Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was "God" the origin of our species?

nephili

31 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Gets 'DNA upgrade '   but cant cross stream on two legs     :D   

Be careful choosing the right upgrade.

0a1.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Will Due said:

To drive you nuts with endless questions which have answers, but won't be answered with satisfaction until you give up thinking literally about what is true and what is false.

But you think literally about truth, Will. You think your book has all the answers.

58 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

But you think literally about truth, Will. You think your book has all the answers.

I don't "think" anything about the Urantia Book Rose, I know what it says because I've read it.

If you won't read it, all you're left with is to think about it.

The reason why most people won't read it and instead read a bunch of false descriptions about it online is because they're afraid of it. I'm certain, based even on the false information about it circulating out there, or the things friends or family who've read it have said about it and who might annoy you, I'm beyond certain that those people who've heard about it know exactly what the Urantia Book is literally. 

But they're afraid of it. 

Why? Because they know reading it will change everything about what they hold dear, what they've determined with great effort to be true, but isn't.

They know that if they would dare to read it, all these pesky and "fun" things they like to whirl around in their head, about how they know it all, that everything sucks and God is a monster who kills babies, would be replaced with a perspective, an insight into the reality of why this situation exists on our world in the first place, why it's so effed up.

But people are strange. When you're born and grow up living on a pile of poop, you get used to it. You even crave the smell of it eventually. It becomes your home, this pile of lies about God, who he isn't, and what he didn't do. And people who've grown up on a world like this (all of us) don't want to leave it for the real world, the one that exists just above and literally all around the pile that almost everyone "thinks" this world is.

So I ask you Rose, aren't you tired of the smell of the pile of poop your living on? Or would you rather just remain chained to it like a slave, going on and on about how horrible the pile is, and continue to sit on it.

If you're ready to move on, go to the bookstore and buy yourself a copy of the Urantia Book, sit down with a cup of coffee, and start reading with great satisfaction all the answers to your many valid questions. Read how you can be a part of the solution to the world's problems instead of continuing to accept that there isn't anything that can be done about it. And yes, it will change you, it will set you free from misery literally. 

http://bigbluebook.org/

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

I don't "think" anything about the Urantia Book Rose, I know what it says because I've read it.

If you won't read it, all you're left with is to think about it.

The reason why most people won't read it and instead read a bunch of false descriptions about it online is because they're afraid of it. I'm certain, based even on the false information about it circulating out there, or the things friends or family who've read it have said about it and who might annoy you, I'm beyond certain that those people who've heard about it know exactly what the Urantia Book is literally. 

But they're afraid of it. 

Why? Because they know reading it will change everything about what they hold dear, what they've determined with great effort to be true, but isn't.

They know that if they would dare to read it, all these pesky and "fun" things they like to whirl around in their head, about how they know it all, that everything sucks and God is a monster who kills babies, would be replaced with a perspective, an insight into the reality of why this situation exists on our world in the first place, why it's so effed up.

But people are strange. When you're born and grow up living on a pile of poop, you get used to it. You even crave the smell of it eventually. It becomes your home, this pile of lies about God, who he isn't, and what he didn't do. And people who've grown up on a world like this (all of us) don't want to leave it for the real world, the one that exists just above and literally all around the pile that almost everyone "thinks" this world is.

So I ask you Rose, aren't you tired of the smell of the pile of poop your living on? Or would you rather just remain chained to it like a slave, going on and on about how horrible the pile is, and continue to sit on it.

If you're ready to move on, go to the bookstore and buy yourself a copy of the Urantia Book, sit down with a cup of coffee, and start reading with great satisfaction all the answers to your many valid questions. Read how you can be a part of the solution to the world's problems instead of continuing to accept that there isn't anything that can be done about it. And yes, it will change you, it will set you free from misery literally. 

http://bigbluebook.org/

I have read some of it, Will. And I've already found the bits I've read to be untrue.

• Like 1

You could "know" the same thing about the bible or the Qur'an or whatever other text you wanted to, because in fact, you want it to be true. You just happen to like aliens, so the Urantia Book, it is. 

• Like 3

It's like any other thing. No one could possibly get every single thing wrong. There are some things in it that are probably true. Just like there are things that are true in other texts. 

The problem is, there's a whole lotta bs, too. And there's no difference with the UB. 

• Like 3

I still don't know why you don't just start a discussion on the UB. Instead you have to troll every single discussion on spirituality and try to sell your book. I'm not buying your book. There's no reason to. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I have read some of it, Will. And I've already found the bits I've read to be untrue.

I experienced that place with reading it for the first time too Rose. Every one does. But until it's read in its entirety, suspicion of what it says in one place will remain until you read in another place the resolution of your suspicion. It's a tome, a big book, and it will take time to read it in its entirety. It might take years, like it did in my case. Perhaps the place to start is at the end. Part 4, the main part in my opinion, the life and teachings of Jesus. 

Just now, Will Due said:

I experienced that place with reading it for the first time too Rose. Every one does. But until it's read in its entirety, suspicion of what it says in one place will remain until you read in another place the resolution of your suspicion. It's a tome, a big book, and it will take time to read it in its entirety. It might take years, like it did in my case. Perhaps the place to start is at the end. Part 4, the main part in my opinion, the life and teachings of Jesus. 

That's your inner bs detector going off, Will. And there's a reason that it does.

Have you read the Mormon bible in its entirety? How about the Qur'an? Maybe Dianetics? Have you read all of Lovecraft? Might be something of value in it. You couldn't possibly know unless you read it all.

It's ridiculous, Will. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

That's your inner bs detector going off, Will. And there's a reason that it does.

Yes, my inner bs detector goes off alright. That's why I love the book so much. Remember, I'm an ex-atheist. Raised by an ex-Catholic-fire breathing atheist.

My very thorough and excellently functioning bs detector shows me the big green light about the book Rose. But not until after I read it. Not until I got through being suspicious. 

There is no other book that compares to it, and if you want to think of it as being written by aliens, then go for it. After all, it may turn out that they aren't the aliens, we are. Alien to what's normal. Alien to what's true. We are the green men in the universe and the universe is tired of it. But you'll need to read the book to stop being green.

Just now, Will Due said:

Yes, my inner bs detector goes off alright. That's why I love the book so much. Remember, I'm an ex-atheist. Raised by an ex-Catholic-fire breathing atheist.

My very thorough and excellently functioning bs detector shows me the big green light about the book Rose. But not until after I read it. Not until I got through being suspicious. 

There is no other book that compares to it, and if you want to think of it as being written by aliens, then go for it. After all, it may turn out that they aren't the aliens, we are. Alien to what's normal. Alien to what's true. We are the green men in the universe and the universe is tired of it. But you'll need to read the book to stop being green.

Look, Will...the only reason you were able to ignore the obvious and blatant bs is because you wanted to believe the book in the first place. 

• Like 2

Just now, ChaosRose said:

Look, Will...the only reason you were able to ignore the obvious and blatant bs is because you wanted to believe the book in the first place. 

Well Rose, then it just might be the other way around for you. That's ok.

Like I said, you get used to the smell of this world and get to where you enjoy it. So when the smell of another world comes along, it smells funny, but it's actually the smell of a rose.

• Like 1

It seems to me that if there is some higher consciousness to reach, that people could take any number of paths to get to it. Even this one. But one thing I can tell is it's not in any book. At least not in its entirety. No book is perfect. Everything is corrupted. Some things more than others.

You're worshiping a book and it's not healthy. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

It seems to me that if there is some higher consciousness to reach, that people could take any number of paths to get to it. Even this one. But one thing I can tell is it's not in any book. At least not in its entirety. No book is perfect. Everything is corrupted. Some things more than others.

You're worshiping a book and it's not healthy. 

There are a few that probably worship it. But not me. I only worship God.

Yes the book is not the path. Reading it is not the path. 

But the book tells of the path like no other. It explains how to get to the path and tells of how the path has been obscured. How it's been hidden and why.

It does so from the perspective from above and explains why now, why it has been brought to us now in a book that speaks for itself.

It also tells of those who came before who appeared on the scene to reveal God in person, instead of a book. But for now, it's a book, until the next revelation comes to this world in person. God help us.

That time is coming soon I hope. We need help. It probably won't be the second coming though, but some day, some other person representing the rule and administration of the Universe will make an appearance. The book is the precursor to this event. To prepare the world for the next step in its spiritual and material evolution.

Just now, Will Due said:

There are a few that probably worship it. But not me. I only worship God.

Yes the book is not the path. Reading it is not the path. 

But the book tells of the path like no other. It explains how to get to the path and tells of how the path has been obscured. How it's been hidden and why.

It does so from the perspective from above and explains why now, why it has been brought to us now in a book that speaks for itself.

It also tells of those who came before who appeared on the scene to reveal God in person, instead of a book. But for now, it's a book, until the next revelation comes to this world in person. God help us.

That time is coming soon I hope. We need help. It probably won't be the second coming though, but some day, some other person representing the rule and administration of the Universe will make an appearance. The book is the precursor to this event. To prepare the world for the next step in its spiritual and material evolution.

There are other ways to figure that out that don't involve swallowing eugenics and racism. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

There are other ways to figure that out that don't involve swallowing eugenics and racism. 

Low blow Rose. Go higher. Use your well earned talent to see past what is misconceived. 

Don't keep sitting at the intersection just because the red light refuses to turn green. No one does that.

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Low blow Rose. Go higher. Use your well earned talent to see past what is misconceived. 

Don't keep sitting at the intersection just because the red light refuses to turn green. No one does that.

My point is that you're not using discernment. You've wholesale bought what that book is selling, and not everything it's selling is good. But you've blinded yourself so you cannot see this. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

My point is that you're not using discernment. You've wholesale bought what that book is selling, and not everything it's selling is good. But you've blinded yourself so you cannot see this. 

Like I said, until you read it, you won't dispel the blindness of the world in order to see it like God intends.

However, there are many alive today, as in the past, who have done this. Done it without being told  nor reading about how to do it from a book. That's what the book says, but it's also obvious anyway.

So there are those who are on their path, with or without books. But in case you would like a little boost over the wall, if one exists and is keeping you from the path you desire, there are instructions available which tell you where to plant your feet for the boost over the wall.

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Like I said, until you read it, you won't dispel the blindness of the world in order to see it like God intends.

However, there are many alive today, as in the past, who have done this. Done it without being told  nor reading about how to do it from a book. That's what the book says, but it's also obvious anyway.

So there are those who are on their path, with or without books. But in case you would like a little boost over the wall, if one exists and is keeping you from the path you desire, there are instructions available which tell you where to plant your feet for the boost over the wall.

Yep...still on that somewhere in the book I'm gonna find ways to justify the horrors in...the book. 

Until you use discernment, you're gonna be brainwashed, my friend. 

And it won't matter which book you pick up. 

Edited by ChaosRose

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Yep...still on that somewhere in the book I'm gonna find ways to justify the horrors in...the book. 

Until you use discernment, you're gonna be brainwashed, my friend. 

Lol Rose. There is no greater horror than believing that God is horrible. 

• Like 1

Just now, Will Due said:

Look around, Will. Either there is none, or it's hardly perfect and benign. There is only the hope that there might be something higher trying to connect or reconnect with us. And maybe not with the physical us, at that. 

• Like 1

Even your path leaves room for mismanagement. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

The same can be said with believing god is all good.

• Like 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

Even your path leaves room for mismanagement. 

My wife tells me that too. Lol.

• Like 1