Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

German man avoids traffic by swimming to work

UM-Bot

He has it all figured out!

• Like 1

How does he get home?  He certainly can't swing against that current.  Also, is says no swimming so I wonder why?  Pollution, garbage etc.?    If the water isn't very clean  I wonder what the guy smells like when he dries off?

realities of our ridiculous so called civillisation and progress. We created super smart technology and machines to enhance speed and safety, but of course the landscape and infrastructure remained the same. what's the purpose for building vehicles ready to go 200 km an hour safely while you limit speed to 60 km /hour and build 50 stop lights in 10km

• Like 2

19 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

realities of our ridiculous so called civillisation and progress. We created super smart technology and machines to enhance speed and safety, but of course the landscape and infrastructure remained the same. what's the purpose for building vehicles ready to go 200 km an hour safely while you limit speed to 60 km /hour and build 50 stop lights in 10km

Cars will not do 200km/h "safely" if driven by an idiot. 

We put 50 stop lights in 10km to maintain safety, control and order.

Have you seen russian driving videos? Don't think they have a highway code there. If they do, no one follows the rules. 

What would a town be like if every one did 200km/h? I wouldn't want to be a pedestrian let alone a driver.

6 hours ago, Redefining Success said:

We put 50 stop lights in 10km to maintain safety, control and order.

Have you seen russian driving videos? Don't think they have a highway code there. If they do, no one follows the rules. 

What would a town be like if every one did 200km/h? I wouldn't want to be a pedestrian let alone a driver.

Non sense, the number of accidents have statistically increased in Ontario after speed limit was reduced. Many accidents are commited by novelty drivers.Speed is not even in top 5. Those who respect 1001 regulation but omit one very important which can cost their lives or others. 

Edited by qxcontinuum

7 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

tell that to those few retards who drove their car in a swamp just because the gps indicated straight line ahead. 

Many ppl act like sheep in this distrophian hyper complex society and law makers love it to be this way! 

Hmm.  SO let's puzzle out the latest gibberish from QX.,.  His original complaint/argument/gibberish was this

"realities of our ridiculous so called civillisation and progress. We created super smart technology and machines to enhance speed and safety, but of course the landscape and infrastructure remained the same. what's the purpose for building vehicles ready to go 200 km an hour safely while you limit speed to 60 km /hour and build 50 stop lights in 10km"

Nonsensical and completely off the topic as usual  but to defend his complaint/argument/gibberish with the following "

tell that to those few retards who drove their car in a swamp just because the gps indicated straight line ahead. 

Many ppl act like sheep in this distrophian (sic) hyper complex society and law makers love it to be this way!

So I guess since there is swamps we shouldn't use GPS?  WHat does this have to do with a guy avoiding traffic by swimming to work?  :rofl:

On 13.8.2017 at 0:42 AM, Merc14 said:

How does he get home?  He certainly can't swing against that current.  Also, is says no swimming so I wonder why?  Pollution, garbage etc.?    If the water isn't very clean  I wonder what the guy smells like when he dries off?

It's not a commercial river, i.e. there won't be any huge ships going down. Actually, the river had been restored to a more natural look a few years back, and is now believed to be the cleanest river inside a municipality throughout Europe. It's a common bathing spot for the people of Munich. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

It's not a commercial river, i.e. there won't be any huge ships going down. Actually, the river had been restored to a more natural look a few years back, and is now believed to be the cleanest river inside a municipality throughout Europe. It's a common bathing spot for the people of Munich. 

But he would have to swim against that very swift current so he either walks home or takes the bus I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

But he would have to swim against that very swift current so he either walks home or takes the bus I guess.

Yup, he doesn't swim home. In all reports it only states how he swim to work, not home.

16 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

Non sense, the number of accidents have statistically increased in Ontario after speed limit was reduced. Many accidents are commited by novelty drivers.Speed is not even in top 5. Those who respect 1001 regulation but omit one very important which can cost their lives or others. 

And your point is what? 

Omitting any rule can cause harm or death.

Stick a granny in a car and tell her to go 200km/h, stick a learner in a Ferrari. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Redefining Success said:

Maybe the speed of civilization should not be Governed by the very stupidest people on the planet.

And for this guy.... hasn't he ever heard of a collapsible Kayak?

anatomyKayak.jpg

And if you want to go low-visibility ....

Napali-Transparent-Folding-Kayak-by-Clea

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Redefining Success said:

And your point is what? 

Omitting any rule can cause harm or death.

Stick a granny in a car and tell her to go 200km/h, stick a learner in a Ferrari. 

depending of the car. you may discover that since the learner is terrified by knowing he is driving a beast, will drive it gently and carefully while the granny in a nissan would probably willing to test its limit. This is not an actual joke and i am not being cinic. 

My point is traffic is slow because of speed limits imposed unnecessarily under the pretex of safety.  The true reason is of course financial. speed tickets bring good revenue. 

Edited by qxcontinuum

It's about national character. If this was in Australia, the dude would have skipped work and swam to the pub. 

• Like 2

Just now, Captain Risky said:

It's about national character. If this was in Australia, the dude would have skipped work and swam to the pub. 

Dont you mean the dude would have skipped work and gotten eaten by something while swimming to the pub? :lol:

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Dont you mean the dude would have skipped work and gotten eaten by something while swimming to the pub? :lol:

Yes we are very brave. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Maybe the speed of civilization should not be Governed by the very stupidest people on the planet.

And for this guy.... hasn't he ever heard of a collapsible Kayak?

anatomyKayak.jpg

And if you want to go low-visibility ....

Napali-Transparent-Folding-Kayak-by-Clea

I would kayak to work if I had the chance lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Well, this guy owns a beach bar. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

depending of the car. you may discover that since the learner is terrified by knowing he is driving a beast, will drive it gently and carefully while the granny in a nissan would probably willing to test its limit. This is not an actual joke and i am not being cinic. 

My point is traffic is slow because of speed limits imposed unnecessarily under the pretex of safety.  The true reason is of course financial. speed tickets bring good revenue. 

I like how you labelled the learner and "he" and the more experienced driver a she. 

What utter elephant pizzle. 

Soon as I passed my test, that was it, let's see how fast I can get, as it was with pretty much all of my mates. 

Do you really think everyone has the reaction speed and awareness to spot a hazard and take action at 200km/h? 

No, speed limits are there to cover an average ability spectrum, it's a minimum standard and depending on the chances of hazards appearing, ie a pedestrian stepping out, the speed limits are there to protect everyone. 

Chances of a child following a ball on the highway - minimal = 70mph speed limit

Chances of a child following a ball in a suburban street - high = 20mph speed limit

• Like 1