Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump:Fire and Fury

Unusual Tournament

28 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I can only re-iterate that I agree about invasion. If the SK/USA where silly enough to physically invade, then all SORTS of things might happen.

But, you see, they don't NEED to. They can just blow up a lot of NK's obvious military emplacements, with special reference to the long-range artillery on the border, and perhaps some of the medium-range missile sites. Having done that, they can all go back home again. The NK threat against SK would have been significantly reduced, and Kim would have had a big slap in the face, which might teach him to moderate his language in future, if nothing else.

It would all be over within a few days. What could the Chinese do in that time ? What would they WANT to do ? Non of their vital interests are threatened. There would be no foreign troops on the ground in NK. Just a lot of broken artillery pieces.

That would further reinforce North Korea's belief that conventional weaponry alone is insufficient to protect their country from American aggression and  make them double down on their nuclear program.  Kim would have to go and regime change has to happen under that option.

• Like 1

Double-down on their nuclear program ?

I suspect they are going at it as hard as they possibly can ANYWAY :)

In 1938 members of the German General Staff were prepared to remove Hitler from office if Britain and France had stood up to him over Czechoslovakia. Because they were afraid it might start a war they choose not to stand up to Hitler. The following year WWII broke out anyway. Sometimes the only way to deal with a madman is to remove him by any means necessary. The longer you wait the harder it becomes.

• Like 1

Just now, Bama13 said:

In 1938 members of the German General Staff were prepared to remove Hitler from office if Britain and France had stood up to him over Czechoslovakia. Because they were afraid it might start a war they choose not to stand up to Hitler. The following year WWII broke out anyway. Sometimes the only way to deal with a madman is to remove him by any means necessary. The longer you wait the harder it becomes.

Considering the general consensus on Trump perhaps we should back off that whole removing madmen by any means necessary thought process? :lol: 

• Like 3

SO apparently Trump tweeted about North Korea today : 

Military solutions are now fully in place,locked and loaded,should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong Un will find another path!

Is this really a smart or necessary move? 

27 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Warning someone that if they attack another country then the US is prepared to retaliate sounds reasonable to me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bama13 said:

Nuclear Capable Tactics were not on the table then, as is MAD is definitively suffixed into the system now.

Just now, Bama13 said:

Warning someone that if they attack another country then the US is prepared to retaliate sounds reasonable to me. 

But that warning has happened, repeatedly. Im not totally set in  my opinion but it kinda seems like an antagonistic move. 

• Like 1

Best take some pointers from what went totally wrong with WW1 ... fighting with modern weaponry with outdated and outmoded tactics and strategies.

This time around the same mistakes will prove embarrassingly costly ... don't matter who launches first or last ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Nuclear Capable Tactics were not on the table then, as is MAD is definitively suffixed into the system now.

So if we wait longer then NK will have less of a nuclear capability? I don't think that is how is usually works. Countries with nuclear capability generally increase their capability, not lessen it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thanato said:

Seoul is gone if we do something. That's the problem. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

Oh, you got it right! :D

Seoul shall be saved.  We are bringing out the Area 51 ARVs to end the battle in just a few hours.

Fat Boy Kim is going down. All done by August 17,2017.

--------------------

Then we can enjoy the August 21, 2017 Eclipse stress free.B)

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Yes.

It's a done deal.

Just now, CeresExpo2000 said:

Yes.

It's a done deal.

I meant sending out an antagonistic tweet for really no apparent reason. 

Especially since it kinda flies in the face of his whole "im not obama i wont let our enemies know what we're doing" rhetoric 

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I can only re-iterate that I agree about invasion. If the SK/USA where silly enough to physically invade, then all SORTS of things might happen.

But, you see, they don't NEED to. They can just blow up a lot of NK's obvious military emplacements, with special reference to the long-range artillery on the border, and perhaps some of the medium-range missile sites. Having done that, they can all go back home again. The NK threat against SK would have been significantly reduced, and Kim would have had a big slap in the face, which might teach him to moderate his language in future, if nothing else.

It would all be over within a few days. What could the Chinese do in that time ? What would they WANT to do ? Non of their vital interests are threatened. There would be no foreign troops on the ground in NK. Just a lot of broken artillery pieces.

I predict it will be over in 5 hours.

Step 1: Destroy the entire power grid in North Korea.  

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

I meant sending out an antagonistic tweet for really no apparent reason. 

Especially since it kinda flies in the face of his whole "im not obama i wont let our enemies know what we're doing" rhetoric 

"no apparent reason"?

Fat Boy Kim wants to destroy Guam!

"no apparent reason"?

Fat Boy Kim wants to destroy Guam!

So talking trash helps with that how? I mean do we really need to hype the power of the US military? Trump already made his position perfectly clear , todays tweet just seemed unnecessarily antagonistic. 

• Like 1

Well, yes it did. But then,  Donald Trump is not a conventional politician.

People like Kim are accustomed to mouthing off, and getting no come-back from it.

Personally, I have - for a long time - wished that some world leader would respond NOT with diplomatic platitudes, but with

"Oh YEAH ? You WANT some Fat Boy ? You and who's army ? "

I don't know whether Donald Trump is the man for this, but It will be interesting to see.

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2

Just now, Farmer77 said:

So talking trash helps with that how? I mean do we really need to hype the power of the US military? Trump already made his position perfectly clear , todays tweet just seemed unnecessarily antagonistic. 

It will all be over in 6 days.

Just hang in there.:D

-------------------------------

I'm guessing after it's over then South Korea will move north and occupy North Korea and reunify the Korean Peninsula. 

Game - Set - Match

1 less crazy dictator to worry about. 

I agree with the former CeresExpo2000, but I'd caution against the latter. That would probably get China - or even Russia - involved.

There's no need. Just blow up all his military toys, and make him eat crow.

And if he mouths off, blow some MORE up. And keep on doing it until he learns to behave.

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The best way to deal with a bully is to stand up to them. This way no one can say that NK wasn't warned, which is what some people say happened with Saddam and Kuwait.

• Like 1

It will all be over in 6 days.

Just hang in there.:D

-------------------------------

I'm guessing after it's over then South Korea will move north and occupy North Korea and reunify the Korean Peninsula. 

Game - Set - Match

1 less crazy dictator to worry about. 

So you're saying Trump will act preemptively? Are you OK with a war with China if he does that? 

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So you're saying Trump will act preemptively? Are you OK with a war with China if he does that? 

Yes, the whole world will say: "Thank You!"

1 less dictator with nuclear bombs.

10 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I agree with the former CeresExpo2000, but I'd caution against the latter. That would probably get China - or even Russia - involved.

There's no need. Just blow up all his military toys, and make him eat crow.

And if he mouths off, blow some MORE up. And keep on doing it until he learns to behave.

I predict China and Russia will remain : Spectators.

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

True of

True of course. However, to avoid action for fear of a stubbed toe is to invite capitulation, surrender and humilation, along with the death of your allies and friends, and the pillage of your chocolate biscuits.

Yes but going to war assuming you will win with out as much as a broken nail is to invite defeat. For example the German invasion of the Soviet Union. The Germans should have won, but they didn't. They underestimated the soviets resolve.

• Like 1