Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Man lost in the outback buries himself in sand

12 posts in this topic

EBE Hybrid
21 minutes ago, Calibeliever said:

Survival 101: when faced with an emergency situation, immediately pick a fight with each other then separate. 

The couple had clearly never watched a movie involving teenagers, the woods or a theme park owner!

Glad the story had a successful outcome though

• Like 4

Calibeliever
14 minutes ago, EBE Hybrid said:

The couple had clearly never watched a movie involving teenagers, the woods or a theme park owner!

Glad the story had a successful outcome though

It's astonishing how many people in horror movies have clearly never watched a horror movie!

• Like 3

Codenwarra

Yet another case where people leave a stuck vehicle, these two were lucky to be found alive. Never leave the car, it's bigger than you are and easier to see from a search aircraft.

• Like 4

Nzo

I have to remember this if I ever get lost in some desert. What an ingeniuous idea.  I wonder how deep you have to go? And I assume all manner of poisonous creature is now crawling near or on you.

pallidin

I think he was trying to hide from his girlfriend in case she came back.

:o

• Like 4

Parsec
16 hours ago, Nzo said:

I have to remember this if I ever get lost in some desert. What an ingeniuous idea.  I wonder how deep you have to go? And I assume all manner of poisonous creature is now crawling near or on you.

Yeah, that's exactly my thoughts. 

It did work for him, but I would have my reserves. Maybe because it was only during nighttime and crawlers are usually day creatures? 

• Like 1

Buzz_Light_Year

Bear Grylls LOL! He's lucky he didn't succumb to the elements. Now Les Hiddens aka "The Bush Tucker Man" would have been a perfect one to emulate.

Codenwarra
On 8/17/2017 at 1:52 AM, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Bear Grylls LOL! He's lucky he didn't succumb to the elements. Now Les Hiddens aka "The Bush Tucker Man" would have been a perfect one to emulate.

I would like to see Mr Grylls dumped in some places in Australia and see how long he lasts.  The Barkly Tableland near the Queensland, NT border might do.  No surface water for 40 km in any direction.  The Nullarbor Plain is another good spot.  

• Like 1

Hammerclaw

I'm glad the Jawas found him  instead of the Sand People.                                                    EP4_KEY_37_R-1280x864.jpg

tmcom
On 8/21/2017 at 1:13 PM, Hammerclaw said:

I'm glad the Jawas found him  instead of the Sand People.                                                    EP4_KEY_37_R-1280x864.jpg

Especially the one eyed ones!

:whistle:

• Like 1