Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man straps two lamp-posts to his car roof

Still Waters

Police in the Netherlands have arrested a man with two lamp-posts strapped to the top of his car.

Lelystad officers are unsure where the lamp-posts came from but they are assumed to have been stolen.

And they were just one of his many violations - but definitely the most remarkable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40814042/man-arrested-after-being-caught-with-two-stolen-lamp-posts-on-the-roof-of-his-car

• Like 7

Give this man a medal. It surely made my day better. Reminds me of two idiots stealing Inox fence from tram stop in centre of my country's capital :D Daytime.

Here is video if you like to see : 

So many people have become destructive for the communities and what's worse, no one even pays attention and... Someone actually taped it instead of calling police and stopping them. I can't say that i am disappointed in people because with such information exchange we have today they just make it to headlines easier and it was similar always in history. If Tito was alive no one would even thing about stealing this, one positive part of dictatorship.

• Like 2

Metal thieves like locusts ... should be hung upside down and whipped like the piniata ...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Russian Hare said:

Metal thieves like locusts ... should be hung upside down and whipped like the piniata ...

I agree.  Someone broke into my parent's house, after they moved in with my daughter, and cut all the copper piping out of the house.  When my daughter had the house cleaned out before it was put on the market is when they found out.  Of course no one saw anything.

11 hours ago, The Russian Hare said:

A few have tried to steal live high voltage wire. That comes with it's own punishment. 

I was just in New York and noticed how much crap was all over the streets. Found out one reason was that scrappers were stealing the metal trash cans for the mere $2.00 that they bring at the scrap yard. 

Edited by Sundew
additional thought

A few years back I put a fairly new twin size sleeper sofa out to the road for free. I live in a pretty rural area. When I woke up the next morning I noticed the cushions were scattered on my lawn so I went out to have a look. 
Scrappers had come in the middle of the night and disassembled the metal spring framework from the wooden frame, took all the metal and left the rest in my yard. Man was I ticked off. 

1 hour ago, BiffSplitkins said:

A few years back I put a fairly new twin size sleeper sofa out to the road for free. I live in a pretty rural area. When I woke up the next morning I noticed the cushions were scattered on my lawn so I went out to have a look. 
Scrappers had come in the middle of the night and disassembled the metal spring framework from the wooden frame, took all the metal and left the rest in my yard. Man was I ticked off. 

Crap for all that effort youd think folks would just get a job

• Like 1

Our local Tesco's had to put security tags on the handbaskets because Gypsys were stealing them for scrap!

You'd think it was hardly worthwhile.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eugeneonegin said:

Our local Tesco's had to put security tags on the handbaskets because Gypsys were stealing them for scrap!

You'd think it was hardly worthwhile.

Why would you steal them from Tesco's when Aldi's sells grocery carts for only 25¢? :P

• Like 1