Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Ozymandias

Last time God intervened in the World?

705 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Ozymandias

When was the last time God stuck his nose into human affairs? I do not mean interfering in one person's or a couple of people's life but did something that effected all humanity.

Why did he bother?

Why hasn't he bothered since?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias
41 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Super bowl 16.

No cigar, my friend. I guess you didn't read the OP. Objectively the Superbowl cannot be considerd to have 'effected all humanity'.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias
31 minutes ago, third_eye said:

2005 UEFA Champions League Final - Wikipedia

The 2005 UEFA Champions League Final was the final match of the 2004–05 UEFA Champions League, Europe's primary club football competition.

Man of the Match‎: ‎Steven Gerrard‎ (Liverpool)
Referee‎: ‎Manuel Mejuto González‎ (‎Spain‎)
Date‎: ‎25 May 2005
Attendance‎: ‎69,600

~

Miracle of Istanbul

~

 

[00.03:02]

~

 

You may have three eyes but you didn't read the OP! Objectively, no football match can be said to have 'effected all humanity'. Try again.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

No cigar, my friend. I guess you didn't read the OP. Objectively the Superbowl cannot be considerd to have 'effected all humanity'.

Of course it did. Obviously, you're not human.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scudbuster

Well, fact is, "he"never has intervened, because "he" doesn't exist.............he has only existed in the minds of many people over the millennia.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias
1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Of course it did. Obviously, you're not human.

Sad really. Obviously, you are not objective! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

When was the last time God stuck his nose into human affairs? I do not mean interfering in one person's or a couple of people's life but did something that effected all humanity.

Why did he bother?

Why hasn't he bothered since?

no such thing as god

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
6 minutes ago, Scudbuster said:

Well, fact is, "he"never has intervened, because "he" doesn't exist.............he has only existed in the minds of many people over the millennia.

yep

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias
2 minutes ago, Scudbuster said:

Well, fact is, "he"never has intervened, because "he" doesn't exist.............he has only existed in the minds of many people over the millennia.

Fact is, mate, 'he' obviously doesn't exist in your mind! Does that mean 'he' doesn't exist outside it? 

Didn't 'he' cause the Biblical Flood and supervise Noah in building an Ark? That effected all humanity.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias
3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

no such thing as god

I know that. God isn't a thing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit

I'm not quite sure these recent threads are anymore than religion bashing?

As part of Terms of Service here at UM. We require that all posters show respect for the beliefs of others.

A link to these Terms of Service aka the Rules. Can be found at the bottom of every page.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
9 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Sad really. Obviously, you are not objective! :)

Neither are you, since your question is predicated on two unverifiable assumptions. One, that God exists, two, God intervenes in human affairs. So, your question is leading because of built-in bias.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
8 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Fact is, mate, 'he' obviously doesn't exist in your mind! Does that mean 'he' doesn't exist outside it? 

Didn't 'he' cause the Biblical Flood and supervise Noah in building an Ark? That effected all humanity.

Flooding is part of nature and the building of any craft is done by man.

do not underestimate the human race.....they are quite capable of building things on their own.

If god were real he would be believed by all of mankind...especially lf he had made man, but he did not. 

Now nature on the other hand is a fact...no man on Earth can deny its existence and power and the effect it has on the whole of mankind. 

Some want to believe its gods will, some do not, but were we are divided in the beliefs of any god existing..we are not divided about the power of nature.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
1 hour ago, third_eye said:

2005 UEFA Champions League Final - Wikipedia

The 2005 UEFA Champions League Final was the final match of the 2004–05 UEFA Champions League, Europe's primary club football competition.

Man of the Match‎: ‎Steven Gerrard‎ (Liverpool)
Referee‎: ‎Manuel Mejuto González‎ (‎Spain‎)
Date‎: ‎25 May 2005
Attendance‎: ‎69,600

~

Miracle of Istanbul

~

 

 

 

26 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

You may have three eyes but you didn't read the OP! Objectively, no football match can be said to have 'effected all humanity'. Try again.

Liverpool FC is the third* most important club, in the most important sport in the world. Of couse it effect humanity. :P (Thats was the best game ever !)

 

*) Numbers one and two are obviously Real Madrid and Brøndby IF

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
30 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I know that. God isn't a thing.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias
25 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I'm not quite sure these recent threads are anymore than religion bashing?

As part of Terms of Service here at UM. We require that all posters show respect for the beliefs of others.

A link to these Terms of Service aka the Rules. Can be found at the bottom of every page.

I am thinking that this is directed at me and that my threads and posts are not welcome. This feeling is reinforced by your liking of posts by others who have trivialised my OP. As a new member trying to generate debate this has dented my confidence here and leaves me wondering what I should do now. 

I have not meant or intended any offence.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias
2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Yeah.. I'll bash religion! The day religion is eradicated from this wonderful planet of mine will be (IMO) the day of our enlightenment as a race!

Religion needs bashing... That is my belief-- are you going to show me respect? We'll see

You quoted Kismet's words but attributed them to me. How do you do that? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
3 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

When was the last time God stuck his nose into human affairs?

Diego-Maradona-Hand-of-God.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias
7 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Diego-Maradona-Hand-of-God.jpg

That was a HAND, not a nose! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
10 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

You quoted Kismet's words but attributed them to me. How do you do that? 

??? I've no idea what happened??? I highlighted/quoted a line- seems it went all weird?? My apologies....

Anyways I'll still stand by what I said= to whoever it was meant for;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias

It's a case of 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' or walk away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
3 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

When was the last time God stuck his nose into human affairs? I do not mean interfering in one person's or a couple of people's life but did something that effected all humanity.

Why did he bother?

Why hasn't he bothered since?

How do you know that interfering in one humans life does not affect the whole world, or many people? God came to me, and as a result thousands of humans are now alive who would have died (from hunger or poor water and sanitation)  Many more have better lives health and education because of god's intervention in my life, causing me to prioritise everything i did in life and every value i held. Think about joan of arc and how god's intervention affected european affairs there Or someone like gandhi or mother teresa's effect in india.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

That was a HAND, not a nose! :)

Does the alleged god have a nose? Obviously man would make a god with a nose...how else would he smell all that BS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.