Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

David Blaine

Dando Kast

Just watched David Blaines street magic special a couple nights ago... just wondering if anyone can explain a few things (like him biting the coin or the card stuck in the glass) it just seems to surreal to be "street magic". His levitation is what was really... different. If anybody has any thoughts let me know (or if there was already a thread you could direct me there).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MK ULTRA

• Chris_com28

• Engulf

• Dando Kast

Yes I'd like to know too!!

Insight? Any comments?

Interestingly enough, you'll find most of the information you desire just by clicking on some of the links directly above your opening post.

Focus on the fact that Blaine is a magician, there's much more involved than what you are allowed to 'see' in any of his programs.

Thankfully, it's difficult to find anyone with the knowledge or insight who would willingly give up another performers secrets openly, no matter how mis-guided or unrealistic someone else's perceptions may be.

MM

Thankfully, it's difficult to find anyone with the knowledge or insight who would willingly give up another performers secrets openly, no matter how mis-guided or unrealistic someone else's perceptions may be.

I'm glad this is the case actually...

Edited by Black Ops

Its trick of the mind, he is very good, although even I can pull off the levitation trick to some people, its all about how you position yourself, and hoist yourself up with one foot behind the other, it works, trust me

Its trick of the mind, he is very good, although even I can pull off the levitation trick to some people, its all about how you position yourself, and hoist yourself up with one foot behind the other, it works, trust me

439936[/snapback]

That one is really easy to pull off too. I can't remember, but he revealed most of his tricks like 5 or 6 years ago as a "masked man".

439936[/snapback]

That one is really easy to pull off too. I can't remember, but he revealed most of his tricks like 5 or 6 years ago as a "masked man".

441610[/snapback]

The Levitation he does is called the Balducci method,its quite well known now so I dont mind giving the name away.Its very easy to do and if positioned right looks great.

The masked magician was Valentino,not Blaine. yes.gif

Really? I could've swore it was Blaine. Maybe you're right. It was also a hell of a long time ago so I might have mixed the names up. Thanks.

If you're looking for a magician, look harder. He's good, I grant, but Derren Brown truly is a god.

If you're looking for a magician, look harder. He's good, I grant, but Derren Brown truly is a god.

441664[/snapback]

He sure is! w00t.gif Derren is *****NG AMAZING.

I think the masked magician explained some of Blaines tricks,maybe thats the link.

I think the reason they're not revealing the masked magician is because he's not anyone famouse. They're going to wait til they find someone famouse and THEN they'll unmask the famouse person.

^ I used to watch the masked magician, which was aired a few years ago. It wasn't because he was not famous that they didn't reveal his face. They didn't because of how wrong it is to reveal magicians secrets. And besides, he did take off his mask by the last episode.

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

The coin trick is really easy to understand. Especially when they tell you that it's a specially designed coin. Wonder what they did to it?rolleyes.gif

The levitation trick was pretty convincing, but I heard of another way it was done. It does make more sense as it seems like foot positioning wouldn't work for levitation that high. They said they used wires or something and have someone with the same clothes on as the spectater stand just slightly in front of the camra so it look like they're watching. If you look at it sometimes you can see how it would work.

They also stop and restart filming to get the scene they want. This was all disucssed on a discovery channel show about magicains secrets about 2-3 years ago.

Didn't hear about that. Did anyone see the documentary about a magician who was used in a war to hide tanks and stuff?

After viewing Clive Barkers Lord Of Illusions some time back the only conclusion that could be drawn is that David Blaine is an evil man who stole his magical powers from his master, who he proceeded to murder.

The Truth Is He is Just a Rubish...Nothing more than a trick...

He doesn't even believe in God....

Just Type David Blaine in Kazaa and all the Tricks/Tips will be revealed...

in the words of michael jackson, "David Blaine, your magic is real and I believe in you."

that quote is so funny, but i don't believe in the guy's magic.

Are you sure about him not believing in God. Someone said that he found God during frozen in time. While he goes seem to like to pretend that it's real I doubt he would fake something like that.

Are you sure about him not believing in God. Someone said that he found God during frozen in time. While he goes seem to like to pretend that it's real I doubt he would fake something like that.

444388[/snapback]

Everything that he does/do is fake...He use the word GOD to gain publicity...

You know what I am talking about... rolleyes.gif

The World is full of relegious.. sleepy.gifinnocent.gif

Edited by Graylady

i saw him float! it was wierd. he was in the middle of the street, and suddenly, he started floating. no harness or anything.

i saw him float! it was wierd. he was in the middle of the street, and suddenly, he started floating. no harness or anything.

448015[/snapback]

Balducci method and clever editing im afraid. hmm.gif

David Blaine's gotta be one of the finest magicians of all time. No doubt his stuff are not real magic, but just "magic", he's an entertainer by the way, so Graylady don't take it so harsh on him ok? tongue.gifgrin2.gif

Well people, just remember one thing. This art is based on illusions, distractions, speed, and efficiency (oh I'm forgetting practice grin2.gif ). It's not difficult (some are even too simple that no one's able to figure them out). I'm a part-time card magician too, so I'm not gonna get too detailed on this. tongue.gif David's just very imaginative and innovative, at times disgusting too (heart-pull trick ph34r.gif ). thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by Engulf