Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Ozymandias

Last time God intervened in the World?

705 posts in this topic

Space Commander Travis
3 hours ago, Sherapy said:

MW, you are off topic, inappropriate and trolling.

How does that differ from most of the last ten pages or so of this thread which, while potentially interesting, you have to skim through pages and pages of irrelevant bickering and squabbling and people piling up on one particular poster to get to any matter of interest?

XenoFish
4 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

How does that differ from most of the last ten pages or so of this thread which, while potentially interesting, you have to skim through pages and pages of irrelevant bickering and squabbling and people piling up on one particular poster to get to any matter of interest?

God? Is that you? Have you come to get the thread back on topic?

• Like 2

MauriOra
9 hours ago, third_eye said:

No thank you ... cocoa please ... :yes:

~

No thank you. I'm off duty now ... ;)

~

Oh good heavens no ... heavens forbid

I've just been around the block more times than many believes ...

THe CHinese has that adage ... 'Old hand' ... yeah ...  better :)

~

And the Maori my bro...

We got the ad age too

• Like 1

Sherapy
9 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

That is a flawed analogy  A person must do that which is right and ethical or moral, and which will produced the best physical results for the most people  Humans have the capacity to know what things will cause physical harm and which will not .

However the EFFECTS on people of words etc depends entirely on how that  person takes or perceives the words  And one cannot be responsible for the effects, only for the intent.

So if i tell my wife she is gaining weight, and needs to exercise, and have the intent of helping her by improving her health and fitness,  it is not my fault if she takes it as an insult and thinks it was a criticism 

Suppose i said nothing and she continues to put on weight and eventually has cardio problems resulting in a stroke or heart attack  Then I AM responsible because i could foresee that as as a likely result and did nothing to prevent it  

I don't speak without consideration, which might, in your eyes, make my words even worse. I speak truths which will help people   i can do  no more than this ie i cant compel them into safer behaviours but equally I cant be held responsible for how the y respond to truths  Indeed i MUST not be silenced by consideration of their feelings  IF being silent would do more harm. 

Absolutely  i have a right and a duty to point out to people when they harm themselves and others More than that, i have a duty to do so. And more than that  in extremes  i have a duty and responsibility to physically STOP them putting themselves or others a t risk by their behaviours  So if i know a man is beating his wife the i MUST take action to stop this  If i know a woman is too drunk to drive i MUST stop her form doing so  The only question /dilemma is how to do these things legally and safely.

You have the same right and duty, but if you chose not to use it, you are abrogating your responsibly perhaps for peace of mind or convenience And you must bear the responsibility when your failure to warn or to act  results in harm.  

And not only would i expect, i would demand, that i be prevented from harming others

If i were likely to harm another i would present myself to the police to be taken into custody. I have spent my life learning to be in control of my behaviours so that i will NEVER hurt another person through loss of control.

If someone knew i was, for example, eating or drinking something which would harm me i would expect them to tell me and I'd be very annoyed if they failed to do so, resulting in harm to me, over time.

Revenge is stupid and a non productive emotional response 

No one has ever sought revenge on me for anything because i don't treat people badly. I would avoid attempts at revenge either through intelligent responses or preparedness. 

I reap what ti sow every day, and thus my life is good, because i sow only good :) 

You are half right. I actually learned formal etiquette and good behaviour, but I also learned that certain ethics, moralities, and practicalities, outweigh such etiquette. Neither my parents, nor my wife have any tolerance for lies, half truths, prevarications, or  answers so tactful they serve no purpose, or even mislead.    

For me: you do not understand the scope of do no harm. If you tell your wife she is overweight and needs to lose weight it doesn't matter if your intent is for her own good, She will not see it this way and you ( general) will be seen as the holier than thou jerk you are not "intending" to be. 

You ( general) do not have the right to tell adults what is best for them, natural consequences will or won't speak to them, that is their right like it or not. Look on the bright side: It can be an opportunity for you ( general)  to grow beyond being so judgmental. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

Saru
8 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

pages and pages of irrelevant bickering and squabbling and people piling up on one particular poster

^^ I think this pretty sums up why there is little point in keeping this thread going.

Members are reminded, yet again, not to make things personal - either use the 'ignore' feature or hit the 'report' button if there's a problem.

Closed.

• Like 2