Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feds seek info on those who oppose Trump

Farmer77

Federal prosecutors pursue information on Trump opponents

A web hosting provider is fighting back against a search warrant that it claims would require them to turn over information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Donald Trump, according to court filings first published on the company's blog Monday.

DreamHost, the web provider in question, said in the post that it has "been working with the Department of Justice to comply with legal process" for months, but federal prosecutors in DC are seeking "all records" related to the website disruptj20.org, which organized protests against the Trump administration in January.

The warrant includes "all files" in DreamHost's possession, as well as information on "subscribers" to distruptj20.org and information on those who "participated, planned, organized, or incited" the January protests.

The warrant is sealed so we don't even know why the warrant was issued but this could be bad news for Americans. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

Just now, aztek said:

yes, bad news for some Americans, 

No dude for ALL Americans. Once the government begins (continues?) down the road of persecuting the voice of the opposition theres no turning back. 

I haven't heard of that organization. I wonder what the reasons are that they're looking at it, specifically. 

Just now, aztek said:

voice of opposition my a$$, those are calls for violence, riots, and racial hatred,

Some maybe but should the rights of all be infringed upon as a result of the actions of some? 

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Some maybe but should the rights of all be infringed upon as a result of the actions of some? 

as a gun owner i say it is an excellent question

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, aztek said:

voice of opposition my a$$, those are calls for violence, riots, and racial hatred,

The hypocrisy level is so astounding that it's actually funny. 

So...they should look into these people, but not those others over there? 

• Like 2

It seems to me that not all groups are alike. There are those that try to get all the right permits and tell people to cross with the lights, and be respectful. And then there are others.

If they're promoting violence, I don't care what "side" they claim they're on. 

If they're not promoting violence, they should be left alone, because organizing a protest isn't a crime. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

The hypocrisy level is so astounding that it's actually funny. 

So...they should look into these people, but not those others over there? 

what makes you think they did not look into others? they are looking at anyone who is inciting riots, and violence,  vast majority of that is done by anti trump crowd.  

• Like 3

Just now, aztek said:

what makes you think they did not look into others? they are looking at anyone who is inciting riots, and violence,  vast majority of that is done by anti trump crowd.  

Well the anti trump crowd is the vast majority so that kinda makes sense :D

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well the anti trump crowd is the vast majority so that kinda makes sense :D

then feds have plenty of work to do.

Edited by aztek

Just now, aztek said:

than feds have plenty of work to do.

Funny how youre a fan of totalitarianism when its against those you disagree with. 

• Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

This is where you drop off the deep end. 

You can find extremism anywhere, but you have to look farther away on either end of the spectrum. 

The average Democrat isn't a would-be terrorist any more than the average Republican is. You have to look at extreme groups like the anarchists and Antifa. Or at the KKK and the neo-nazi groups. 

There are some out there on both sides. There's even one called By any means, or something like that. If this is one of them, then it deserves a look-see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Funny how youre a fan of totalitarianism when its against those you disagree with. 

Now, we need the feds. Before, he was ready to disband them. Lol. 

• Like 2

Just now, ChaosRose said:

This is where you drop off the deep end. 

You can find extremism anywhere, but you have to look farther away on either end of the spectrum. 

The average Democrat isn't a would-be terrorist any more than the average Republican is. You have to look at extreme groups like the anarchists and Antifa. Or at the KKK and the neo-nazi groups. 

There are some out there on both sides. There's even one called By any means, or something like that. If this is one of them, then it deserves a look-see. 

i'm looking at those that does most damage, and it is not pro trump people,   i'm talking about antifa and alike when i say anti trump crowd, not every single person who did not vote for trump.

no need to look far there is plenty right under our nose, 

I was watching a protest unfolding once, and it was being streamed. Anyone could see that there were essentially two protests going on during the same time. One group was following the rules, had a permit and was behaving. The other group's organizer deliberately did not get a permit and was purposely having their people block roadways. And wouldn't you know it, people got hurt and arrested. 

Only one report got it right and actually acknowledged that there were two different groups. 

All I'm saying is that it's easy for people to get lumped together, even if they don't have the same agendas. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Now, we need the feds. Before, he was ready to disband them. Lol. 

yes, disband them, we have plenty of agencies, btw it is not fbi that is asking, but federal prosecutors, not same thing,

Just now, aztek said:

i'm looking at those that does most damage, and it is not pro trump people,   i'm talking about antifa and alike when i say anti trump crowd, not every single person who did not vote for trump.

no need to look far there is plenty right under our nose, 

Again, you're just cherry-picking.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. And it comes to a point where you look at the news and there aren't any "good guys" anymore. 

1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

I was watching a protest unfolding once, and it was being streamed. Anyone could see that there were essentially two protests going on during the same time. One group was following the rules, had a permit and was behaving. The other group's organizer deliberately did not get a permit and was purposely having their people block roadways. And wouldn't you know it, people got hurt and arrested. 

Only one report got it right and actually acknowledged that there were two different groups. 

All I'm saying is that it's easy for people to get lumped together, even if they don't have the same agendas. 

but the group that  did not get a permit and was purposely having their people block roadways was anti trump, wasn't it?

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Again, you're just cherry-picking.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. And it comes to a point where you look at the news and there aren't any "good guys" anymore. 

i guess i am, if all that falls are cherries,

Edited by aztek

Just now, aztek said:

but the group that  did not get a permit and was purposely having their people block roadways was anti trump, wasn't it?

And...he misses the point, entirely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

And...he misses the point, entirely.

i got your point loud and clear, yes not all create stink and problems, but was that another group an  anti trump group, or not? 

Edited by aztek

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

i got your point loud and clear, yes not all create stink and problems, but was that another group an  anti trump group, or not? 

I'm trying to figure out whether or not it was the May Day protests. I think it was after that, but I'm not sure. I don't think it was specifically anti-Trump. There were so many going on at that time, and it doesn't really matter if it was. The point I'm making is that there are often elements within groups that have differing agendas. 

A protest on either side can start out peaceful, and then the crazies show up and you've got an instant **** show.