Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sweden's economic growth is 'crazy strong'

ExpandMyMind

A surge in the pace of growth in the second quarter of 2017 means Sweden's GDP expanded by a whopping 4 per cent from a year earlier, leaving Finance Minister Magdalena Andersson rejoicing over growth some analysts called "crazy strong."

Sweden's gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 1.7 percent in the second quarter of 2017, fresh figures from Statistics Sweden (Statistiska centralbyrån, SCB) show. That means the country's year-on-year growth rate landed at 4 percent, beating the economists' forecast growth of 2.8 percent. 

"This shows the strength of the Swedish economy, and we can see that both the household consumption and property investments are going strong," Finance Minister Magdalena Andersson told TT newswire.

https://www.thelocal.se/20170728/swedens-economic-growth-is-crazy-strong-analysts

I see they're right on track to becoming a third world country. :rolleyes: 

• Like 3

Sweden's quality of life is set to drop in the coming years as a result of mass Islamic immigration.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Sweden's quality of life is set to drop in the coming years as a result of mass Islamic immigration.

In what way?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

In what way?

Because some alt-right site said so, that's why.

• Like 2

The Human Development Index measures quality of life, life expectancy, etc.

Refugees coming from war torn countries bring that score down, because they are, well, poor homeless refugees.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Refugees coming from war torn countries bring that score down, because they are, well, poor homeless refugees.

From a land of plenty I;m glad that we can alleviate some of that.

Now I'm waiting for some cracker to ask me how many refugees I'm living with.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Gromdor said:

So how does a comparatively small number of refugees, most of whom will be working and contributing to the economy, equate to a country spiralling into third world status? Their economy is booming and immigrants, as all countries are aware, contribute to such growth in a not insignificant way.

It's shameless fearmongering, nothing more.

• Like 1

yes Sweden could be a very affluent Islam dominated country in the future - good for them --- hoorah  :huh:

won't it all be super duper and maybe the Muslim political leaders will allow a few Western traditions to continue -
as long as they don't clash with what is taught in the mosques - 

(sarcasm to make a point )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bee said:

yes Sweden could be a very affluent Islam dominated country in the future - good for them --- hoorah  :huh:

won't it all be super duper and maybe the Muslim political leaders will allow a few Western traditions to continue -
as long as they don't clash with what is taught in the mosques - 

(sarcasm to make a point )

Less than 8% of the population are going to dominate the country? Do they drive tanks to work or something?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

So how does a comparatively small number of refugees, most of whom will be working and contributing to the economy, equate to a country spiralling into third world status? Their economy is booming and immigrants, as all countries are aware, contribute to such growth in a not insignificant way.

It's shameless fearmongering, nothing more.

Ummm..... "...most of whom will be working and contributing... " ?

I'm not sure that's even remotely accurate, ExpandMyMind. According to THIS report (citing SVT, Swedens state broadcaster), around 97% are unemployed.

https://www.thelocal.se/20160531/fewer-than-500-of-163000-asylum-seekers-found-jobs

That is a year out of date, and things MAY have improved, but do you have any figures to suggest so ?

58 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I'm not sure that's even remotely accurate, ExpandMyMind. According to THIS report (citing SVT, Swedens state broadcaster), around 97% are unemployed.

https://www.thelocal.se/20160531/fewer-than-500-of-163000-asylum-seekers-found-jobs

That is a year out of date, and things MAY have improved, but do you have any figures to suggest so ?

I believe that number is incorrect, but even if it were true, they're newly arrived refugees so this is expected. Eventually the vast majority of them will be working

According to a recent report from the OECD, only 22% of newly-arrived men and 8% of women had employment after one or two years of introductory programmes. But the long-term employment rates of previously-arrived refugees in Sweden are more favourable and lead us to believe that the numbers above will grow within the next few years.

As reported by the Swedish Migration Delegation, only 30% of refugees who arrived between 1997 and 1999 were employed after two years of residency in Sweden, but this number jumped to 65% after ten years in the country. Despite the fact that this figure is still below the Swedish average employment rate of about 80%, it is illustrative of the gradual growth in employment rates for refugees.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-conversation-global/taking-on-the-challenge-o_b_13006584.html

And I know that I stated 'refugees' in reply to bee, but I actually should have stated muslims, since that is what she was referring to. And when we look at their immigrant population we can see that the vast majority already do have jobs.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

I believe that number is incorrect, but even if it were true, they're newly arrived refugees so this is expected. Eventually the vast majority of them will be working

Regarding that link, the data set referenced doesn't include any Muslim countries. Not one unless you include France

wtf_stats.jpg

It's hard to get accurate numbers when it comes to the migrant crisis. We will just have to wait and see how this pans out for Sweden. Hoping for the best but...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-conversation-global/taking-on-the-challenge-o_b_13006584.html

And I know that I stated 'refugees' in reply to bee, but I actually should have stated muslims, since that is what she was referring to. And when we look at their immigrant population we can see that the vast majority already do have jobs.

spot on ExpandmyMind,

The vast majority of immigrants and refugees gain employment given a reasonable amount of time - a very small number of immigrants/refugees do the Jobs the Swedes wont do, and the rest of them are Doctors, nurses and Engineers etc.

Germany's economy is booming and Hospitals overflowing with Doctors and Nurses, with Hospital waiting times ZERO. I believe out of the 1.5Million who have arrived, 1million are Doctors and Nurses. We can all remember them struggling getting the beds and X-ray machines under the barb-wire fences.......The problem now is Germany has that many extra surplus to requirements, Doctors, Nurses, and engineers that they are now doing forced relocation to other European member countries, in fact the ultimatum to the Czechs, Hungarians, and Poles is they have one month to start taking migrants or face the consequences.

https://euobserver.com/migration/138619

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40259268

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Regarding that link, the data set referenced doesn't include any Muslim countries. Not one unless you include France

wtf_stats.jpg

It's hard to get accurate numbers when it comes to the migrant crisis. We will just have to wait and see how this pans out for Sweden. Hoping for the best but...

The above is not a representation of Sweden, with all of those countries being their respective ex pat populations living inside Sweden. It is a representation of the level of unemployment amongst foreign born people living in the mentioned countries. For example, Belgium has a 17% unemployment rate among their foreign born (immigrant) work force. In the UK it is 6%. In Israel it is 4.3%. Etc, etc. It does show that Sweden's percentage is a bit higher than the average, but this will likely be because of the influx of refugees. It will level out eventually. 

And I have provided accurate numbers for the level of unemployment in the refugee population for Sweden (only 22% employment), but have also provided evidence that this is perfectly normal and that the number climbs as time goes by.

And when you actually look at Sweden's overall immigrant population percentage compared to other countries, it is also perfectly normal for a thriving country:

Luxembourg 43.7
Switzerland 28.3
Australia 27.7
Israel 22.6
New Zealand 22.4
Canada 20.0
Austria 16.7
Ireland 16.4
Slovenia 16.1
Sweden 16.0
Belgium 15.5
Norway 13.9
Spain 13.4
United States 13.1
Germany 12.8
United Kingdom 12.3
France 12.0
Netherlands 11.6
Iceland 11.5
Estonia 10.1
Italy 9.5
Denmark 8.5
Portugal 8.2
Czech Republic 7.1
Finland 5.6
Hungary 4.5
Slovak Republic 3.2
Chile 2.5
Mexico 0.8
Poland 0.0
Turkey 0.0
Greece 0.0

This whole 'Sweden is dying', 'muslims are taking over the country' bull**** is nothing but far-right propaganda.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Less than 8% of the population are going to dominate the country? Do they drive tanks to work or something?

Oh - don't you know about the global islamic jihad...?

There isn't just the military side of it -more dangerous in the long run for Europe is the colonization -
All the adherents have to do is not allow the religion to be watered down - sit tight - get involved in politics and job done ..

Appeasement and denial from the host nation aids the process -

Depending on birth rates and further immigration 8% can soon become 50% + in the future... 

1 hour ago, bee said:

There isn't just the military side of it -more dangerous in the long run for Europe is the colonization -
All the adherents have to do is not allow the religion to be watered down - sit tight - get involved in politics and job done ..

Depending on birth rates and further immigration 8% can soon become 50% + in the future... 

200m+ can't take over India and you think they have a chance at Europe? When did conspiracy theorists become right wing extremists? 

200m+ can't take over India and you think they have a chance at Europe? 

This is one of the videos on the subject that I picked out at random that discusses the maths -
India is obviously a different case in terms of population growth statistics regarding different groups -

When did conspiracy theorists become right wing extremists?

feeble remark :rolleyes:

On 7/31/2017 at 5:57 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

You think they need Tanks they don't 

On 31/07/2017 at 10:05 PM, RoofGardener said:

That could be because, like here, they can't get a job because they're still learning the language and can't learn the language because the ****s at the employment agencies and Centrelink are forcing them out to go to job interviews and find work instead of going to lessons to learn the local language.

• Like 1

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:42 PM, stevewinn said:

spot on ExpandmyMind,

The vast majority of immigrants and refugees gain employment given a reasonable amount of time - a very small number of immigrants/refugees do the Jobs the Swedes wont do, and the rest of them are Doctors, nurses and Engineers etc.

Germany's economy is booming and Hospitals overflowing with Doctors and Nurses, with Hospital waiting times ZERO. I believe out of the 1.5Million who have arrived, 1million are Doctors and Nurses. We can all remember them struggling getting the beds and X-ray machines under the barb-wire fences.......The problem now is Germany has that many extra surplus to requirements, Doctors, Nurses, and engineers that they are now doing forced relocation to other European member countries, in fact the ultimatum to the Czechs, Hungarians, and Poles is they have one month to start taking migrants or face the consequences.

https://euobserver.com/migration/138619

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40259268

This made me laugh!

• Like 1

"There have been some indications that the economy has real strength, and this is a sign that is actually the case. Not least the property investments are pleasing, as we need to build a lot of homes, and the government has worked hard on the housing issue since we got into government," Andersson said.

Will see if it's real growth or just some realestate speculative bubble. It could be partly induced by refugees as they take lower valued habitation, pushing everyone else one category above what they would normally have settled for. The rest of the number doesn't look too outstanding, I don't see a sudden Asian taste for IKEA furniture being behind this or anything like that.

On 01/08/2017 at 10:27 AM, bee said:

quoting myself to add this showing that there is a deliberate policy to 'out breed' non muslims in Europe -
they all know what's coming down the line and Turkey's Erdogan spells it out - 

what price 'crazy strong' economic growth based on immigration .. ? 

for many years western nations have urged their people to have less and less children - those who had
more than two or three were / are considered to be selfish and not doing their bit to help keep the population down -

and now this..!!! ... suddenly the populations are deemed too small and economies can only be saved by mass immigration..
no matter what the cultural consequences for future generations - something fishy going on here I think - have European nations
been conned into literally giving away their countries over an extended time period - ? 

http://www.theunshackled.net/rundown/erdogans-commandment-reveals-the-islamic-plan-to-outbreed-us/

Turkey wants its emigrants living in Europe to outbreed the native population in order to become the dominant ethnic group and for Islam to be the largest religion in a region of the world that is meant to be predominantly white and Christian. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This isn’t the first time Erdogan made such chilling comments that connoted an effort to outbreed Europe’s native population. Last year, he asked all Muslims to avoid using birth control and “multiply our descendants”. This is especially inconvenient, to say the least, in an era when the birth rate of native populations in Europe is substantially lower than those of its Islamic minority.

24 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

How strong is it in the 'no-go zones'?

Every country has bad areas that are controlled by criminals and gangs. They're not 'no-go zones'. 

"3. Why has the number of vulnerable areas increased?

In the police's report from December 2015 the number of vulnerable areas was 53; in the 2017 report the number had increased to 61, with the number of especially vulnerable areas increasing from 15 to 23. Partly, it's because the situation has indeed deteriorated in some of these areas. But the main reason, according to the police themselves, has to do with research: the police have stepped up their work, and data collection, in these areas in recent years, and consequently know more about the situation.

“Primarily it's to do with the police getting better at analyzing and identifying these areas,” criminology expert Manne Gerell of Malmö University, whose research makes up part of the report, explained to The Local."

Wow, they avoided micro-aggressions, triggers, culture, religion, immigration, and gender pro-nouns in that whole article. Glad they found that 'main reason' though: Police research and data collection. Guess that solves the problem. And yes, they are "no-go zones", not that PC 'vulnerable areas' BS.

Edited by Sweetpumper