Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP

elizabeth

me and my husband where reading about it so i got this great idea like i do sometimes i went and got my little tape recorder, the little one i use to record in my college classes ...and i put a new tape in it and started talking like i said what i was trying to do and ask if there was anyone there to speak loud enough and clear enough so i could understand on the tape there was a noise after my question it sounded kina like hello but i dunno then i kept listening and heard nothing else i mean no responses after any of my other questions then about 30 minutes later i listened again to the tape cause my husband said it did not sould like hello so i kept listening and after my second question it sounded like someone said whats up which was not there the first time i listened to it ...and i swear i was smoking nothing.....anyway i was wondering if anyone knew anything about evp or how to study it more ummm...professionally.....

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bogeyman

• elizabeth

• ROGER

• Boston_Kreme

See the post "everything you ever wanted to know about evp" lots of details and contacts there

i saw a weird thing on tv where they ask the ghost a question and then they take a picture and a ghost will appear on it with the answer if the question guess they can write on poloraid or what ever it is called and i dont think you can just use a regular tape recorder to do it

I never heard of that...but it is interesting.

I know that on the taps site, they explain several ways to get EVPs, and I think that they themselves use one of those recorders if I'm not mistaken...or at least, that's what it looks like. happy.gif

From what I read and heard on some of the web sights, you get the best quality EVP,s by running them through a computer audio program. The EVP,s are just below or on the fringe of human hearing, so some frequency editing needs to be done. Find some one in the music and recording industry with simular interests.

Other wise the quality and content are suspect.

Tape recorders are the worst way to go about it, especially if you use the built-in mic. They'll pick up the hum of the motor turning the tape, on top of that, the all-too-common tape hiss.

If you gotta use a tape recorder, use an external mic with the largest frequency range. That'll at least cut down on unwanted background noise. Otherwise, a digital recorder would be alot better.

Like ROGER said, a comp audio program would be another good way. There are portability issues, though (unless you got a handheld pc, oh yeah).

My 2 pennies

well i tried again tonight to catch something on a my tape recorder, i got nothing, i also tried like a bazillion times on my computer,i got nothing, starting to think maybe i didnt even hear anything significant the other night when i tried ....maybe it dont really work

• 2 weeks later...

I've done evp at least 5 times, each time but 1 i was successful. i have gotten voices saying "come here" than later "come closer" and a little girl saying "without me" and last time i went, i got a mocking laugh, a man screaming feriously, and someone saying "no"

I've done evp at least 5 times, each time but 1 i was successful. i have gotten voices saying "come here" than later "come closer" and a little girl saying "without me" and last time i went, i got a mocking laugh, a man screaming feriously, and someone saying "no"

462914[/snapback]

That sounds about right ...theres a computer programme especially for this now it's called EVP Maker.You use it by downloading say 20/30 minutes of a language you dont speak....(so no words can accidentaly get in your answer)

The spirits will then manipulate these sounds into words of your language to give your answer.......it's called stefan bions evp maker or something like that ....i'll get the proper name and post a link to it.I have been round and round on evp ....but it's a fact it's there and it works.....keep going in a more structured way and get some meaningful data from it.

Go on www.worlditc.org and help out with experiments there.

Edited by Bogeyman