think he could root out the impediments to sane governance that had been developed over several decades.  I would even blame pride and ego for it.  As I mentioned earlier, though, his presidency has blown up the illusions that might have still been held by many citizens here.  Because of him, we have now seen the true face of the "deep state" and its organs in the Democrat and the Republican parties.  If he is actually pushed out of office without clear proof of serious crimes being committed in his run for the office, the Establishment may just have a nasty surprise over the next couple of election cycles.  Hell, we might even have a modern day Fort Sumter event.  People are sick to death of this paralysis and having all hope of better things being crushed out with glee by the establishment.  Maybe the French had the right idea back in the day.  Guillotines, anyone?

That sounds a little harsh.  Guillotines don't care who gets beheaded and mobs don't like to see a useful machine standing idle.  I lean in a slightly different direction on some issue than you do, but at the root, I too am sick of government as it currently operates.  Many people left right and middle share that unease.  I think that is what all of the Bernie supporters wanted, a way to get away from the status quo.

There is an entrenched power structure.  I think it is made up more of elected representatives and lobbyists than civil servants.  Money flows to gain advantage, more money flows back.  Bureaucrats and clerks and administrators are not in position to grant powerful favors as easily as congressmen.  I think they are just trying to keep things running and most with a good heart and sense of duty.

Hope is a good thing.  It is what got Obama elected, it is what got Trump elected.  Even well intentioned promises can be unfulfilled.  Throwing everybody out and filling up a corrupt system with fresh faces might help, but only if they stop listening to lobbyists and quickly pass laws to take the money links out of politics. My 2 cents.

WhoTF does think Trump is the messiah??? He's a self-centered egoist narcissist man with too much privilege in his life, esp. he's a billionaire. His celebrity status is what made him president, thanks to the undemocratic electoral vote. Trump has no abilities or credibility to be my country's president. 

Edited by Solipsi Rai
  • Like 1

I still think Trump went into the election as a joke.. then found himself actually having a chance and ran with it.. I agree with you and then, his impact will be shaking the political foundations of the established families and parties across the world.. not just in America.. for that one fact I would actually shake his hand if for nothing else.

best thing any gov can do is limit lobbyist's and make a full disclosure on any political donation to a party.. actually getting rid of lobbyists all together would be a benefit.. you would actually see changes happen.

• Like 3

On 8/5/2017 at 9:37 PM, Solipsi Rai said:

undemocratic electoral vote.

Want to get rid of the Electoral College?  Start a movement and go about getting an amendment to our Constitution.  Short of that, the Founders knew a bit about "rule by mob" and that's where the EC came from.

• Like 1

What surprises me the most is that someone out there thinks that the epitome of Christian values is exhibited in Donald Trump.  Enough so to be labeled as "Messiah". 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trump would be nothing more than a joke, if his ignorance wasn't so dangerous. 

• Like 1