Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Last time God intervened in the World?

Ozymandias

10 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Only 4 members on UM know what I look like. That's it. Plus I have no desire to meet up with anyone. I'd like to keep myself anonymous. 

alfred_e_neuman.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sherapy said:

I enjoy his marriage stories, they are genuine and being married myself there are commonalities that one recognizes. It is the aspect of his life I think has an authentic feel to it. 

I don’t need to know Walker to pick up on what is genuine. 

If his posts reveal something of merit it will be noted and is by those that find value in his posts. 

I don’t find him a particulary clean, profound, deep, or articulate thinker, but that is just personal preference for me, not against him. 

I am not setting many posts on fire with my intellect either, as you say— I am also here to learn more than anything else. 

And to nurture friendships. :wub:

I agree with you about meeting people here and I have met severl here that I have a great appreciation for athough I have not tried to conact them through PMs.

My favorite Walker and wife story is how they prepared themselves for a break-in, regular Bonnie and Clyde in that tale.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sherapy said:

I don’t need to know Walker to pick up on what is genuine. 

Since his posts are largely autobiographical--and there are reams of them--it's hardly necessary, if one trusts in his take on himself. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Close enough.:lol:

Or this.           Brian-Dennehy-Net-Worth.jpg                                                 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Since his posts are largely autobiographical--and there are reams of them--it's hardly necessary, if one trusts in his take on himself. 

True, it hardly matters. It is the same story told over and over. 

The only point is to convince us that he is the 10th wonder of humanity according to him; and when we just don't believe it, he concocts counters that belittle our ability to comprehend and understand. 

• Like 2

On 12/14/2017 at 5:10 AM, MauriOra said:

Awesome my friend...

And you are absolutely Right, it does depend on how one gets "There"... 

So where is There?...

"There"? I assume it is Peace. Living in Peace while on Earth. 

But, God isn't always about peace. Often His plan involves violence and loss, and hardships. But, I like to believe that it is all for the Better... in the end.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

But, God isn't always about peace. Often His plan involves violence and loss, and hardships. But, I like to believe that it is all for the Better... in the end.

You're trying to keep it on topic. :angry: 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

oss8r.jpg

4 hours ago, Sherapy said:

True, it hardly matters. It is the same story told over and over. 

The only point is to convince us that he is the 10th wonder of humanity according to him; and when we just don't believe it, he concocts counters that belittle our ability to comprehend and understand. 

More like number two--but that's just one man's opinion.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

More like this. 

640_Supernatural_Jim_Beaver_Main.jpg

Why you handsome sonuvagun!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Interesting, I know a lady who was moved to a facility due to early stages dementia and this lady was expressing how much she missed her beautiful home, and another lady said well it's god's purpose and the lady said what purpose would there be for god to take me out of the home I loved, to bring me here so I can miss it? I thought she made an excellent point. Personally,  life just sucks at times and there is no purpose to it, but eventually we go on, I think finding the better in it is subjective and probably the best use for it. 

Anna Nicole Smith said "they say life is a beeotch and then you die, but this isn't true life is a beeoxth and then you get to live through it."

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Well Sherapy can confirm the similarity.:tu:

Well due to the recent controversy surrounding Louis C. K., I can't bare to compare you to him.

I would say similar to a young Ron Howard and who Stubbs said, but I forget who it was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Well due to the recent controversy surrounding Louis C. K., I can't bare to compare you to him.

I would say similar to a young Ron Howard and who Stubbs said, but I forget who it was. 

That's a pic of Jim Beaver from supernatural. Please don't say Ron Howard, I used to hate it when people called me Opie. Heck Stubbs looks almost exactly like my mom.:huh:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's a pic of Jim Beaver from supernatural. Please don't say Ron Howard, I used to hate it when people called me Opie. Heck Stubbs looks almost exactly like my mom.:huh:

Ron Howard is awesome, prefaced on whether something comes out about him. Not Opie, but the young director Ron Howard. I would hate Opie too. Oh, I thought it was You know who. I also have the paler, blue eyed version of Vin Diesel as you too. You are very handsome.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Ron Howard is awesome, prefaced on whether something comes out about him. Not Opie, but the young director Ron Howard. I would hate Opie too. Oh, I thought it was You know who. I also have the paler, blue eyed version of Vin Diesel as you too. 

You know. I can kinda see the similarity to vin diesel. 

• Like 1

Hmmm ... someone's toast is well browned and buttered now ....

:P

~

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

But with you, it's always about who you are, what you did, what you achieved, how morally superior you are to us lesser folk. All your ideas and beliefs are Walker-centric. The whole universe revolves around you. Even in denying it you do it. Everyone is laughing at your monumental conceit and you're oblivious to it, so wrapped up about yourself you are.

I don't make that judgement and i don't see myself in those terms. i judge myself only against myself.   It is interesting that others have this perception of  comparative inferiority/superiority  maybe because the y were brought up to be competitive and to compare their achievements and lives with others.

I seek to be all that i can be, and do all that i ca do    My deepest opinion on this is that all humans are connected as one  not rivals or competitors but  part of a greater whole, and that i a an operating as part of that greater whole,

it is my job to contribute the most and the best that i can to that whole.   What others do and how the y see themselves is up to them  Of course there are some undeniable objective truths. A lot of habits attitudes and behaviours do harm to people and to the fabric of a society.    These should be  prevented and humans don't really have a right to harm themselves or others UNLESS the y bear the total emotional and financial cost for that  harm  

Some things are right because they are constructive and produce beneficial results Some things are bad because the y are destructive/harmful and cause   negative impacts. 

It is not that my ideas are walker centic.  It is that there  IS a certain ethical set of standards which is most productive and i choose to live by them. They are not MY standards but those of past philosophers and spiritual leaders   I think what happens is that others are really judging themselves when they read how i live, and comparing themselves to me. 

if you are a person who believes in comparative or relative moralities, and that every one has a right to live as they choose, then of course a lot of my views will upset and even anger you.  I see humans as social animals, who need their society to survive, and thus have a prior duty to behave in ways which protect and strengthen their community  If you wish to live entirely free then you MUST live alone.  Otherwise your desire for freedom of behaviour  impacts on the freedoms of others to behave as they wish to.  

hammer claw i don't know you well enough to  pass judgement on you or to rank you as inferior or superior to me, But even if i did know you well enough  i don't think  of people like that. I see all peole as equal but t hat some make more of their lives than others for many reasons. I dont see a judge as superior to the criminal in the dock  as a human being. although clearly one will have a far better life than the other  It would be the criminal i invited into our home, because he might have need of a friend or some help  in his life 

IMO it is yOU who is judging your self against the stories of my life and for some reason this is making you feel inferior   All I can say is don't   I don't know you, but you are human, and thus of equal worth, and value, to me and to anyone else.  

9 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Ah but shearapy is incapable of believing the more unusual aspects of that autobiography.

Also, she is looking at  my life through her own eyes and perceptions,  which leads her into errors

The classic example was in how she insisted that my parents were abusers because they used corporal punishment on us.

She was judging through the experience of her own childhood and her own mother. which constructed a strongly held emotional view on ALL  corporal punishment of children 

My parents were absolute loving, and made great sacrifices for we children. They   never lost their temper, never  used hostile language, never put us down (and never gave false or undeserved praise  only genuine priase for hard won achievements) .  But they made and enforced rules of behaviour which we all knew and understood, and reinforced those behaviours through rewards and punishments.  It was not arbitrary, emotional, or hurtful,  but a negotiated and accepted (by all of us)  system of punishing behaviours not the child. and, in return,  we loved our parents and  honoured, respected, and valued them all the days of their lives. 

I was very hurt by sherapy calling my parents abusers, until i read about her own upbringing and her relationship with her own mother, and then i understood WHY she held that view of my parents, totally wrong though it was. 

27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No one cares about your life story. All we would like are short to the point post. Not a biography.

That s simple then.  Stop making personal commentaries and attacking me as a person, rather than my views  or comments.

On the other hand this forum is actually supposed to be about unexplained mysteries.  My life contains many of those,  which is what drew me to the forum with that name.  So, to tell those experiences,  i am giving a biographical account.

That is unavoidable. 

if a reader simply denies all inexplicable mysteries of life, then what constructive purpose are the y serving here ? Natural scepticism is understandable, but to see others as crazy, uneducated, mentally deficient,  unable to interpret reality accurately , or  needy, etc., is wrong.   After a short time here i was subject to all these claims, and more, which is when i began to outline more of my life, to illustrate that i am well educated, totally sane, dont take drugs or alcohol, am not sleep derived, am not needy or seeking validation.

This, of course, opened me up to even more personal commentary and attack, but it was necessary for me to do so, to answer the original criticism that;  "because a reader KNOWS  there are no such things as gods or ghost or goblins  (or in other sections, aliens or big foot etc.) then EVERYONE who claims to have encountered them, has to be either a liar,  deluded , or incompetent of mind  . :) 

To maintain their absolute belief that such things do not exist, they are compelled to undermine those who argue for them, using every tactic possible .

Edited by Mr Walker

30 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No one cares about your life story. All we would like are short to the point post. Not a biography.

I have absolutely no interest in any of the irrelevant social repartee  indulged in over the last pages,  but  understand  it's social purpose, and appeal to others,  and so i tolerate it, despite it having nothing to do with the topic.  

• Like 1

• The topic was locked