Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jogger pushes woman in front of bus

seeder

what an awful thing to do! There is no blood or gore in this story and the woman was OK

Putney Bridge: CCTV of jogger 'pushing' woman in front of bus

A woman has escaped serious injury after appearing to be pushed by a jogger into the path of a bus.

CCTV of the incident shows a man running along Putney Bridge in west London and appearing to shove the 33-year-old into the road.

The oncoming bus is forced to swerve into the adjacent lane to avoid hitting her.

Sgt Mat Knowles said: "It was only due to the superb quick reactions of the bus driver that she was not hit by the vehicle."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-40860045/putney-bridge-cctv-of-jogger-pushing-woman-in-front-of-bus

• Like 6

Well, I guess the woman MAY have said something to him....something caused him to act suddenly like that didn't it?  Still, no excuse for such an aggressive reaction.

• Like 3

Is this like roadrage but with jogging:lol:

• Like 7

knowing how many CCTV cameras there are in London....perhaps they will be able trace his possible routes TO the bridge or away from it....then charge him with attempted manslaughter

• Like 8

there is clear intent too, as he actually swerves toward the woman to push her

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, seeder said:

there is clear intent too, as he actually swerves toward the woman to push her

good reactions by the bus driver, because it was her head which would have been hit, and no doubt been killed out right.

• Like 8

I do hope he gets charges pressed against him, there is absolutely no excuse for acting that way.   

• Like 7

It looks like he was in his own world, he was not aware of the bus coming behind and this poor woman was "in his way"  and he was not going to move to the side, which he should have done as she was walking and he was jogging, meaning he was "speeding" in walking terms.

I so hope they catch this guy, he is likely to be a regular jogger, hence he thinks he owns that part of the area!! 

Officers said the jogger ran the other way across the bridge around 15 minutes later and the victim attempted to speak to him, but "he did not acknowledge her"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-40860045/putney-bridge-cctv-of-jogger-pushing-woman-in-front-of-bus

speak to him? i would have stopped him, if she was still on the bridge 15 mins later, were the people helping her still there too, i would think so, so why speak to him....they should have made a citizens arrest.

Hopefully the bus driver has got this all on film: from a request for this info by someone:

Other vehicles passing by the bus exterior may be visible from an interior 
camera via a bus window but they are not the focus of the recording and 
are not likely to be identifiable. A forward facing camera from the 
drivers cab area views approaching bus stops and general road traffic 
conditions ahead of the bus. Retention of the recorded data is the 
responsibility of the individual operators.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/cctv_mounted_on_exterior_of_buse

• Like 4

1 hour ago, seeder said:

knowing how many CCTV cameras there are in London....perhaps they will be able trace his possible routes TO the bridge or away from it....then charge him with attempted manslaughter

he actually jogged past 15 minutes later, still can not understand why he was not stopped. highly likely he lives round there.

• Like 5

Net closes in on ‘Putney Bridge pusher' as it emerges he jogged back the same way just 15 minutes later but IGNORED victim's attempt to confront him

Police are following a number of lines as they hunt jogger after releasing CCTV
    Clip shows man barging into 33-year-old woman on south west London bridge
    Woman knocked into bus' path with driver missing her by fraction after swerving

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4776436/Net-closes-jogger-pushed-woman-bus.html#ixzz4pLRoLf5F

• Like 3

They got him!!    :tu:

Putney Bridge bus-push jogger suspect arrested

Police hunting a jogger who appeared to push a woman into the path of a bus on Putney Bridge have arrested a man.

The Met Police said a 41-year-old was detained at an address in Chelsea on Thursday morning on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.

The arrest comes after CCTV footage was released that showed the woman, 33, narrowly avoid serious injury due to the bus driver's quick reactions.

The suspect is in custody at a south London police station, the Met said.

On Wednesday, the force said it had received a "huge response" to its appeal for information.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40889511

• Like 5

On 2017-8-8 at 0:24 PM, seeder said:

There is no such thing as 'attempted manslaughter'. The whole difference between manslaughter and murder is the intent, so if anything it would be attempted murder.

I'm not quite sure he shoved her here though to be honest. He barged her, but I'm not sure he attempted to shove her onto the road.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

Is he mentally ill? What possesses someone to do something like that? 

It's like he just considered her an obstacle. 

• Like 5

On 2017-8-8 at 1:57 PM, freetoroam said:

and he was not going to move to the side, which he should have done as she was walking and he was jogging, meaning he was "speeding" in walking terms.

Not to defend him colliding with her, because that was a serious dick move, but I always move out of the way of joggers to let them through, since it's far more awkward for them to change direction than someone walking. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Not to defend him colliding with her, because that was a serious dick move, but I always move out of the way of joggers to let them through, since it's far more awkward for them to change direction than someone walking. 

if you watch the vid she was not in the way....he CHANGED DIRECTION to shove her...she could have been killed

• Like 5

Just now, seeder said:

if you watch the vid she was not in the way....he CHANGED DIRECTION to shove her...she could have been killed

Im not defending this jackhole at all but I dont think he swerved to hit her, intentionally, I know when I ran my legs would sometimes dictate a slight course correction mostly without my knowledge. I think thats what happened here, dude probably thought she swerved into him and got p***ed as im guessing she wasnt the first  to "get in his way" on his run. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, seeder said:

Maybe you're right and he did move to hit her, but it doesn't seem too clear in the video that that's what happened.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Im not defending this jackhole at all but I dont think he swerved to hit her, intentionally, I know when I ran my legs would sometimes dictate a slight course correction mostly without my knowledge. I think thats what happened here, dude probably thought she swerved into him and got p***ed as im guessing she wasnt the first  to "get in his way" on his run. 

Us men are usually much stronger than women....running and shoving someone is VERY forceful.....any decent man would have run around an obstacle like a person....not tried to just push them outta the way....he is a real dik and could have killed her. And for what? Just because she was walking in a public place and had as much right to be there as he did?

• Like 5

Just now, seeder said:

Us men are usually much stronger than women....running and shoving someone is VERY forceful.....any decent man would have run around an obstacle like a person....not tried to just push them outta the way....he is a real dik and could have killed her. And for what? Just because she was walking in a public place and had as much right to be there as he did?

Oh im not saying the dude shouldnt be charged with assault at a minimum, just that I can see how it possibly played out from his point of view

I run every other day and I can see why the guy is frustrated but there's no excuse for what he did. I do get p***ed when people have a self righteous attitude of "why don't you move I don't have to" yadda yadda. Not everybody does it but the ones that do it's annoying. That being said I've never even said anything to anyone. I try to have a positive mindset and just use it to add to my run, if I have to move out of someones way then I'll have to run in uneven grass or whatever and I have to pick my feet up higher.

There's one time a girl in a car was acting like she was going to hit me in her car and that time I became infuriated. I suspect she did this A because she felt safe in her car and B there was a guy as a passenger. But that's a whole other story. 

• Like 2

This guy needs a serious beating.  Should he be charged with attempted murder?  Probably.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

This guy needs a serious beating.  Should he be charged with attempted murder?  Probably.

Murder would denote intent.

Either way, it is irritating to see the media outlets present it as "she was in his way, he barged into her" - he comes over to her bit of the pavement and pushes her. That's assault.

Pavement rage is a very real thing in London. The pavements are overcrowded, and 40% are usually staring at their phones rather than looking where they're going.

• Like 5

Well he was arrested for GBH but hasn't been charged yet. If they do stick with that charge, I fear he will get off extremely leniently, considering the ramifications. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

where was she to move to...into the road? she is not in his line of jogging, he had room to miss her.....on his left, her left was the road. At 00.04 of the video, you see him going into her line of walking. He was jogging slightly towards the right, and yet goes into the middle towards her line of walking. 

Note when she is pushed, she is walking in the same spot as the previous walker, not in the line of the jogger, so if the jogger managed to miss him, he should have missed her too.

No this dick did this deliberately, he did not like the fact that there were walkers on the bridge as he believed he owned the bloody place!!! hope they arrest him and give him a cell he can own instead.

• Like 7