Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gnosticism

GlitterRose

3 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Yep that's just you :) I do matter and my life can be objectively measured by the difference it has made   Hundreds of young people educated and  given hope for a good and happy future.  6 people saved from dying by my own hands  Hundreds (possibly thousands)  of people saved from death by the donation of money to feed them and give them safe water and sanitation 

What i see with many people, are people who dont give a damn, or at least not enough to do anything, and resent being told that the y really should,  both care and act. 

It's not gonna work, Walker you just want to quarrel, find someone else. 

If you see people who don't give a damn I think it is coming from you.

• Like 4

You know the funny part. Is that so many of you think I am the most miserable person on the freaking planet. 99% of the time I am content. I've got a lot on my plate and there are days when the weight is too much. I am human, not some self-glorifying fool. I do not make a point to mention my triumphs in every damn post. I'm not an optimist because if I was such a person I'd killed myself long ago. Nor am I really a pessimist, I see **** how it is. I know that without a doubt I have limited power in my life. I have a plan B, C, and D. If I have to go the rest of the alphabet so be it.

There are real problems and imaginary problems.

Things I can control and things I can not.

The only choices I have is in what I do and if I give a damn. 

Call that a divine revelation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Being important is overrated. 

I agree. But making a difference is not.

As humans we are measured by what we do, and how we interact with and influence others, by the contributions we make to family friends work and society.

However the only one in a position to judge us,  accurately, is ourself.  I've made huge differences to the lives of many That doesn't make me more or less important than another but it does have an objective influence on the world.

I am sure you have done a lot for many people Sherapy  and they might consider you to be important in their lives. But it doesn't mean you have to consider yourself important,  nor that i consider myself important   Significant is a better word and less value laden EVERY human being is significant in the lives of others. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You know the funny part. Is that so many of you think I am the most miserable person on the freaking planet. 99% of the time I am content. I've got a lot on my plate and there are days when the weight is too much. I am human, not some self-glorifying fool. I do not make a point to mention my triumphs in every damn post. I'm not an optimist because if I was such a person I'd killed myself long ago. Nor am I really a pessimist, I see **** how it is. I know that without a doubt I have limited power in my life. I have a plan B, C, and D. If I have to go the rest of the alphabet so be it.

There are real problems and imaginary problems.

Things I can control and things I can not.

The only choices I have is in what I do and if I give a damn. 

Call that a divine revelation.

The fact you are still live confirms your points here. 

However i would argue that you are heavily weighted to pessimism and that your view of realism is a pessimistic one. 

That is an outside perspective from a realist who is also an optimist because if I was not optimistic then I too might not be alive. 

I can only go by the words and tone you use and the actual beliefs you profess online Do you jump out of bed every morning thanking that you are still alive and wanting to get into everything you have on for the day? 

By dealing with my own dark night, I realized a lot about myself. Things I had denied, then had to face. Spending time with my demons I did this since 2012 till well earlier this year. It was the darkest time in my life but I learned a lot about the person I am. What I have to change and my strengths and weakness. I've yet to really see people say, "I am weak." Well guess what I am weak. There are days when I can barely make it through a day, but I do. I have no other choice. Existentialism taught me that I am free, that there is nothing I have to be. I do not have to reach outlandish goals or even conform to society if I've chosen to. I know that there is no inherent meaning in life, that all our efforts are ultimately pointless. All you and others see is negative, negative, negative, but you don't understand what I am saying. You just don't get it. Because there is no meaning, no point to it all, you create the meaning you make a point. You can follow the path created by others or forge your own. Ultimately it's on you and only you. Whatever choices you make you are the one who are responsible for the results and must bear the consequence of your actions. This is one of the things that frustrate me with some of you. There are those here who are arrogant to the core and I honestly dislike them fully. I can think of one right off the top of my head. Won't say but this person is a hypocrite, two faced would be a good word. Worse than me but is all rainbow and sunshine. 

You Walker, well you amuse me at times with your fantasy tales and long winded stories, tall tales. I wish you just get to the point in a post without monologuing..

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

The fact you are still live confirms your points here. 

However i would argue that you are heavily weighted to pessimism and that your view of realism is a pessimistic one. 

That is an outside perspective from a realist who is also an optimist because if I was not optimistic then I too might not be alive. 

I can only go by the words and tone you use and the actual beliefs you profess online Do you jump out of bed every morning thanking that you are still alive and wanting to get into everything you have on for the day? 

Quit trying Walker. I mean really. You a realist, with that fantasy world you live it. Right.:rolleyes:

Consider this the last time I freely communicate with you. Farewell and good luck.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, sees said:

Just because we die doesn't make life meaningless.   Parties end so why bother putting on a party then?  Ridiculous thinking! 

Was going to make this point but you made it much more succinctly.  Just because we all die why does this mean it is not important how we live our life and treat other people Why does it mean our lives are not significant or important  If a human life is not important why not just execute every baby when it is born (whoops we are already doing this to many,  only not waiting until they are born) 

8 hours ago, Will Due said:

Friend, living in this world is hell. We are already "down here."

For me living in this world is heaven because perception is all in the mind and my mind is in a heavenly state. (you can take this both humorously and seriously)  Earth (and our life on it) just is, as it is.  Whether we perceive it to be a heaven or a hell is entirely down to us.    

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

But don't worry folks you won't really live that long.

The average westerner will live  2,522,880,000 seconds. In a second a human can perceive and process 400 billion bits of information  and be consciously aware of 2000 bits  Thus we actually have extremely long lives and lots of time to achieve a great deal :) What Each Human Sense Processes?
eyes - 10,000,000 bits per second 
skin - 1,000,000 bits per second
ears - 100,000 bits per second
smell - 100,000 bits per second
taste - 1,000 bits per second 

.basicknowledge101.com/subjects/brain.html

5 hours ago, Be.cause said:

Together, we are going to craft better worlds now. But first, let us destroy this present world.

It should be rather a process of transformation, but of course one cannot create a better world while the old one continues to exist ,so the transformation to new always destroys the old 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

There it is. The very same crap I get from other people. I've been waiting for it Walker. Took you long enough. You have fun worrying about me. I still don't care.

Damn right. Being self-important is equally overrated. 

Ask yourself why others all react to you in this way. I can only "judge' you from your posts.. In person you might be a much happier and balanced person. i could understand if this was a place you came to vent and let off steam.

It is your responsibility how you feel, and mine how i feel. 

12 hours ago, Will Due said:

Isn't it interesting that there is this overarching phenomenon in most people's philosophy of religion, this Jesusonian archetype?

Cart before horse

Of course,  it seems interesting,  if one does not know of that archetype that existed all over the place before  1  AD

I wonder why this is so. It must be because he is the most extraordinary human being to have ever walked the earth.

No, I would say its because you have a narrow education in religion.

Nah, they did away with him long ago. Some even said, when he preached his religion of peace and brotherhood, that it was a religion for weaklings and that it couldn't be taken seriously.

Yet there it is, in all its glory as an "archetype" at least, encouraging us to our highest potential. The highest potential to exist.

The  story of  Jesus archetype  ( more correctly its the 'Christ' archetype, anyway )  is typical of all the other 'Dying God '  formulas ...... it goes back to the beginning of agriculture .

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Ask yourself why others all react to you in this way. I can only "judge' you from your posts.. In person you might be a much happier and balanced person. i could understand if this was a place you came to vent and let off steam.

He gets along fine on here, don't try and spin this that X is not well respected and liked.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Dark night of the soul everyone. That's what you end up with.

Nah ... that is merely a stage   ... or should be .    Now consider : why do some seem trapped in that stage ? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

I agree. But making a difference is not.

As humans we are measured by what we do, and how we interact with and influence others, by the contributions we make to family friends work and society.

However the only one in a position to judge us,  accurately, is ourself.  I've made huge differences to the lives of many That doesn't make me more or less important than another but it does have an objective influence on the world.

I am sure you have done a lot for many people Sherapy  and they might consider you to be important in their lives. But it doesn't mean you have to consider yourself important,  nor that i consider myself important   Significant is a better word and less value laden EVERY human being is significant in the lives of others. 

I don't do overinflated ego, to busy experiencing life to keep a tally card of my significance or importance. . I love and I am loved this works for me, this is my focus the rest who cares. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, back to earth said:

Nah ... that is merely a stage   ... or should be .    Now consider : why do some seem trapped in that stage ? 

Because they can't let go or move on. You either go back to old ways of thinking or you move forward with greater self knowledge.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

I don't do overinflated ego, to busy experiencing life to keep a tally card of my significance or importance. . I love and I am loved this works for me, this is my focus the rest who cares. 

Some people say what I say better than I say it.:lol:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Will Due said:

This is how I think of it. There is really only one thing that exists in the universe. God.

However God is many things and they're all perfect in eternity. But not in time.

God has determined that being perfect is too easy. POOF, and all is created perfect. It's pretty dull and boring.

He grew tired of all his perfect creatures, all his "yes-men", so he decided to create "no-men" for the purpose of I don't know what exactly, but I appreciate my free will circumstance to be a partner with God in creating myself in his image, and to have the freedom to choose it for myself. 

And here's where it becomes interesting, and anything but dull.

If there really is only one thing in the universe (God's will) then because he has granted us the free will place to say no, by saying yes and seeking out "the doing of his will" voluntarily, our will becomes his will in a singular and unique way perfectly, as it is validated through time and later into eternity.

That way, dull perfection is displaced with something new, something that's the opposite of pure hell.

I guess this makes sense at one point, if this did happen. But, I still don't see it, but that's me. Though, no biggie, right? :blush: 

6 hours ago, Be.cause said:
13 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

As I have pointed out, I see my belief in Gnosis, and it looks like it plays a part in my belief. But, I wouldn't describe self-realization as burning. I don't think self-realization should burn. I would think, that would have a negative effect. 

Together, we are going to craft better worlds now. But first, let us destroy this present world.

I don't know, if it's the way I'm interpreting it, but I don't agree. destroy this present world? Even if this is meant as a metaphor, I don't think it's right. 

5 hours ago, Sherapy said:
5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

No I think I'm done. 

It is inner strength at this point, you have got to hold it together, not check out. You are needed, truly to be there --just what you are doing is what helps. 

Trust yourself, you can count on yourself. You can. 

Come on Umers X needs us...

keep the love coming...

Xeno, you mama's here. :wub: 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

This is interesting to read, considering the 3 responses to you before you made this post .      :rolleyes:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

By dealing with my own dark night, I realized a lot about myself. Things I had denied, then had to face. Spending time with my demons I did this since 2012 till well earlier this year. It was the darkest time in my life but I learned a lot about the person I am. What I have to change and my strengths and weakness. I've yet to really see people say, "I am weak." Well guess what I am weak. There are days when I can barely make it through a day, but I do. I have no other choice. Existentialism taught me that I am free, that there is nothing I have to be. I do not have to reach outlandish goals or even conform to society if I've chosen to. I know that there is no inherent meaning in life, that all our efforts are ultimately pointless. All you and others see is negative, negative, negative, but you don't understand what I am saying. You just don't get it. Because there is no meaning, no point to it all, you create the meaning you make a point. You can follow the path created by others or forge your own. Ultimately it's on you and only you. Whatever choices you make you are the one who are responsible for the results and must bear the consequence of your actions. This is one of the things that frustrate me with some of you. There are those here who are arrogant to the core and I honestly dislike them fully. I can think of one right off the top of my head. Won't say but this person is a hypocrite, two faced would be a good word. Worse than me but is all rainbow and sunshine. 

You Walker, well you amuse me at times with your fantasy tales and long winded stories, tall tales. I wish you just get to the point in a post without monologuing..

You know, there are times, what you think, is what I think. I think I actually had that moment today. And for some reason, it actually not only puts it in better perspective, it actually helped later on in the day. So, if anything, your points helps me too. Xeno. :yes: 

I wish to comfort you and hold you in my thoughts. 

(I hope you don't mind, I'm giving you a virtual hug. Ya feel it? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sherapy said:

He gets along fine on here, don't try and spin this that X is not well respected and liked.

Sherapy. xeno just posted that many others are concerned by his   air of despair and hopelessness ( he keeps writing that nothing matters, we all die and that is it so our lives are ultimately meaningless and pointless)

I didn't say he didn't get on with people, or that people, would not like him.

Heck I find him likeable, just incredibly depressed (or maybe nihilistic.)  

That concerns me.

He may well be more balanced in his outlook in real life. Most of us only display a part of our self on a forum like this.  It might also be that, currently, he is understandably down, given his wife's illness and the natural anxiety and stress that would cause.

But it was xeno who just complained that i am just one of many who comment on his negativity.   I am not spinning anything. 

Dont try and spin it, that  i ever implied, or thought, he was not respected and liked.  I care enough about him to hope he gets through the next couple of years, which, whatever happens, will be particularly tough ones  

Personally i think he would do better with more  faith, (not in god but in himself and in life) hope and optimism, and a stronger sense of self worth,  all of  which give a person greater resilience. but xeno is as he is, and will do what he has to  do.   He is clearly strong and tough, and i sincerely hope this will be enough to see him through  

Edited by Mr Walker

4 hours ago, back to earth said:

This is interesting to read, considering the 3 responses to you before you made this post .      :rolleyes:

Oh i know very well, and clearly, why different people respond to me, and my views in the ways they do They challenge the world views, strongly held beliefs, and  values of others.  

I can see why people respond to xeno as they do. My point is that people respond to a perception about others.

I know why people hold certain perceptions about me.

. I guess xeno knows why there is a common perception that he is  a nihilist and existentialist who finds no hope, no purpose, and no reason in life.  

My question was,  is this a fair and accurate perception, or does he feel it to be unfair, or a bit extreme?  

4 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Clearly you didnt hear a word i said. Ego has nothing to do with it  We do what we have to do to produce the results we want to get from life,   not to feel good or proud or enhance our ego.  but there is nothing wrong in taking pride in hard won accomplishments or in helping people or making a difference  

i suspect you feel good when people tell you that you have been a good and successful mother. That's not pride or ego, but a justified  sense of accomplishment.

We all need to keep somewhat of a tally card, or we might find at the end of our lives that we have accomplished nothing   The tally card just ticks off the goals we set in starting out.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I hope you don't mind, I'm giving you a virtual hug. Ya feel it?

Mama Bear, You are a beautiful person inside and out.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, XenoFish said:
9 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I hope you don't mind, I'm giving you a virtual hug. Ya feel it?

Mama Bear, You are a beautiful person inside and out.

So are you, my son. :)  So, are you! :yes: 

I can always sense a thoughtfulness toward others in your posts. A mama knows this! :yes:  

• Like 2