Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird 'rocks' turn out to be dinosaur fossils

Claire.

Weird 'Rocks' at Robotics Test Site Turn Out to Be Dinosaur Fossils

What began as a search by university students for a Mars-like landscape in a Canadian park took an unexpected detour into paleontology, when they discovered strange "rocks" that turned out to be dinosaur bones.

Read more: Live Science

• Like 4

Rover missed a spot ...

~

• Like 3

There is a forum somewhere, I wish I could find it again, where people post pictures of fossils they have found. The majority of the posts, however, are people finding rocks and in some cases railroad ties or marbles, and insisting that they are dinosaur eggs or skulls or meteorites or whatever, despite being shown conclusive evidence otherwise. It reminded me a lot of this place.

• Like 5

According to my born-again brother, and many other Christians, dinosaur bones were planted by the Devil!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, acute said:

According to my born-again brother, and many other Christians, dinosaur bones were planted by the Devil!

Not this Christian....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

There is a forum somewhere, I wish I could find it again, where people post pictures of fossils they have found. The majority of the posts, however, are people finding rocks and in some cases railroad ties or marbles, and insisting that they are dinosaur eggs or skulls or meteorites or whatever, despite being shown conclusive evidence otherwise. It reminded me a lot of this place.

Are you thinking of The Fossil Forum?

1 hour ago, Carnoferox said:

Are you thinking of The Fossil Forum?

Hmmm. Could be. I'll have to look at it at home instead of my phone.