Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Parachute strap linked to 1971 DB Cooper case

UM-Bot

Finding it buried might indicate he buried it after surviving the jump, maybe not. A night jump is going to be a risk regardless.

• Like 2

Im curious who the "credible source" that tipped these guys off was. 

• Like 4

As much as I would like to see some progress made in this case, I'm not holding my breath. It seems like every so often there is an article about some new lead and then we hear nothing else about said lead. They'll find Cooper right around the time the find Jimmy Hoffa and Amelia Earhart lol

• Like 5

I hate when I read true crime articles and there's no hardcore evidence. It's like playing hide and go seek and never getting to the end of the game. Okay maybe I went off the deep end there, lol. 

• Like 1

Hummmm.... I'm skeptical about this strap. Can it be proven to be from the model/airline that DB Cooper jumped from? If not, it could just as easily be from a car, or backpack. No pic of the strap... Sadly. 

With the sunglasses on, DB Cooper has a passing resemblance to Agent Coulson off Agents of Shield.

• Like 1

After all this time who really cares ? 

This case has fascinated me ever since I first read about it 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, curiouse said:

After all this time who really cares ? 

Actually, the DB Cooper case has quite a cult following.

• Like 1

I've never heard it before, but it IS a remarkable story. 

A bit strange though; $200,000 - even in 1970's terms - doesn't sound like very much for all the risk involved ? 

Just now, RoofGardener said:

I've never heard it before, but it IS a remarkable story. 

A bit strange though; $200,000 - even in 1970's terms - doesn't sound like very much for all the risk involved ? 

So you mean to tell me you've never seen Without a Paddle? OMG you're missing a classic piece of cinema!!! 

Image result for without a paddle

• Like 2

I'd lean towards William Gossett, if I had to choose a suspect.
http://parachutistonline.com/feature/secrets-db-cooper-part-three-criminal-profile

He had combat parachuting experience, made several night and high-altitude jumps and was a survival expert. Gossett talked about the hijacking often, saying he could write Cooper�s epitaph. He privately told several family members and friends he was D.B. Cooper.

https://themountainnewswa.net/2012/02/23/suspects-in-the-db-cooper-skyjacking-sketches-pictures-and-comparisons/

gossett-family-photo-from-galen1.jpg

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 1