Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Last time God intervened in the World?

Ozymandias

Just now, Mr Walker said:

I have absolutely no interest in any of the irrelevant social repartee  indulged in over the last pages,  but  understand  it's social purpose, and appeal to others,  and so i tolerate it, despite it having nothing to do with the topic.  

I don't like you Walker. Because I saw the real you in the Death thread that sherapy made. You are a narcissists individual who has either completely fabricated a life or believe such fantasies to be true. You can not enter a thread without it becoming about you, and you'll do whatever it takes to keep it that way.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Interesting, I know a lady who was moved to a facility due to early stages dementia and this lady was expressing how much she missed her beautiful home, and another lady said well it's god's purpose and the lady said what purpose would there be for god to take me out of the home I loved, to bring me here so I can miss it? I thought she made an excellent point. Personally,  life just sucks at times and there is no purpose to it, but eventually we go on, I think finding the better in it is subjective and probably the best use for it. 

Anna Nicole Smith said "they say life is a beeotch and then you die, but this isn't true life is a beeoxth and then you get to live through it."

It is true that the world is full of purposeless things happening to people, and it does seem like a cop out when people say, "We live in a fallen world". And then say that God should be able to fix things, and why would God allow such things to happen. 

I'm of the opinion that if we do assume God is real, then He has such a view of everything that what we see is only the millionth... the billionth... that He sees and so we can't understand the puzzle of the universe and Life, as He does. 

Just because we can't, with thirty seconds thought, come up with a reason why something was allowed to happen, doesn't mean it doesn't have a reason.

Have you never had to make a choice between something horrible, and something slightly less horrible? Yet, both are horrible. And  you had to make one of the horrible choices.

I know that would imply that God then is limited and unable to make everyone healthy, happy, safe, all the time. But that then feeds back into our having (The illusion?) of Free Will. 

So to eliminate pain, hardship, death... God would have to remove Free Will.

At least that's how I see it.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Only 4 members on UM know what I look like. That's it. Plus I have no desire to meet up with anyone. I'd like to keep myself anonymous. 

I originally was open to meeting people, but then when I started getting PMs from various individuals who were complete UFO believers, who wanted to convince me in person, and then a couple of Bigfoot true believers, who also wanted to meet me and convince me of their fanaticism.... I decided less is more, here on UM. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I don't like you Walker. Because I saw the real you in the Death thread that sherapy made. You are a narcissists individual who has either completely fabricated a life or believe such fantasies to be true. You can not enter a thread without it becoming about you, and you'll do whatever it takes to keep it that way.

I don't mind MW. I often read his posts and look for wisdom among his statements. Look for the message within the words.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DieChecker said:

"There"? I assume it is Peace. Living in Peace while on Earth. 

But, God isn't always about peace. Often His plan involves violence and loss, and hardships. But, I like to believe that it is all for the Better... in the end.

It is and It will Be..

This Violent God, is not the Real God..

Nature and Love is... All that is good in the world, is the real God..

This idiot, is just that an idiot..

Its time to have a BIG FAT LAUGH IN HIS FACE...

HAHAHAHA!!!

I DO......

And You can too... Its easy...

• Like 1

Just now, DieChecker said:

I don't mind MW. I often read his posts and look for wisdom among his statements. Look for the message within the words.

I can't and I won't. He offers me nothing but contempt. Deep down somewhere inside I get the feeling that he's a sad lonely old man. Trying to relive and exaggerated the "good old days".

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Coil said:

All are created as bright beings and God gives everyone the free will of choice and because of wrong choice, bad deeds appear and the beings become evil. When the cosmic spirit enters the universe, it carries light and darkness (hidden knowledge), so if beings do not have the knowledge, it is better to follow what God says then they will enlighten the darkness and open knowledge. It is said that when the universe was created, the four creators were given enormous power in the universe but they imagined themselves as independent creators and quickly began to act against the will of God and engendered a multitude of demons in the cosmos. Three of them have already returned to the plan of God and one, Satan, still persists along with the rest of the generated creatures.

God can not do evil because all beings are created in his likeness and at the level of God all beings and objects radiate light, therefore there can not be anything bad there. But moving away from light and light worlds, beings are more and more immersed in matter, which splits creates a multitude of opinions, religions, opposites that bear all that we see in the world -death, suffering, pain, confrontation of people, division into peoples and languages, loss of a holistic vision of the spirit, etc.

A lot of interesting theological ideas there.

That God is a 4 part God with the traditional three and the Enemy/Satan/Devil as the fourth part... That's an interesting idea that I'll think about.

You are mixing up Good v Evil and Light v Darkness. Satan is the most Evil of entities, yet is also probably one of the Brightest. Evil can hide in Darkness, but it also can bling you with brightness/light. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coil said:

O son of Påthä, know that I am the original seed of all existences, the intelligence of the intelligent, and the prowess of all powerful men.

Know that all states of being—be they of goodness, passion or ignorance—are manifested by My energy. I am, in one sense, everything, but Iam independent. I am not under the modes of material nature, for they, on the contrary, are within Me.

Deluded by the three modes [goodness, passion and ignorance], the whole world does not know Me, who am above the modes and inexhaustible.This divine energy of Mine, consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto Me can easily cross beyond it.

Those miscreants who are grossly foolish, who are lowest among mankind,whose knowledge is stolen by illusion, and who partake of the atheistic nature of demons do not surrender unto Me.

Bhagavad-gita, chapter 7(10-15)

My Interest is Piqued.

What do you do..?

Do you work with energy, Do you know about Duality and More?

Please, may I ask?.....

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I can't and I won't. He offers me nothing but contempt. Deep down somewhere inside I get the feeling that he's a sad lonely old man. Trying to relive and exaggerated the "good old days".

Have you watched Kill Bill? Pei Mai offered the Bride (Uma Thurman) nothing but contempt, but she learned a lot from him. 

I'm usually only insulted if I allow myself to be insulted. Mostly, I just laugh off people who I think are being annoying/insulting/arrogant/insulting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Have you watched Kill Bill? Pei Mai offered the Bride (Uma Thurman) nothing but contempt, but she learned a lot from him. 

I'm usually only insulted if I allow myself to be insulted. Mostly, I just laugh off people who I think are being annoying/insulting/arrogant/insulting.

My reason are a bit different from general annoyance. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

It is and It will Be..

This Violent God, is not the Real God..

Nature and Love is... All that is good in the world, is the real God..

This idiot, is just that an idiot..

Its time to have a BIG FAT LAUGH IN HIS FACE...

HAHAHAHA!!!

I DO......

And You can too... Its easy...

But... If God isn't violent, and never was, and does include what isn't good....

Then who is responsible for the evil/violence/death in the world? And is that being more powerful then, than God? Because otherwise couldn't God prevent the wrongs from happening?

I respect wanting God to be only goodness, but that is naivety given what the world seems to hand out almost every single day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

My reason are a bit different from general annoyance. 

Fair enough. :tu:

(I just noticed that your avatar is rubbing the butter around. HA! Cool!.)

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

I don't make that judgement and i don't see myself in those terms. i judge myself only against myself.   It is interesting that others have this perception of  comparative inferiority/superiority  maybe because the y were brought up to be competitive and to compare their achievements and lives with others.

I seek to be all that i can be, and do all that i ca do    My deepest opinion on this is that all humans are connected as one  not rivals or competitors but  part of a greater whole, and that i a an operating as part of that greater whole,

it is my job to contribute the most and the best that i can to that whole.   What others do and how the y see themselves is up to them  Of course there are some undeniable objective truths. A lot of habits attitudes and behaviours do harm to people and to the fabric of a society.    These should be  prevented and humans don't really have a right to harm themselves or others UNLESS the y bear the total emotional and financial cost for that  harm  

Some things are right because they are constructive and produce beneficial results Some things are bad because the y are destructive/harmful and cause   negative impacts. 

It is not that my ideas are walker centic.  It is that there  IS a certain ethical set of standards which is most productive and i choose to live by them. They are not MY standards but those of past philosophers and spiritual leaders   I think what happens is that others are really judging themselves when they read how i live, and comparing themselves to me. 

if you are a person who believes in comparative or relative moralities, and that every one has a right to live as they choose, then of course a lot of my views will upset and even anger you.  I see humans as social animals, who need their society to survive, and thus have a prior duty to behave in ways which protect and strengthen their community  If you wish to live entirely free then you MUST live alone.  Otherwise your desire for freedom of behaviour  impacts on the freedoms of others to behave as they wish to.  

hammer claw i don't know you well enough to  pass judgement on you or to rank you as inferior or superior to me, But even if i did know you well enough  i don't think  of people like that. I see all peole as equal but t hat some make more of their lives than others for many reasons. I dont see a judge as superior to the criminal in the dock  as a human being. although clearly one will have a far better life than the other  It would be the criminal i invited into our home, because he might have need of a friend or some help  in his life 

IMO it is yOU who is judging your self against the stories of my life and for some reason this is making you feel inferior   All I can say is don't   I don't know you, but you are human, and thus of equal worth, and value, to me and to anyone else.  

Actually, I hardly pay attention to or read them. It's when they're reposted,repeatedly by various,and sundry, outraged by something you said, that I take notice. I think you're probably a decent bloke, too, you just don't know when to think twice and say nothing.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, third_eye said:

Sorry then ... I ain't buying and I'm sure I don't want any of it ... even if you're giving ...

~

Awww, not even, chocolate... Lol

How bout a pitch fork..

I have an assortment of colours to suit ya...?

Interested??    Lol..

You are a Master of words, I love it...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Ah but shearapy is incapable of believing the more unusual aspects of that autobiography.

Also, she is looking at  my life through her own eyes and perceptions,  which leads her into errors

The classic example was in how she insisted that my parents were abusers because they used corporal punishment on us.

She was judging through the experience of her own childhood and her own mother. which constructed a strongly held emotional view on ALL  corporal punishment of children 

My parents were absolute loving, and made great sacrifices for we children. They   never lost their temper, never  used hostile language, never put us down (and never gave false or undeserved praise  only genuine priase for hard won achievements) .  But they made and enforced rules of behaviour which we all knew and understood, and reinforced those behaviours through rewards and punishments.  It was not arbitrary, emotional, or hurtful,  but a negotiated and accepted (by all of us)  system of punishing behaviours not the child. and, in return,  we loved our parents and  honoured, respected, and valued them all the days of their lives. 

I was very hurt by sherapy calling my parents abusers, until i read about her own upbringing and her relationship with her own mother, and then i understood WHY she held that view of my parents, totally wrong though it was. 

Gee, Wally, you hurt people here, all the time, innocently expressing your honest opinion. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. No one appreciates being back-handed "for their own good." Even just verbally.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

But... If God isn't violent, and never was, and does include what isn't good....

Then who is responsible for the evil/violence/death in the world? And is that being more powerful then, than God? Because otherwise couldn't God prevent the wrongs from happening?

I respect wanting God to be only goodness, but that is naivety given what the world seems to hand out almost every single day.

Not naïveté, Awareness..

The Evil, The System..

Rules, regulations, control, lies, confusion, all that is wrong, stems from systematic ruling....

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Ah but shearapy is incapable of believing the more unusual aspects of that autobiography.

Also, she is looking at  my life through her own eyes and perceptions,  which leads her into errors

The classic example was in how she insisted that my parents were abusers because they used corporal punishment on us.

She was judging through the experience of her own childhood and her own mother. which constructed a strongly held emotional view on ALL  corporal punishment of children 

My parents were absolute loving, and made great sacrifices for we children. They   never lost their temper, never  used hostile language, never put us down (and never gave false or undeserved praise  only genuine priase for hard won achievements) .  But they made and enforced rules of behaviour which we all knew and understood, and reinforced those behaviours through rewards and punishments.  It was not arbitrary, emotional, or hurtful,  but a negotiated and accepted (by all of us)  system of punishing behaviours not the child. and, in return,  we loved our parents and  honoured, respected, and valued them all the days of their lives. 

I was very hurt by sherapy calling my parents abusers, until i read about her own upbringing and her relationship with her own mother, and then i understood WHY she held that view of my parents, totally wrong though it was. 

Based on your autobiographical details of the childhood you shared and then recommending it as a superior method based on how "you turned out "being caned repeatedly till college age and many other things you posted about your life; I did conclude your childhood was abusive. 

But, you do not see it that way and in the end that is what matters to you as it should be. 

I have faced and transcended the abuse of my childhood and have gone on to live a life of love and fullness, I have raised 3 amazing men in non violence this is my legacy, not what you think as it should be. 

No offense, but it will be a cold day in hell that I will believe you are a man who actually does anything but give lip service to does no harm in his life while at the same time advocates corporal punishment on a precious child. Shame on you. 

I gave nothing more to say on the matter. Do not respond. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

It is true that the world is full of purposeless things happening to people, and it does seem like a cop out when people say, "We live in a fallen world". And then say that God should be able to fix things, and why would God allow such things to happen. 

I'm of the opinion that if we do assume God is real, then He has such a view of everything that what we see is only the millionth... the billionth... that He sees and so we can't understand the puzzle of the universe and Life, as He does. 

Just because we can't, with thirty seconds thought, come up with a reason why something was allowed to happen, doesn't mean it doesn't have a reason.

Have you never had to make a choice between something horrible, and something slightly less horrible? Yet, both are horrible. And  you had to make one of the horrible choices.

I know that would imply that God then is limited and unable to make everyone healthy, happy, safe, all the time. But that then feeds back into our having (The illusion?) of Free Will. 

So to eliminate pain, hardship, death... God would have to remove Free Will.

At least that's how I see it.

Yes, at times  I have had to choose between worse and worst and I have chosen worst to have things turn out better than I even imagined. Or I have chosen worst out of compassion and discovered aspects of myself that I didn't know I had, and I have chosen worst knowing full well it was even gonna get worse and then deeply regretted wasting my life in retrospect, the time I couldn't get back. 

I am not sure your intended point with this question, but we do agree life sucks at times and while I don't credit a god or blame one --one way or the other,  I accept life on its terms and am glad to be living mine, for all the bad, there is a lot of good too. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Gee, Wally, you hurt people here, all the time, innocently expressing your honest opinion. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. No one appreciates being back-handed "for their own good." Even just verbally.

And that i think, is the problem No one likes being told their behaviours cause  hurt or harm, yet every person has a responsibility to do exactly that IF the hurt and harm is real.

We have to learn to do what is right and necessary to combat harm, rather than  remain silent or be complicit, just to keep the peace, or remain popular.

I am responsible for the INTENT of my words but cannot be responsible for how others perceive them, as i cannot know or understand how another will feel or react .

One can do nothing else but innocently  express an honest opinion ie a truth,  but one must not express a truth DESIGNED to hurt or harm.

AND yet ,  one must express it, even knowing it will cause hurt or harm, if it Is necessary  to prevent a greater or more physical harm.  

57 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Based on your autobiographical details of the childhood you shared and then recommending it as a superior method based on how "you turned out "being caned repeatedly till college age and many other things you posted about your life; I did conclude your childhood was abusive. 

But, you do not see it that way and in the end that is what matters to you as it should be. 

I have faced and transcended the abuse of my childhood and have gone on to live a life of love and fullness, I have raised 3 amazing men in non violence this is my legacy, not what you think as it should be. 

No offense, but it will be a cold day in hell that I will believe you are a man who actually does anything but give lip service to does no harm in his life while at the same time advocates corporal punishment on a precious child. Shame on you. 

I gave nothing more to say on the matter. Do not respond. 

You did more than that.  You specifically called my parents abusers. based on your own values and beliefs, and   a total lack of understanding of my own relationship with my parents   I don't mind too much what you call me but publicly naming two of the most  loving and compassionate parents, who NEVER lost control of  their tempers  or language,  was very hurtful .

It took me a long while to get over it, especially  since my father had just died and my mother was suffering from breast cancer    The problem arose from your lack of experience with a calm, rational, loving and compassionate parent, who used discipline to teach, enforce, and  to punish bad behaviours .

It is the classic example of how your own life prevents you from seeing that  other people have difernt values based on different experiences 

And to be honest it is something i remember because, in the last 40 years or so it is the only thing ever to have raised a feeling of anger in me, which i had to  work hard to  eliminate.   

I don't really care what you think of me, but as it happens i have never struck a child, or indeed anyone ,in anger in my life, and only  a handful of times  needed to use physical means to ensure the safety of a child.   I've never used physical punishment to discipline a child   but i know loving physical punishment does not necessarily do  harm  and is much better than no punishment for bad behaviour at all.   

32 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

You did more than that.  You specifically called my parents abusers. based on your own values and beliefs, and   a total lack of understanding of my own relationship with my parents   I don't mind too much what you call me but publicly naming two of the most  loving and compassionate parents, who NEVER lost control of  their tempers  or language,  was very hurtful .

It took me a long while to get over it, especially  since my father had just died and my mother was suffering from breast cancer    The problem arose from your lack of experience with a calm, rational, loving and compassionate parent, who used discipline to teach, enforce, and  to punish bad behaviours .

It is the classic example of how your own life prevents you from seeing that  other people have difernt values based on different experiences 

And to be honest it is something i remember because, in the last 40 years or so it is the only thing ever to have raised a feeling of anger in me, which i had to  work hard to  eliminate.   

I don't really care what you think of me, but as it happens i have never struck a child, or indeed anyone ,in anger in my life, and only  a handful of times  needed to use physical means to ensure the safety of a child.   I've never used physical punishment to discipline a child   but i know loving physical punishment does not necessarily do  harm  and is much better than no punishment for bad behaviour at all.   

First of all, quote the post of mine that supports your accusations. 

Secondly, If  I did call your parents abusers, you need to show me the  proof and context. 

Unless you can provide evidence that I said your childhood was abusive based on my childhood values and morals you are creating melodrama unfairly and it is off topic, and I will report you for it. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

And that i think, is the problem No one likes being told their behaviours cause  hurt or harm, yet every person has a responsibility to do exactly that IF the hurt and harm is real.

We have to learn to do what is right and necessary to combat harm, rather than  remain silent or be complicit, just to keep the peace, or remain popular.

I am responsible for the INTENT of my words but cannot be responsible for how others perceive them, as i cannot know or understand how another will feel or react .

One can do nothing else but innocently  express an honest opinion ie a truth,  but one must not express a truth DESIGNED to hurt or harm.

AND yet ,  one must express it, even knowing it will cause hurt or harm, if it Is necessary  to prevent a greater or more physical harm.  

Do not pretend that you do not speak with malice we have spoken to you many times about your veiled slurs. You feign innocence and make much ado about you and how others are your inferiors and speak out only to discredit you.

jmccr9

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

MW, you are off topic, inappropriate and trolling. PM is for personal beefs and vendettas you have. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

What about the times you had it out with students was that you being a loving and controlled disciplinairian?

jmccr8

• Like 3

• The topic was locked