Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Urantia Papers

Will Due

39 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

What do you get Guyv.? 

What he gets Sheri (I think) is that the only way to get the answers, is to study the book yourself to find them. That's what the book is for. Answers to questions. 

You may not like the answers, I didn't to a lot of questions I had. I still don't like some of these answers. But they don't harm me. I'm just not ready to live up to some of them yet I guess.

Edited by Will Due

22 minutes ago, Will Due said:

No Sheri, not with yourself. But with the divine presense within, otherwise regarded as the Thought Adjuster. A part of the heavenly Father that indwells each of us.

If God is our Father, which denotes a relationship, don't you think he would provide a way to mutually communicate?

From the book:

If one is disposed to recognize a theoretical subconscious mind as a practical working hypothesis in the otherwise unified intellectual life, then, to be consistent, one should postulate a similar and corresponding realm of ascending intellectual activity as the superconscious level, the zone of immediate contact with the indwelling spirit entity, the Thought Adjuster. The great danger in all these psychic speculations is that visions and other so-called mystic experiences, along with extraordinary dreams, may be regarded as divine communications to the human mind. In times past, divine beings have revealed themselves to certain God-knowing persons, not because of their mystic trances or morbid visions, but in spite of all these phenomena.

It sounds like you are saying that god is in everyone, correct?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

It sounds like you are saying that god is in everyone, correct?

Yes. He's right there within us all.

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Yes. He's right there within us all.

How do you rectify this to those that are agnostics, atheists, Buddhists, apatheists, pagan...

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Will Due said:

What he gets Sheri (I think) is that the only way to get the answers, is to study the book yourself to find them. That's what the book is for. Answers to questions. 

You may not like the answers, I didn't to a lot of questions I had. I still don't like some of these answers. But they don't harm me. I'm just not ready to live up to some of them yet I guess.

Could be, I will be curious to hear guyv’s thoughts too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

How do you rectify this to those that are agnostics, atheists, Buddhists, apatheists, pagan...

If what the book says is true, everyone is indwelt by God. And it doesn't matter what one believes or doesn't believe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

If what the book says is true, everyone is indwelt by God. And it doesn't matter what one believes or doesn't believe.

The book is sexist especially towards women. 

So far what I am reading, the UB is very barbaric and behind in its understandings of the sexes, family, marriage, society, culture.. You would be better served by enrolling in College courses Will and take Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Biology....

My two cents is get academic well researched quality resources then find ways to be the difference. 

The UB actually said women are not logical. 

Sheesh.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

The UB actually said women are not logical.

"The men of the pastoral ages had great love for their cattle; all the more pity they could not have developed a deeper affection for their wives."

That's what the UB says about men.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

What do you get Guyv.? 

For me , it seems like Will talks to himself and thinks it is from a consciousness that transcends human consciousness? 

How can he claim to understand a consciousness that transcends human consciousness and not be able to explain it? 

What I get is that when you ask someone to explain a spiritual belief, you're not going to get a "straight" type of an answer.  Like, if someone asked me, "How can I lose weight and be more fit?".......I would be very confident explaining how such a thing could be done.  It would be an easy thing for me.  But, when you're dealing with beliefs in spiritual things, the person would probably rightly state that you'd have to experience it for yourself.  

We could discuss meditation and what that does for a person, and what experiences a person may have.....but again, there are plenty of people who meditate and don't claim any religious beliefs at all, or have beliefs that don't align with a "God" or Supreme Being.  

To the point, I'm not surprised that Will cannot or did not explain it - with the exception of read the book for yourself.  The Mormons do the same thing.  They suggest you read the Book of Mormon and see if you get a "burning in the bosom."  If you do, they suggest the book is right for you.  I read the Book of Mormon and while I have nothing against the Mormon people, I'm glad I did not get the burning in the bosom.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

What I get is that when you ask someone to explain a spiritual belief, you're not going to get a "straight" type of an answer.  Like, if someone asked me, "How can I lose weight and be more fit?".......I would be very confident explaining how such a thing could be done.  It would be an easy thing for me.  But, when you're dealing with beliefs in spiritual things, the person would probably rightly state that you'd have to experience it for yourself.  

We could discuss meditation and what that does for a person, and what experiences a person may have.....but again, there are plenty of people who meditate and don't claim any religious beliefs at all, or have beliefs that don't align with a "God" or Supreme Being.  

To the point, I'm not surprised that Will cannot or did not explain it - with the exception of read the book for yourself.  The Mormons do the same thing.  They suggest you read the Book of Mormon and see if you get a "burning in the bosom."  If you do, they suggest the book is right for you.  I read the Book of Mormon and while I have nothing against the Mormon people, I'm glad I did not get the burning in the bosom.  

That's what I thought you would say Guyver.

But hey, superconsciously like you, I'm not offended either.

At least you all are having fun tonight. :lol:

The UB seems much more complex than I had previously thought. Then again, I literally know nothing about it, and this is all new to me.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Will Due said:

That's what I thought you would say Guyver.

But hey, superconsciously like you, I'm not offended either.

Will, I hope that you understand I"m not insulting you for your beliefs in any way.  Earlier someone here criticized me for being .....idk....rude or arrogant.  It's not intentional, I am generally a straight shooter and to the point, but I"m not intentionally trying to be snotty around here for the most part.

I'm sure that what you believe is real to you......and I think that's great.  I don't have the same type of confidence in any belief system right now, but I don't think less of you for having one.  I only think less of someone if they demonstrate by their actions that they deserve that type of thing.    

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Will, I hope that you understand I"m not insulting you for your beliefs in any way.  Earlier someone here criticized me for being .....idk....rude or arrogant.  It's not intentional, I am generally a straight shooter and to the point, but I"m not intentionally trying to be snotty around here for the most part.

I'm sure that what you believe is real to you......and I think that's great.  I don't have the same type of confidence in any belief system right now, but I don't think less of you for having one.  I only think less of someone if they demonstrate by their actions that they deserve that type of thing.    

In accordance with my belief system, and based on what you just said, and all your other posts I've read, I'm being honest, no joke, you are someone who impresses me as probably being highly active superconsciously. 

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

"The men of the pastoral ages had great love for their cattle; all the more pity they could not have developed a deeper affection for their wives."

Will, How is this a great book with great ideas, then? 

I think you know by now that if your path works for you that is what matters. 

But, I might have questions. Lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

You are a good guy, arrogant and rude is quite a stretch if you ask me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guyver said:

I meditate, whatever comes up (satori)is about me, for me, and my life personally.

It has no relevance to anyone else and if it did it would be on the person to decide how.

Same with faith ones insights are personal based on their needs. 

I don’t know many people in my life who find it is their duty to impose their path on me. 

If I ran across it I would let them know, fortunately it isn’t an issue.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Will Due said:

Keep in mind that Wikipedia often doesn't get it right. In the case of the origin of the UB, Wikipedia has it wrong.

Next to studying the book, I've spent a lot of time investigating its origin, and how the papers were written and who wrote them.

Everyone of any credibility with knowledge of these things that I've talked to, are emphatic that Sadler's sleeping patient DID NOT write the papers, eventhough he was utilized while sleeping as a sort of clearinghouse for direct verbal communication, during which time he was never able to be awoken while it was going on. The papers were handwritten but handwriting tests indicated that no one involved, was the person who wrote the papers. No one. Not Sadler. Not his patient. No one. But what Sadler and his assistants did know of the process, was vowed to secrecy. So it will never be known, like it should be.

But the text of the UB itself does provide some info about how the papers were indicted into the English language back in the mid 1930's while the process was under the tutelage of Dr. Sadler. Interestingly, Sadler was a skeptic about the whole thing, and for many years, he was sure it was all faked. Sadler had made a name for himself as a preeminent paranormal debunker, in addition to being a well known and respected psychiatrist. But apparently at some point before the UB was published in 1955, he did become convinced of the authenticity of it all.

My poor sentence construction  :( 

based on the words and purported writings  of a person who had been an Adventist who was treating a patient who might also have been an Adventist but whose identity is actually unknown 

actually says that the words  may have been  written by Sadler (or another) based on the words issued by the speaking,  but sleeping, patient .

There are no conclusive proofs either way Some linguists argue that  the words were written in a style similar to Sadler's but others disagree.  I don't know enough about his beliefs to make a comment. But if, along with Kellogg, he had been an Adventist then he was clearly, at least open, to spiritual matters.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

I was going to make a New Zealander joke here, but thought better of it.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've read parts of the Urantia Papers. I read them recently, after Will Due started spouting about them every five minutes. They're interesting, but they just seem like a bunch of people took way too much stock into the rantings of someone who had some kind of psychological disorder. Victimizing someone with a psychological condition like that is abhorrent, and peddling the words as some kind of divine message is even worse. I don't like it, it reads like Scientology texts.

• Like 7

I've read the book it's a complete and farcical nonsense that has no relevance in today's world.

I think it's like the flat Earth movement, a social experiment to see how much people would believe something just because it's alternative.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:09 PM, XenoFish said:

51dwXRF1IhL._SY300_.jpg

Don't forget glow sticks. Light without heat.

I love glow sticks!

And pie.

If I had to choose, I would choose pie over glowsticks.

Because.... aliens!

Edited by JMPD1
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2018 at 1:11 AM, JMPD1 said:

I love glow sticks!

And pie.

If I had to choose, I would choose pie over glowsticks.

Because.... aliens!

Let's co-author a hip new religious text circling around various types of pie deities :lol: 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Gabriel of Urantia the Unknown Master.

• Like 1

What a bunch of crap...this isn't relgion..this is nothing more than a Hokus Smokus scheme to Rob the back pockets of the naive. 

I've seen it before...nothing new here.

Will...please don't give any of your money to these frauds.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 13/11/2018 at 10:38 PM, Luis Marco said:
  On 13/11/2018 at 9:56 PM, Sherapy said:

The UB?

Sherapy, funny indeed, but consider:

(Again, the URANTIA text is already in the international public domain.)

0:3.23 The concept of the I AM is a philosophic concession which we make to the time-bound, space-fettered, finite mind of man, to the impossibility of creature comprehension of eternity existences—nonbeginning, nonending realities and relationships. To the time-space creature, all things must have a beginning save only the ONE UNCAUSED—the primeval cause of causes. Therefore do we conceptualize this philosophic value-level as the I AM, at the same time instructing all creatures that the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit are coeternal with the I AM; in other words, that there never was a time when the I AM was not the Father of the Son and, with him, of the Spirit.

Emphasis in the original.

JOC said in another topic very recently: So is Mein Kamf...what is your point?

Me here: The point was that URANTIA reveals that GOD is the only UNCAUSED CAUSE.

Edited by Luis Marco
recently
  • Confused 1