Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pre-Columbian Contact with the New World

Lord Harry

59 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

I've had Conch snail meat. It's pretty good. Definitely take it over pigeons. 

Know (almost) squat about history, but escargot for starters and pigeon as the main course sounds terrific to me (had that a few times in France when there for business). Served with small, fired potatoes and a garlic sauce....

Cheers,
Badeskov 

• Like 1

I've never paid for pigeon, but I always eat the snails if they're on the menu.

Harte

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, badeskov said:

Know (almost) squat about history, but escargot for starters and pigeon as the main course sounds terrific to me (had that a few times in France when there for business). Served with small, fired potatoes and a garlic sauce....

Cheers,
Badeskov 

Pretty much anything is better with garlic sauce. 

Snails, fish, chicken, mummy feet. Anything. 

• Like 3

Just now, ShadowSot said:

With all respect to kmt, mummy feet do not belong in that list......that is just disgusting..

Cheers,
Badeskov

5 minutes ago, badeskov said:

With all respect to kmt, mummy feet do not belong in that list......that is just disgusting..

Cheers,
Badeskov

Did I say mummy feet? 

I meant pig feet. Honest. 

People eat pig feet right? 

Normal people. 

Like me. 

Edited by ShadowSot
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Did I say mummy feet? 

I meant pig feet. Honest. 

People eat pig feet right? 

Normal people. 

Like me. 

I have eaten pig feet. I have also eaten pig tails. That was not that delicious when they still had hair on them - especially as the coworker and I had a slight (ahem) hangover from a "business meeting" the night before with some of the project partners. Lannion, Britanny, France - highly recommendable. Well, traveled there with a small plane with what was CNET (a division of France Telecom at the time), not sure I'd ever take my family on such a flight to be honest.

Cheers,
Badeskov  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

47 minutes ago, badeskov said:

Cheers,
Badeskov

Pineapples. Pineapples aren't better with garlic sauce. They ruin the garlic sauce.

And never snails. Garden slugs are not food.

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

Pineapples. Pineapples aren't better with garlic sauce. They ruin the garlic sauce.

Pineapples are great, so lets not head down that avenue. Especially on pizza! Along with either seafood or chicken. The former I really miss in the US.

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

Escargot is awesome. In a delicious garlic sauce.

Cheers,
Badeskov 

• Like 1

Next you'll be saying escargot on pizza. Either escargot or pineapple is a sin on pizza. Verboten, I tell you!

On 8/3/2017 at 6:54 PM, kmt_sesh said:

There is such a burial in the alleyway behind my apartment in Chicago.

Oh, wait, that was a mob hit.

Now, that's professional! :P

• Like 2

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

Next you'll be saying escargot on pizza. Either escargot or pineapple is a sin on pizza. Verboten, I tell you!

No! I would never eat escargot on pizza....well, that might not be entirely true, ahem :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Badeskov 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Ah man, there used to be this BBQ place down the road that made this excellent rice with pineapple and garlic and shrimp. 

• Like 1

Ah man, there used to be this BBQ place down the road that made this excellent rice with pineapple and garlic and shrimp. 

I'd be willing to try that because I love barbecue, I love garlic, and I love rice. It sounds really good but I'm not sure how the pineapple would fit into it. Can I flick it out?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'd be willing to try that because I love barbecue, I love garlic, and I love rice. It sounds really good but I'm not sure how the pineapple would fit into it. Can I flick it out?

You need it. Sort of like a teriyaki type sauce. The pineapple used was the good stuff. Very sweet, hardly acidic. 

And I say this as someone who usually reject fruit mixed I to cooked food on principle. From both a taste and "mouth feel" perspective. 

9 minutes ago, badeskov said:

No! I would never eat escargot on pizza....well, that might not be entirely true, ahem :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Badeskov 

You can probably get it at the Mellow Mushroom. I'd give it a shot. 

• Like 2

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

That would be highly recommendable. Sounds delicious.

Cheers,
Badeskov 

You need it. Sort of like a teriyaki type sauce. The pineapple used was the good stuff. Very sweet, hardly acidic. 

And I say this as someone who usually reject fruit mixed I to cooked food on principle. From both a taste and "mouth feel" perspective. 

You can probably get it at the Mellow Mushroom. I'd give it a shot. 

Sounds pretty good actually....

Cheers,
Badeskov

6 minutes ago, badeskov said:

Sounds pretty good actually....

Cheers,
Badeskov

Yeahp. Look, I usually hate this sort of mixed food. And I would seriously consider illegal actions to get more of this stuff. It's that good. 

I think our discussion has turned into the Food Network. I was posting that line about rice and garlic sauce right before leaving work, and it made me very hungry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Sorry, but wrong IS wrong, after all:

Stir-fried garden slugs on angel-hair pasta recipe

I'd add a little garlic to the stir fry.

Harte

Edited by Harte
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harte said:

Sorry, but wrong IS wrong, after all:

Stir-fried garden slugs on angel-hair pasta recipe

I'd add a little garlic to the stir fry.

Harte

I'm sure that's a recipe for feral dogs, or alligators, or perhaps velociraptors resurrected from blobs of mosquito-infested amber.

But not for people.

48 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'm sure that's a recipe for feral dogs, or alligators, or perhaps velociraptors resurrected from blobs of mosquito-infested amber.

But not for people.

Maybe the French?

9 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

You're on to something there.

There's also the Vietnamese. They served deep-fried snails at movie theaters and munched them like popcorn.

8 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

There's also the Vietnamese. They served deep-fried snails at movie theaters and munched them like popcorn.

Thanks for the warning. If for some reason I ever go to Vietnam, I will be sure to stay clear of any and all theaters.

I have an uncle who used to go there a lot as a doctor, and then on vacation. I don't see him often but I'll have to ask him if he got his bucket of deep-fried snails when he went to the movies.

I suppose they couldn't be any worse than brewer's yeast residue.

• Like 1