Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feds seek info on those who oppose Trump

Farmer77

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

This has been going on long before Trump. These are local issues we've been dealing with for years. Almost our entire tourist industry has depended on Civil War memorials and history for years. To wipe it all out would be a loss of jobs for a great many people including blacks. To pretend it didn't happen and destroy any and all evidence of it is ludicrous.

Here's a novel idea. Hold local political referendums on whether or not local people want the Confederate memorials. The statues would stay or go based on their votes. That ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The outsiders would not come to the locations. There would be no hateful and violent clashes between rabble-rousers and troublemakers. The national divisions would not be as plentiful due to less media hype. Lives might be saved! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashotep said:

I wonder how many would be against them turning over all records if we were talking about the neo Nazis.  Disruptj20 doesn't sound any better.  They did more than protest, people were hurt and businesses destroyed.  I can see why the feds would be interested in them. 

http://projectveritas.com/disruptj20-exposed/

http://www.vocativ.com/393923/disruptj20-donald-trump-inauguration-protest-activists-washington-dc/

I can't stand Antifa, but I disagree with this proposal that sets a terrible precedent. It violates the First Amendment and the Fourth Amendment. It chills speech while it targets speakers, and it's overreaching in its scope. I long for a libertarian Attorney General.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I can't stand Antifa, but I disagree with this proposal that sets a terrible precedent. It violates the First Amendment and the Fourth Amendment. It chills speech while it targets speakers, and it's overreaching in its scope. I long for a libertarian Attorney General.

ok, fair enough, but what would you suggest we do about them? we can't just let it slide, can we?

I'm not sure (I'm no lawyer) but if a group is advocating terrorism then wouldn't the Patriot Act kick in and these groups could be investigated for domestic terrorism?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

the article title is bait and switch,  it is not about those who oppose trump,  not in lawful kind of way.

Kinda knew that the moment I saw the excerpt. But hey, some legal firm got tons of free advertising. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

I'm not sure (I'm no lawyer) but if a group is advocating terrorism then wouldn't the Patriot Act kick in and these groups could be investigated for domestic terrorism?

One would HOPE so....

There is also a little saying in counter-intelligence; When everyone is under surveillance, nobody is.

I'd like to see the whole thing about why the want everyone's IP. What was on that website. But it might be something like this: Trump became the leader of the Government they possible plotted against and to overthrow, but I really don't know. Just a maybe

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; July 24, 1956, ch. 678, § 2, 70 Stat. 623; Pub. L. 87–486, June 19, 1962, 76 Stat. 103; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(N), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

5 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Here's a novel idea. Hold local political referendums on whether or not local people want the Confederate memorials. The statues would stay or go based on their votes. That ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The outsiders would not come to the locations. There would be no hateful and violent clashes between rabble-rousers and troublemakers. The national divisions would not be as plentiful due to less media hype. Lives might be saved! 

Tennessee and other southern states have laws against removing Civil War memorial monuments. Although, it didn't stop the vandalism and destruction of the one in North Carolina yesterday. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

You do make a good point. I have fallen a little too far into the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thought process. 

I view Trump and pretty much all that he represents (truly represents, not necessarily the campaign hyperbole,some of that I actually agreed with) as the largest threat the average American citizen has faced in my lifetime so I have become myopic to an extent. 

Ill take this opportunity to condemn the vandals who illegally destroyed those monuments and call for them to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. 

Lol dude Obama was spying on elected officials, and Supreme Court judges. Why weren't you screaming about the sky falling then? The largest threat to the average America just left office. Apparently having done several horrible things you are not even aware of. 

The TPP, and the Paris screw job alone where a far worse threat then anything Trump has come up with. Heck he saved our collective asses kicking them out the door 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Lol dude Obama was spying on elected officials, and Supreme Court judges. Why weren't you screaming about the sky falling then? The largest threat to the average America just left office. Apparently having done several horrible things you are not even aware of. 

The TPP, and the Paris screw job alone where a far worse threat then anything Trump has come up with. Heck he saved our collective asses kicking them out the door 

Oh i was screaming about the sky falling then. Things however have become much much worse.  Now we have taken the spying infrastructure Obama and Bush developed and put it into the hands of not only a complete buffoon and pathological liar with no concept of reality and no grasp on what real life is like but also in to the hands of corporate raiders who have zero interest in the welfare of the majority of Americans as they aggressively pursue profits while ignoring the plight of the American people. 

I think this girl should be monitored. She is a self proclaimed communist and antifa.

https://wdef.com/2017/08/15/chattanooga-group-planning-rally-thursday/

At the bottom of the article there is a facebook post asking for people not to bring their kids and if they have a gun permit to bring their guns. She is one of the people organizing this protest.

Edited by Michelle

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh i was screaming about the sky falling then. Things however have become much much worse.  Now we have taken the spying infrastructure Obama and Bush developed and put it into the hands of not only a complete buffoon and pathological liar with no concept of reality and no grasp on what real life is like but also in to the hands of corporate raiders who have zero interest in the welfare of the majority of Americans as they aggressively pursue profits while ignoring the plight of the American people. 

Smh. 

Dude we have a group of people who cause violence and mayhem everywhere they go. People who directly claim to be communists. Who should have been labeled a terror organization back when Berkeley happened. Of course the Feds are gonna look into them. Heck if what you believe is true, we also have a group of literal kkk nazis.  Who's leader happens to have ties to Obama and occupy Wall Street, but that's besides the point. How is looking into these people dangerous for me again?

I noticed yesterday you said you have been holding back calling Trump racist till then. I see that just happens to coincide with all left wing fake lying media doing the same, at the same exact time. How can you not see how you are being led like a sheep?Really man, it's pathetic. Like mind boggling pathetic. I'm not even saying you should like the guy, but to willfully swallow every talking point as they arise. 

I don't know what's worse, the fact that is happening, or the fact that you refuse to even see it. Is there anything CNN can't convince you of?

Just now, preacherman76 said:

. How is looking into these people dangerous for me again?

Because they're not looking into just those people. They're looking into everyone who ever went to that site. Theres a huge difference. 

I noticed yesterday you said you have been holding back calling Trump racist till then. I see that just happens to coincide with all left wing fake lying media doing the same, at the same exact time. How can you not see how you are being led like a sheep?Really man, it's pathetic. Like mind boggling pathetic. I'm not even saying you should like the guy, but to willfully swallow every talking point as they arise. 

Actually ironic you said that as a foxnews contributor damn near quoted me in her response to the whole thing I noticed that Trump was using the exact same whataboutism argument in his presser yesterday as many on here. Made me think about more esoteric things like how throughout history technological advancements came seemingly spontaneously from two people at the same time. 

Anyways no I didnt need the media to tell me that Trump completed the picture of a racist with his response and you shouldnt either. Hell I hadnt even commented on YESTERDAY's **** show. The dude full on declared himself a racist sympathizer yesterday. 

I don't know what's worse, the fact that is happening, or the fact that you refuse to even see it. Is there anything CNN can't convince you of?

Thats just a weak attempt at an attack preacherman. You know what I did first thing after responding to your post this morning? Sat down and watched foxnews' coverage of the issue for a good half an hour (which is about as much time as I spend truly focusing on any news broadcast) and you know what? Trump is still a racist. 

Edited by Farmer77

I'm not trying to attack you Farm. I'm hoping beyond all odds that I can talk you down from the roof. 

I mean should we post everything Trump has said over the last couple of days? Please tell me exactly what he said that so throughly convinced you, cause I didn't see anything that remotely looks like what you claimed

I'm not trying to attack you Farm. I'm hoping beyond all odds that I can talk you down from the roof. 

I mean should we post everything Trump has said over the last couple of days? Please tell me exactly what he said that so throughly convinced you, cause I didn't see anything that remotely looks like what you claimed

You also had some very fine people on both sides

This is the huge one. Sorry man but from the moment of the torch march any pretense of that being a legitimate protest by legitimate people disappeared.  Very fine people dont emulate the nazis, very fine people dont chant racist slogans. 

“What about the alt-left that came charging at, as you say, at the alt-right?”

This is one of those that without the history could have been judged differently but considering his history the evocation of "whataboutism" really comes across as nothing more than a defense of his base voters. 

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

The bolded above describes at least 90% of our politicians.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

I think this girl should be monitored. She is a self proclaimed communist and antifa.

https://wdef.com/2017/08/15/chattanooga-group-planning-rally-thursday/

At the bottom of the article there is a Facebook post asking for people not to bring their kids and if they have a gun permit to bring their guns. She is one of the people organizing this protest.

Reminder that no Alt-Right rally, Freedom rally, Patriot rally or Free Speech rally became violent until ANTIFA/Alt Left/Communists/Counter protestors showed up and instigated violence. Including the Charlottesville rally.

Reminder that a large portion of Leftist counter protestors at each event has been comprised of women.

Women. Looking for "100 Nazi scalps" a fight with men. WHY

Spoiler

Because men and women are equal in every way and gender is social construct!

serveimage_url_https_s-media-cache-ak0.p

That kind of thinking got a young woman decked in the face at Berkley and another woman run over at Charlottesville. What business does a 90lb girl have taking sticks to fight actual Skinheads? None. But modern feminism has them believing they can literally go toe to toe with men and now they are becoming victims. It's all just gross.

• Like 2

Just now, Bama13 said:

The bolded above describes at least 90% of our politicians.

No argument there! 

• Like 1

"Damage control": Trump now names the activists involved in the violent Charlottesville rally last weekend: "I hate the alt-right, my biggest supporters in last year's campaign" and "I also hate the far left, they're violent and anti-government, although they hate racism and inequality". He finally named the people or groups involved: KKK, Neo-Nazis, White supremacists, militias and extremists...48 hours too late. Now he's after: Antifa, Black Lives Matter, communists, SJWs and anarchists, responsible for the same amount of violence and rioting. Mainstream liberals and conservatives were in the rally too, but I suppose they don't hate freedom and use violence to speak their minds on political issues. And it's no longer about whites vs blacks, it's more about left vs right and extreme vs mainstream.

3 minutes ago, Solipsi Rai said:

. Now he's after: Antifa, Black Lives Matter, communists, SJWs and anarchists, responsible for the same amount of violence and rioting. Mainstream liberals and conservatives were in the rally too, but I suppose they don't hate freedom and use violence to speak their minds on political issues. And it's no longer about whites vs blacks, it's more about left vs right and extreme vs mainstream.

yep, so?

he is 100% correct, kkk, AB .. are manageable minor diseases  that we managed for decades, they are noting but talk, until new illness developed,  that triggers them,  new groups like antifa blm,  are new diseases that rapidly progress like tumor, they have to be cut out fast before they infect the rest of the body. 

22 hours ago, aztek said:

ok, fair enough, but what would you suggest we do about them? we can't just let it slide, can we?

Classify them as a domestic terrorist organization. New Jersey does so now. Ban masks at protests and rallies. Challenge propagandists who ignore their crimes.

17 hours ago, Michelle said:

Tennessee and other southern states have laws against removing Civil War memorial monuments. Although, it didn't stop the vandalism and destruction of the one in North Carolina yesterday. 

How dumb does a person have to be to commit crimes right in front of the police? Do these idiots think that they'll get a pass since they're "on the right side of history"? They must think that all law enforcement officers are as dishonest and partisan as the MSM. For example, who reported the fact that these criminals were linked to communist groups?

10 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Reminder that no Alt-Right rally, Freedom rally, Patriot rally or Free Speech rally became violent until ANTIFA/Alt Left/Communists/Counter protestors showed up and instigated violence. Including the Charlottesville rally.

Reminder that a large portion of Leftist counter protestors at each event has been comprised of women.

Women. Looking for "100 Nazi scalps" a fight with men. WHY

Hide contents

Because men and women are equal in every way and gender is social construct!

serveimage_url_https_s-media-cache-ak0.p

That kind of thinking got a young woman decked in the face at Berkley and another woman run over at Charlottesville. What business does a 90lb girl have taking sticks to fight actual Skinheads? None. But modern feminism has them believing they can literally go toe to toe with men and now they are becoming victims. It's all just gross.

What if a female protester was armed??? and the man isn't??? Gender equality works when she has a gun. I respect women, but I don't view them as inferior. However, social rules say men shouldn't take on a woman, esp. out of hatred of women. If a man and woman can hold a fist fight competition, that's different. Men know they can't take down women, although I;m a thin-boned man...a big-boned woman could defeat me, then there's no excuse for me (male) to fight her.  

12 hours ago, Solipsi Rai said:

What if a female protester was armed??? and the man isn't??? Gender equality works when she has a gun.

it only works when 1 side has a gun,  so it is a bad example as far as equality, ,  but it is a great example of why we need second amendment and universal conceal carry, i have no doubt every rape victim would not mind having one that day,