Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted House to haunt auction block again

rashore

w620-7dae22530a5cd4e735d1af694883d15f.jp

For the second time in two years, the historic restaurant and property known primarily as The Haunted House will go up for auction at Dakil Auctioneers.

Patrick Boylan purchased the restaurant lock, stock and barrel at an auction in March of 2015 and reopened under the new name J. Bruner's at The Haunted House on July 4 the same year. Boylan invested more than $500,000 in improvements, Dakil owner Louis Dakil said, in and around the property at 7171 Miramar Dr.

Regardless, Boylan and his staff were unable to find the consistent foot traffic needed to keep the place operating. He closed Jan. 2.

The converted Carriker mansion operated as The Haunted House from 1964 to 2015 until co-founder Marian Thibault passed away, which triggered the first auction. Boylan's winning bid in 2015 was $196,000.

http://newsok.com/article/5557618

Some background information about the place...

The restaurant was born of tragedy. In 1963, the property belonged to Martin Carriker, a 74-year-old retired automobile dealer. On June 1 of that year, Carriker was found lying dead in the high brush near his home, a bullet from a .22 rifle fired through the base of his skull.

But that was only the first death on the Carriker estate that year.

http://newsok.com/article/5532264

• Like 4

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

If I had the money I'd buy it. Convert it back into a home and move in. Looks nice to me.

Exactly what I was thinking.   Gorgeous place.  

• Like 5

Me too.. ghosts or not rep... I'd be one of those haunted house owners that would put up a serious get the heck off my lawn action.. It's a lovely property I would want to enjoy for myself.

And then enjoy the heck out of that professional kitchen that just got installed. And lol, yep talk to the ghosts, and put out favors for the wee folk, plant rosemary and holly, and try not to swear in the garden either.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nonentity said:

Where on earth is it?

The links are from Oklahoma. It is a beautiful place. I wouldn't mind living there at all.

• Like 2

hey Guys

there are no ghosts , everything requires food and water to survive .. these ( Ghost stuff ) are just fantasies created by human mind

On 8/6/2017 at 5:21 PM, susieice said:

The links are from Oklahoma. It is a beautiful place. I wouldn't mind living there at all.

I would live in that home tomorrow if I could

• Like 2

I might want a roomie for when I get scared lol 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

I might want a roomie for when I get scared lol 

Xeno and you can be roomies, I can sleep on the couch and cook for you guys.  

• Like 4

don't watch horror movies when camping alone and you know the lock on the door doesn't work. Bears are crafty 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Xeno and you can be roomies, I can sleep on the couch and cook for you guys.  

Ok you win, when can I move in lol  oh wait I have to buy that house errrrrr  I do have an old rv though and yes I hear noises outside but thats normal. One would think bears could be quite, there not.  I really really do want to see a ghost one day.

• Like 1

I have about $5.92, do you think that's enough to buy it?    LOL

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

don't watch horror movies when camping alone and you know the lock on the door doesn't work. Bears are crafty 

I'd be waaay more scared of bears than anything on a movie screen.....

• Like 1

crap we are a bit short, but a second mortgage hmmm Oh wait I live in Canada, maybe I could sneak across the border though.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tcgram said:

I'd be waaay more scared of bears than anything on a movie screen.....

Plant the seed and it will grow. Cabin in the woods does not help lol  don't watch a horror movie before bed lol 

• Like 2

I got a $1000 in cash right now, but that's going into finishing my cabin. So I think we'll have to pass on the haunted house.:hmm:

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

Let's call it a murder house and drive the price down. 

• Like 2