Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What religion are you?

nephili

If you had to call it a specific religious belief or blend of religious beliefs, what religion are you?

Edited by nephili
  • Like 1

Well, when i do one of those  surveys on line, to tell me.  It comes out in largest part; buddhist/ jainist    and significant parts pagan and seventh day adventist,  with a number of  other minor notes.

Which actually rings true for me, when i think about it, because that reflects how i live.  I don't have a religion,  don't follow any theology as a faith or  belief base, don't go to church   etc.

However, have a personal connection to god and live in harmony with it, with self, and with nature.

I do chose much of the bible teachings to live by because of the relevance and resonance of christianity, as the institution of Australian society. It is hard to live like a buddhist by your self in a community of several thousand, all the rest of whom are christian (great majority)  or atheist.   

• Like 2

Hindu. (to keep it simple)

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 3

Trumpist. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, nephili said:

If you had to call it a specific religious belief or blend of religious beliefs, what religion are you?

and you ? 

I don't identify with any of the religions.

• Like 2

Humanist Pagan is as close as I can get.  

• Like 6

Jesusonian, the true religion of Jesus.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

I dont believe in any religion and I dont believe in any kind of a god. Because there is no reason for and there is not even a tiny hint that would allow to speculate about the existence of a god and its agenda.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I don't identify with any of the religions.

What beliefs do you have that separates you from the different belief systems? Is it a hybrid belief or no belief?

31 minutes ago, toast said:

I dont believe in any religion and I dont believe in any kind of a god. Because there is no reason for and there is not even a tiny hint that would allow to speculate about the existence of a god and its agenda.

Is that atheism? Or something different?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, nephili said:

Is that atheism?

You can name it atheism.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Podo said:

I like trains.

That's nice.

• Like 1

My basic definition is Christian, Protestant.  I grew up in Church of Christ and Baptist churches.  But I'm more heretic.  Some cross between Deist and Gnostic but not so much.  I believe that GOD is GOD and Jesus is divine.  I believe in Homoousion.  That’s not Polytheism.  Think of it as different shadows of GOD that we perceive.  (see below)

I’m open to the idea that Jesus has appeared in other forms in our past, but none but the last one took.  That Mary Magdalene is Jesus’ wife and they had children.  That Judas was Jesus’ Armor Bearer which means that he was not the traitor.  I don’t see homosexuality as sin as Jesus lifted that burden.  To be fruitful and multiply was one of the first commandments and that dealt with assuring propagation.  I think we’ve accomplished this task for now.  And many other thoughts but I don’t see how any of those diminish the authority of Christ.

Cube = Yahweh

Square = GOD (perceived)

Rectangle = Jesus

Hexagon = Holy Spirit

anim_cube.gif

Edited by RavenHawk
  • Like 3

I always proudly call myself a Bohemian New Ager. ;)  :D   Or, if I go to the gut core, a wacky spiritualist. :wacko:  :D 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Podo said:

I like trains.

I'm sorry, but I have to give this post the Roger and Ebert two thumbs up vote.  :tsu:

:D  :devil:  :D  

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Trumpist. 

I'm glad to see others share my view.. Trump Could Be Messiah or His Forerunner

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Ex-Chaote, meaning I can make any belief work. Now I'm an indifferent agnostic or apatheist. 

I like that.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I do chose much of the bible teachings to live by because of the relevance and resonance of christianity, as the institution of Australian society. It is hard to live like a buddhist by your self in a community of several thousand, all the rest of whom are christian (great majority)  or atheist.   

Except that Christianity    is   not    "  The institution of Australian society. "  

More loaded and incorrect info  about Australia,  slipped into a post,  to try and justify  some loaded agenda ... again  !    :rolleyes:

Walker talking about his little backward country area he lives in , as if it represents 'Australia' and its other areas where there are actually lots of Buddhists and multi-culturalism .

eg;

400px-Australian_Census_2011_demographic_map_-_Inner_Sydney_by_POA_-_BCP_field_2712_Buddhism_Persons.svg.png

People who are affiliated with Buddhism as a percentage of the total

population in Sydney divided geographically by postal area, as of the 2011 census

Nor are  the  'great majority' of  Australians Christians ;    

In the 2016 Census, 52.1% of Australians were listed as Christian. Australia has no official state religion and the Australian Constitution protects freedom of religion. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Australia

and Christianity is not the 'institution of Australian society' ( whatever that was supposed to mean !  )

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 5