Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hypothetical Discussion: Telekinesis

XenoFish

On 8/6/2017 at 5:22 PM, XenoFish said:

Of all the "psychic" abilities out there this is one that fascinates me the most. And NO! this isn't a troll thread or intended to troll. I'd like to discuss how Telekinesis/Psychokinesis would work if it was legit. 

The power to do telekinesis does not come from the physical body, but is rather projected from the mind which has direct connection to the real you or your inner spirit.

To reach a point to be able to perform it one must do extensive  meditation and mental exercises. And it could take a year or years, and then there is no guarantee you can do it.

Bench pressing 500 pounds takes lots of physical training and there may be many bumps along the way as in injuries to the shoulders and with years of training there is no guarantee as well.

But training is the only sure start.

In case you are curios...yes, I have been there and done that. No I am no talking about benching 500 pounds either.

Telekinesis.

The year was 1981.

1 hour ago, back to earth said:

oh, I see Papa George has gone off again .    :wacko:

Astral vacation.

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Personally, I think The Lollipop Guild is behind it all. There's no haters, here. There isn't a single person in this thread who wouldn't just love  telekinesis to be real. What we all do hate is fraudulent claims and lies.

Yes we do hate fraudulent claims. 

No one can hate them more than I.

I have and never will make any fraudulent claim.

That is NOT who I am or ever will be.

3 hours ago, SOUL-DRIFTER said:

The power to do telekinesis does not come from the physical body, but is rather projected from the mind which has direct connection to the real you or your inner spirit.

I'm sorry but the human brain does not generate enough electrical or magnetic force to affect external objects remotely. The earths magnetic field can only influence a compass. Plus the biochemical energy required and heat generated would literally kill someone. 

Edited by XenoFish

Great. Anyone who says they can levitate objects can perform and display such a feat with a web cam recording--and here's a simple test. Put a small down feather under a clear glass or bowl on an empty table and raise it one inch off the tabletop. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I'm sorry but the human brain does not generate enough electrical or magnetic force to affect external objects remotely. The earths magnetic field can only influence a compass. Plus the biochemical energy required and heat generated would literally kill someone. 

What are you sorry about?

Not talking about any energy that would originate in our 3 dimensional world. I also said it does not originate from our physical bodies...that would include our brains.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Great. Anyone who says they can levitate objects can perform and display such a feat with a web cam recording--and here's a simple test. Put a small down feather under a clear glass or bowl on an empty table and raise it one inch off the tabletop. 

Absolutely.

I however was able to move small objects such as eyeglasses across a tabletop many decades ago. To levitate an object would require more energy.

• Like 1

Just now, SOUL-DRIFTER said:

Absolutely.

I however was able to move small objects such as eyeglasses across a tabletop many decades ago. To levitate an object would require more energy.

I don't believe you. No one has to believe you or any other fantastical claims by others without evidence. I would sincerely like to believe you, but seeing is believing and you can show me nothing. I've encountered too many good-natured, seemingly honest but quite delusional people in my life to accept fantastic claims without equally fantastic but verifiable evidence.:(

• Like 4

*snip*                                                                                                                             

Edited by Hammerclaw

4 hours ago, SOUL-DRIFTER said:

What are you sorry about?

Not talking about any energy that would originate in our 3 dimensional world. I also said it does not originate from our physical bodies...that would include our brains.

Then you're claiming woo energy. If it doesn't originate for our bodies we are not the cause of the effect. 

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:34 AM, Opus Magnus said:

No, sorry, that's not telekinesis.  It's attatched to the nervous system, so there's no tele, or distance.

Telekinesis means to move things with your mind, the arm can be operated wirelessly.

On 8/12/2017 at 0:13 PM, SOUL-DRIFTER said:

Absolutely.

So.. why do you think your 'power' stopped?

And surely if it *is* possible and real, some people would be better at it than others.. and yet all we see is silly 'demonstrations' involving easily faked and virtually negligible energy expenditure - why can't anyone do it under properly controlled conditions?

You said you hate fakery but accept it exists... so why should we, not knowing you, just accept your claim?

• Like 1

On 8/13/2017 at 5:52 AM, Rlyeh said:

Telekinesis means to move things with your mind, the arm can be operated wirelessly.

So, then everything wireless is telekinetic.  The last I knew, there was some kind of chip implanted in his brain that pick up his brain signals, so if there's a chip there it gets rid of the tele with the mind, because there's no real distance between the two.  Unless the machine is picking up his brainwaves from outside his body.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:21 PM, Hammerclaw said:

I don't believe you. No one has to believe you or any other fantastical claims by others without evidence. I would sincerely like to believe you, but seeing is believing and you can show me nothing. I've encountered too many good-natured, seemingly honest but quite delusional people in my life to accept fantastic claims without equally fantastic but verifiable evidence.:(

This I perfectly understand.

What I did was in 1981 and I have since stopped the needed exercises and meditation to do that and stop the practices.

The thing that led up to it was that I had read many books about it and it bugged me. I though if one could honestly do telekinesis then anyone should with proper training and mental discipline exercises. 

I was especially impressed with Nina Kulagina.

My later experience was the culmination of mental exercises and training.

I was only  performed it a number of times one evening...and I was alone.

So no, I certainly do not expect anyone to believe me, but I just thought I would put my 2 cents worth in based on my personal experiences.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:38 AM, XenoFish said:

Then you're claiming woo energy. If it doesn't originate for our bodies we are not the cause of the effect. 

No think of it as a life-force energy that is conjured from a higher dimension.

We are more than flesh and blood beings. There is our souls or inner essence that is nonphysical.

If not, than telekinesis should be impossible. And it is not impossible.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:52 AM, Rlyeh said:

So what is the nervous system if not biological wires?

It hasn't been proven to exist. So no. I do not agree with you. I also do not agree with it being from a "higher dimension" thought alone does not affect external objects.

19 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

So.. why do you think your 'power' stopped?

And surely if it *is* possible and real, some people would be better at it than others.. and yet all we see is silly 'demonstrations' involving easily faked and virtually negligible energy expenditure - why can't anyone do it under properly controlled conditions?

You said you hate fakery but accept it exists... so why should we, not knowing you, just accept your claim?

It stopped because I stopped the exercises.

My goal at that time was to PROVE TO MYSELF that it was all BS or there was truth to it.

When I got my answer that it was real, my interest to pursue it died. The required exercises was taking up half my day.

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It hasn't been proven to exist. So no. I do not agree with you. I also do not agree with it being from a "higher dimension" thought alone does not affect external objects.

You have your stance I have my BASED on experience.

Just as I can not prove to you that what I have experienced is the absolute truth you can not prove otherwise either.

Why not let it rest there?

Because telling people that telekinesis is real is just lying. Without proof, repeatable proof all claims are nothing. 

50 minutes ago, SOUL-DRIFTER said:

No think of it as a life-force energy that is conjured from a higher dimension.

No.

10 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

So, then everything wireless is telekinetic.  The last I knew, there was some kind of chip implanted in his brain that pick up his brain signals, so if there's a chip there it gets rid of the tele with the mind, because there's no real distance between the two.  Unless the machine is picking up his brainwaves from outside his body.

As I said by some vague definition of telekinesis using technology to turn thoughts into movement could be seen as telekinesis.

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:48 AM, papageorge1 said:

IMO, We are thinking about things in a bottom-up way instead of a top-down way. Consciousness creates our material reality as opposed to the material creating consciousness.

Consciousness is primary and the material is a derivative of consciousness

Versus

Matter is primary and consciousness is a derivative of matter

Quantum physics argues for the primacy of consciousness as Max Planck one of the fathers of quantum physics maintained.

Quantum physics makes no such argument. However if consciousness is indeed primary, matter should not be able to inhibit consciousness or be independent of it. Your reasoning is nonsensical.

51 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Quantum physics makes no such argument. However if consciousness is indeed primary, matter should not be able to inhibit consciousness or be independent of it. Your reasoning is nonsensical.

I think Max Planck is correct; and Consciousness/God/Brahman is primary and creates the play/drama of the universe. Consciousness/God/Brahman intentionally separates Itself from Itself in Act I and becomes finite/limited and then returns Itself to Itself in Act II (returns to the One) in the divine play/drama of the universe. This is called 'Maya' in Hinduism; the creative aspect of Brahman.

Edited by papageorge1

Just show me some legit telekinesis that isn't click bait. So far this discussion has proven one thing. That those who claim telekinesis can't explain in real words how it works. So I'm thinking it's a massive case of confirmation bias going on.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1