Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Young Earth Creationism

whoa182

I think I can honestly say that Ashley is officially an idiot.

I watched PBS programs on the Shroud of Turin when I was 9. Anyone who actually still believes in that nonsense really is ignorant. I can't believe anyone would even bring that up. Do you *want* to make yourself look stupid, Ashley? I'm starting to think you enjoy it.

If you all want to get into an age of the earth debate, why not bring some evidence to the table? We're all open minded people. Why are you afraid? All we need is some non-biblical evidence supporting a young earth. grin2.gif I'm sorry, did you misplace it?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whoa182

• Hotoke

• Stellar

• Wings of Selkhet

and exactly how has it been demonstrated that the universe is many billions of years old

See, right here. It was presented that the Earth is older than 6000 years... and people come here asking how the universes age was dated, instead of backing up their belief that the Earth is 6000 years old.

all things grow and start young.....so this singled celled ameoba that "evolved" where the hell did that come from?

Where did god come from then?

The single celled organism could have been caused the same way organic matter was formed from inorganic matter in the U&M experiment. The details are in the other thread on how life started. We're not talking about abiogenesis in this thread, we're talking about the age of the Earth.

Secondly, people have believed the biblical account of creation for thousands of years and only recently has science stepped in to try and change that view.

THey believed in many different accounts, not just yours. They believed in different ones before your religion came and said "Anything not christian should be suppressed."

Now I have to bring proof to the table? No, I think you need to have the proof.

We have. We've convinced the scientific and the majority of the world with it. You have not debunked it yet and you never will. You simply come up with "Well, god made it look that way." which you have no proof of either.

The only reason why the theory exists that the earth is billions of years old is to support another theory called evolution. The theory needs time in order for it to work out, so the earth has to be billions of years old. What a way to work that out!

It has nothing to do with the theory of evolution. The dating speaks for its self, it doesnt use evolution to support it. Its completely independant.

I can go on and on with more and more evidence that the earth isn't all that old. I can also prove that any kind of dating is unreliable.

Then why arent you trying? Why dont you try to prove your claim (6000 years old) instead of trying to disprove my claim? Disproving my claim, even if you could, would not prove yours until you present evidence for it.

They've never dated something more than once and got the same answer every time.

Making up facts now, are we? If so, I should start making some of my own too. You know, god just told me the Earth is 4.5 billion years old!

rolleyes.gif

It's a proven ideal amongst scientists that when dating something, their prediction about how old is thrown into the equation and they average all their answers together to get one answer. Come on, how accurate is that!

They make the prediction, then see if the dating method supports the prediction. The dating doesnt depend on the prediction. Also, different methods of dating are used in conjunction to verify the results. Whats you're problem with this? It makes it more accurate. When you hear something on the internet, such as "Osama bin Laden has just been captured this morning!" do you automatically believe it or check for other sources to confirm it?

Can you prove there was no great flood? That dinosaurs were extinct for 65 million years? I can prove they weren't.

Again, I ask, why arent you. Also, we cant both prove our contradictory belief, so that means only one of us can prove it. So, what is your scientific evidence supporting your belief that the Earth is 6000 years old?

I can go on and on with more and more evidence that the earth isn't all that old. I can also prove that any kind of dating is unreliable.

Try me.

Can you prove there was no great flood? That dinosaurs were extinct for 65 million years? I can prove they weren't.

I'm waiting. grin2.gif

I'm sorry, did you misplace it?

That would imply that they had some to begin with!

My apologies.

I think they underestimate how open-minded we can be. If they would simply present some credible evidence, we'd be happy to scrutinize it. But no - it's always "even if I showed it to you you wouldn't believe me!" I'm almost offended.

If you could actually Disprove that the earth is 4.5 billion years old and prove it is 6000 with supporting evidence and not some scriptures by uneducated from 2000 years ago.

You would be extremely famous and possibly very rich and putting you're ideas out in conferences and other debates all over the world.

Now prove that its 6000 years old. You prove it. Not some guy from 2000 years ago

I posted this as part of another thread but it has to do with this too!!!

'Original' great ape discovered

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4014351.stm

Scientists have unearthed remains of a primate that could have been ancestral not only to humans but to all great apes, including chimps and gorillas.

The partial skeleton of this 13-million-year-old "missing link" was found by palaeontologists working at a dig site near Barcelona in Spain.

Edited by whoa182

Sorry Im just seperating my posts here because they are each not related directly to what im trying to explan.

Does Creationism believe that the Universe was created 6000 years ago and earth? I need a clear yes or no answere

If the answere is yes, I DEMAND an answere for this problem.

The suns light takes 8 minutes to reach us. Light travels at 186.000 Miles Per Second.

"I zwicky 18" 500 million years old

user posted image

now if you lived in that galaxy and had a powerful enough telescope to look at the milyway and see earth. you would be seeing how earth was 500 million years ago.

NOw stop this nonsense up with you're Creationism. You're theory is dead. its over. give up.

Edited by whoa182

fix you're post please lol

Just split up you're posts , i think that works ?

Edited by whoa182

Ahahah! hey someone mentioned a guy spent 4 days in the belly of a shark, verification pls! I am sure that it is not real or I would have heard of it. i am a Christian btw but creationism old or new doesn't hold water to me.

I've fixed the quotes in your post, just make sure that every open quote tag has a corresponding close quote tag. The quotes weren't showing up because in several places you had two opening quote tags for every closing quote tag.

Also if you find that you have exceeded the maximum 15 quote boxes in one post, just make another post underneath to continue it.

tonight on unexplained mysteries WHEN SCEPTICS ATTACK dun dun dun

we are tired of proving time for you to proof you exist

I havnt got a problem when people say a GOD may of created the universe. Because no1 can be CERTAIN what caused us to exist. reality, me being concious right now is weird. SO we should mabey look at weird answeres to why we are here

But I have got a problem when some person claims that the earth is 6000 years old despite Thousands upon thousands of papers of Extremely good evidence for it being much much older. Its just taking it to a whole new level of ignorance to believe its a few thousand years old.

Edited by whoa182

Still waiting.

Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider' (RHIC)

they use that to recreate the beginning of the universe and they come up with strange matter. they slammed 2 particles and all kinds of strange matter came up. just like the big bang........