Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Poltergeist' returns castle's lost valuables

UM-Bot

Much that this fascinates me, and I do tend to think this could possibly happen, there could be other ways this happened. The candle sticks could have been misplaced by a house keeper years ago, and a different one just happened to find them and placed them where they thought they belonged. 

I doubt there are pets, but I had a cat that use to grab things, not so big things, and stash them in his little cache underneath the basement steps. 

But, like I said earlier, I have found that some things that go missing, tend to turn up just like that, and it baffles my mind. 

Or it could just be someone playing tricks. Or someone did steal them and felt guilty enough to take them back. Oh wait... No. That's too obvious. It has to be the craziest option.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Wow, those are some expensive candlesticks. I imagine it must have been a relief to see them again... and a frustration to have to go through the process of reimbursing the insurance company.

• Like 5

So how would the return go.  Eh... the candlestick holders appeared out of nowhere.  Must have been the ghosts playing tricks.  Here's your money back.

• Like 2

Andrew Lloyd Webber combo: Les Miserables + Phantom. 

We all know there are more poltergeist in this world than thieves. So what's not to believe about this story?

• Like 2

How posh is his name Sir Thomas Ingilby,as for the candle sticks bloody pikeys couldn't shift them so they took them back ...... I'm a little sceptic

• Like 1

Obvious use of ockhams razor philosophy.....must have been a ghost.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Boozemonkey said:

Obvious use of ockhams razor philosophy.....must have been a ghost.

It didn't say it's a ghost. It said it's a poltergeist.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

Two priceless candlesticks that went missing years ago have suddenly turned up again in plain sight.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/310322/poltergeist-returns-castles-lost-valuables

It's not unusual for objects to appear out of nowhere in poltergeist hauntings. These are known as apports.

• Like 2

My apologies, I take it back, that makes a lot more sense.

• Like 1

I had the same thing happen with a Zippo lighter. It disappeared off of the fire place mantle one night. I tore the whole house apart looking for it. Then, about two weeks later it reappeared in the same place. I was living by myself at the time.

• Like 3

Our old house stuff was forever dissappearing and turning up a couple of days later the house was haunted by a couple of children my wife caught a glimpse of a little boy and I saw an apple jump out of the fruit bowl and gently float across the kitchen all very odd 

On 8/5/2017 at 0:47 PM, Wreck7 said:

I had the same thing happen with a Zippo lighter. It disappeared off of the fire place mantle one night. I tore the whole house apart looking for it. Then, about two weeks later it reappeared in the same place. I was living by myself at the time.

I still can't find my laptop. I'll make sure I let people know if it materializes out of thin air, but I'm not holding my breath. 

• Like 1