Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Factory workers faint after alarm over ghost

Still Waters

More than 30 garment workers fainted in a factory at Canadia Industrial Park on Monday due to mass hysteria after news spread of one staff member being possessed by a ghost spirit.

Bun Van, chief of the Coalition of Cambodian Apparel Workers Democratic Union in Canadia Industrial Park, said about 35 workers at the New Orient Garment Company fainted and were sent to a private clinic for treatment.

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/5077059/garment-workers-faint-alarm-ghost/

I have often had varying degrees of belief behind whether there is possession or not. I even had had a particular one time experience, years ago, that seem to match something I saw similar to someone else's describing their possession experience. But, I can't know for sure, and of course, that's my subjective feelings, experiences, and observations on that. On that being said, .....

I do find it a bit, coincidental that it seems all of them fainted. And one didn't know why they fainted when they heard the news. I have even entertained someone else's thoughts on another part of this board, that what I had was the aftereffects of a three day insomnia/no sleep situation I had. Yes, that could be. I'm thinking if there was some form of something in the air, being it some form of gas or something electric. Or, what the last line of the article in the link said, and maybe the mass majority of the workers aren't still eating right. I don't, so that also could explain my experience years ago as well. 

I can believe some of the workers were alarmed and they fainted, but not the majority of them. Some people, like myself, could find it very interesting and get excited about it. So, I'm up to thinking something was in the air that caused them to faint at the coincidental grapevine news of a possession. Heck, I'm even thinking that the possible 'possessed' person was more susceptible to what was in the air than the others, and probably felt and looked possesses. 

Again, I'm not totally dismissing possession and feelings of other worldly things, but that's my subjective thoughts. Mass behaviors are another thing, mostly so if it could be explained by something else. 

At first I thought it said Canada and was wth. 

• Like 2

They felt the power of the, ehhhh...Ghost!

All they wanted was a Chic-fil-A nearby or a KFC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

At first I thought it said Canada and was wth. 

Same here. 

• Like 1

If it isn't some airborne poison or disease, then it would be a minor god not a ghost. Ghosts don't ask for sacrifices.

"....yelling out for chicken to eat...."

Was it the ghost of Colonel Sanders?

• Like 2

Mass or collective hysteria has a long documented and rather amazing history reflective of how we react to shared events. But, that aside, there exist a number of rather toxic chemicals that are used in the garment manufacturing, such as formaldehyde, NPC, PFC. These can cause neurological disorders. Consider too that about one percent, or 1 in 100, of the population deals with schizophrenia, whose symptoms may include delusions and hallucinations, that typically emerges in young adulthood. Environmental issues have been considered as one of the contributing causes of schizophrenia. Perfect storm.

• 1 month later...

perhaps long hours with little food and crappy working conditions played a role...