Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sumerians, Mayans, Were The Egyptian Empire!

Dan Raleigh

Just now, Captain Risky said:

LOL... did I not provide the links that you used to lecture me on.

You are incompetent. I use the simple in the link you provided. I followed it because that is what you posted and were amazingly unable to follow the clear and concise steps they posted.

You really can't be so dense that you missed that. Seriously. You really can't be that dense, right?

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

You're spinning your wheels, my friend. Risky is an intelligent individual but he falls into familiar patterns. As you can see, he's questioning your source not because he really cares about it or understands it but merely so he can "buck authority." 

I don't know if it's some glitch on my end but I'm seeing Risky's avatar photo for you ("Kick it rip it"). If it's a glitch, it will probably resolve. But if it's deliberate you should probably find another. Posters get into trouble for taking other posters' avatar photos.

It was actually my attempt to troll the troll. I apologize. I will restore my old avatar momentarily.

I can use my computer(and brain) to confirm or dismiss any facts posted, here. I can even find out when I've displayed lack of knowledge and retire from the discussion and just listen. Starting adversarial arguments on a topic one knows little of and citing non verifiable facts quite simply  makes one a laugh stock, open to derision and contempt. Shoving one's boot deeper into the pile one has stepped into serves little purpose and only exacerbates an already unpleasant situation one has blundered into.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lord Harry said:

It was actually my attempt to troll the troll. I apologize. I will restore my old avatar momentarily.

Use a big grinning photo of cladking with a geyser farting in the background.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Hey I got a compliment and an insult. Bucking authority? 

By "authority" I mean the article from the link, certainly not me. I didn't word that well. I'm familiar with the link from Harry's post and find it interesting. The sample set was small for genetic analysis, so I hope more can be done.

• Like 1

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

I'm not sure where you're going with your link. It was already posted in its own thread, I think in the Archaeology forum, and a number of us found it interesting. What exactly are you trying to claim by brining it up?

No offence sesh, but it considered good forum etiquette to at lest red all the posts on the page before asking for clarification. Now since you've introduced 'bucking authority' I guess I don't wanna give you any unnecessary ammunition even though I strongly suspect you'll playing interference for young Harry. 

Harry claims that the ancient Egyptians are from the same stock as their northern neighbours. His link is dodgy and unacceptable. Just pointed that out and asked for clarification which he is avoiding. FYI his link is about Egyptian royalty. Anyway I could be here all helping you out but I must insist you keep up to date.

5 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

That's much better. It's not a farting geyser but I like it.

10 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You're a troll Lord Harry. 

I am an Egyptologist who contributes input of a scholarly nature to these forums.  Though I will admit, that just occasionally, I do enjoy trolling cranks.

7 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You are incompetent. I use the simple in the link you provided. I followed it because that is what you posted and were amazingly unable to follow the clear and concise steps they posted.

You really can't be so dense that you missed that. Seriously. You really can't be that dense, right?

Incompetents are ignored so we're your logic? 

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

That's much better. It's not a farting geyser but I like it.

I was initially considering copying Cladking's camel avatar for a joke, but his was custom made and I am not at all computer saavy.

10 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

I am an Egyptologist who contributes input of a scholarly nature to these forums.  Though I will admit, that just occasionally, I do enjoy trolling cranks.

*Snip*

Edited by kmt_sesh
Clean it up and exercise maturity.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

Incompetents are ignored so we're your logic? 

You statement is quite unclear. Please clarify your intent.

All I did was point out that your math was bad and you had a hissy fit and decided in your own arrogant incompetence to stick withe obviously incorrect work.

If you can't do 3rd to 4th grade material and are adamant that you'd prefer to be a blundering nincompoop, then how can anyone take you seriously when you post a dumb lie such as suggesting you actually try to back up your arguments.

You have the option of being a laughingstock or learning. I can't change anyone, but I certainly can learn from others and pass on learning too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

No offence sesh, but it considered good forum etiquette to at lest red all the posts on the page before asking for clarification. Now since you've introduced 'bucking authority' I guess I don't wanna give you any unnecessary ammunition even though I strongly suspect you'll playing interference for young Harry. 

I tried to read every post in every thread in which I take part. I read your post with the Greek study earlier today but was at work and didn't have time to do much posting, so I left it till now. Honestly, what you were trying to express needed clarification. And as I said in my previous post, "bucking authority" refers to the paper in question and has nothing to do with me or my position as a Mod.

Harry claims that the ancient Egyptians are from the same stock as their northern neighbours. His link is dodgy and unacceptable. Just pointed that out and asked for clarification which he is avoiding. FYI his link is about Egyptian royalty. Anyway I could be here all helping you out but I must insist you keep up to date.

I don't think you know enough about genetic studies in Egypt to judge the veracity of the paper. You're just dismissing it because it's academic. As I said earlier, I think the sample set is too small to address all of Egyptian history and the entire demographic, but it will of course be accurate for the samples taken. That certain kings like Seti I and Ramesses II had strong admixtures of Levantine and Anatolian genetics is hardly surprising and has long been suspected. One wonders, however, what the genes of much earlier kings like Sneferu and Khasekhemwy would tell us? As well as samples from populations much farther south, toward the Sudanese border.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

If you notice on the previous page, I provided clarification.  I quoted you directly, so it must have appeared in your message box.  You are clearly being disingenuous here.  Egyptologists can only form hypotheses based upon the information that is currently available.  All available information suggests the ancient Egyptians, (at the very least the royalty, but probably the lower classes as well) were genetically related to peoples from Anatolia, the Levant, and southeastern Europe.  This is not mere conjecture, this is scientific evidence based upon genetic testing.

• Like 2

Everyone needs to cool off. Stop ridiculing one another and stay on-topic. I've removed a couple of posts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I tried to read every post in every thread in which I take part. I read your post with the Greek study earlier today but was at work and didn't have time to do much posting, so I left it till now. Honestly, what you were trying to express needed clarification. And as I said in my previous post, "bucking authority" refers to the paper in question and has nothing to do with me or my position as a Mod.

I don't think you know enough about genetic studies in Egypt to judge the veracity of the paper. You're just dismissing it because it's academic. As I said earlier, I think the sample set is too small to address all of Egyptian history and the entire demographic, but it will of course be accurate for the samples taken. That certain kings like Seti I and Ramesses II had strong admixtures of Levantine and Anatolian genetics is hardly surprising and has long been suspected. One wonders, however, what the genes of much earlier kings like Sneferu and Khasekhemwy would tell us? As well as samples from populations much farther south, toward the Sudanese border.

One of my dreams as someone who is on track to becoming an Egyptologist, is to discover the royal mummies of some of the Old Kingdom pharaohs.  I know this is a long shot, most of them have long since been lost, but hey, a man can dream right?

1 minute ago, Lord Harry said:

One of my dreams as someone who is on track to becoming an Egyptologist, is to discover the royal mummies of some of the Old Kingdom pharaohs.  I know this is a long shot, most of them have long since been lost, but hey, a man can dream right?

The Egyptologists I happen to know exercise a healthy mixture of practicality and dreaming. They're humans, after all.

As for those Old Kingdom mummies, I can't say where they all went to but I'll check my closets.

• Like 2

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

The Egyptologists I happen to know exercise a healthy mixture of practicality and dreaming. They're humans, after all.

As for those Old Kingdom mummies, I can't say where they all went to but I'll check my closets.

Well, your avatar is the mummy of Seti I.  That's about a thousand years too late.  LOL!

Just now, Lord Harry said:

Well, your avatar is the mummy of Seti I.  That's about a thousand years too late.  LOL!

Actually he's the mummy of a Late Period man named Harwa, who stands in our gallery at the Field Museum. But it's funny how Ramesside he looks. Harwa lived around 600 years after Seti and Ramesses but is their spitting image. I like to joke with people that with all of those kids Ramesses had, Harwa must be a descendent.

• Like 2

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

Actually he's the mummy of a Late Period man named Harwa, who stands in our gallery at the Field Museum. But it's funny how Ramesside he looks. Harwa lived around 600 years after Seti and Ramesses but is their spitting image. I like to joke with people that with all of those kids Ramesses had, Harwa must be a descendent.

Wow, that's pretty neat!  Yeah, he has a very Rameseide look to him.  I would have bet money that he was Seti I.  Ramses II did have over 100 children, so it wouldn't have been impossible for Harwa to have been a descendant of the Rameseide royal line.

25 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You statement is quite unclear. Please clarify your intent.

All I did was point out that your math was bad and you had a hissy fit and decided in your own arrogant incompetence to stick withe obviously incorrect work.

If you can't do 3rd to 4th grade material and are adamant that you'd prefer to be a blundering nincompoop, then how can anyone take you seriously when you post a dumb lie such as suggesting you actually try to back up your arguments.

You have the option of being a laughingstock or learning. I can't change anyone, but I certainly can learn from others and pass on learning too.

By definition it's impossible for the incompete to clarify anything. 

26 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Well what exactly are you saying? That I don't understand genetics when all I pointed out was that LH provided an irrelevant link to prop up a stupid theory. I'm prepared to accept his theory if only he backs it up with something more than wishful thinking.

3 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

That's a simplistic way of looking at it but where ever there is ambiguity or conflict I point it out.

Unless its your own ambiguity or conflict .   :) 

20 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Let's hope it's just dreaming. Just saying...

• The topic was locked