Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Urantia Papers

Will Due

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

This all sounds like the Seth books. 

And similar to Aiwass. 

I don't really think anyone is actually tapping into supernatural entities. 

I think they're tapping into their subconscious, which can be the worst troll of all. 

• Like 3

Will greetings.  I can find books on science and history.  I can incorporate them into my understanding of how the world works.  I can find a plethora of books in which somebody reveals a truth of their own inner beliefs and assumes that it will work for all humans universally.  There are many conflicting accounts. If the book helps you that is good.  If you can pass on to someone else a helpful idea, all the better.   Truth about science or history doesn't validate truth about self. I can read books, but my truth and yours must come from inside ourselves.  No one else can tell me why I am here or what my purpose is.  It is not for anyone else to decide, even if they are celestial beings on another planet.  We humans must work out our own truth.  If you find it, tell a hummingbird; draw a picture on the wind, sing it to the tide.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

And similar to Aiwass. 

I think they're tapping into their subconscious, which can be the worst troll of all. 

Excellent point, I mean excellent. 

43 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Will greetings.  I can find books on science and history.  I can incorporate them into my understanding of how the world works.  I can find a plethora of books in which somebody reveals a truth of their own inner beliefs and assumes that it will work for all humans universally.  There are many conflicting accounts. If the book helps you that is good.  If you can pass on to someone else a helpful idea, all the better.   Truth about science or history doesn't validate truth about self. I can read books, but my truth and yours must come from inside ourselves.  No one else can tell me why I am here or what my purpose is.  It is not for anyone else to decide, even if they are celestial beings on another planet.  We humans must work out our own truth.  If you find it, tell a hummingbird; draw a picture on the wind, sing it to the tide.

Right on Tatetopia. It only matters to us for us. 

Great to see you posting.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Sort of, My path is my own. Do not follow me, if you do you will get lost. Forge your own way and see where it leads. Am I right or off base?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

And similar to Aiwass. 

Actually, they have showed us how to tap into the superconsciousness of our minds.

Contact with the indwelling divine presence. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Sort of, My path is my own. Do not follow me, if you do you will get lost. Forge your own way and see where it leads. Am I right or off base?

Seems right to me.  I may not be going anywhere you want to be.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

Actually, they have showed us how to tap into the superconsciousness of our minds.

Contact with the indwelling divine presence. 

Ok im curious, how? Please dont ask me to read the whole book!!!

• Like 1

On 8/16/2017 at 6:52 AM, kartikg said:

Couldn't read any further, looks like some random generated stuff . 

It is a book about nothing. Oh unless you think we live with aliens.  Or do we live with aliens or are we the aliens, a screw it.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

It is a book about nothing. Oh unless you think we live with aliens.  Or do we live with aliens or are we the aliens, a screw it.  

In that case i might be interested!

Im pretty surely i live with an alien! First, she takes boiling hot showers... I mean melt your face off hot! Second, she maintains way to good of a mood and persona to be considered human. Finally, she bites... Nibbles.. She has specifically stated she wants to chew on the soft part of my face, but she settles for the hand i cut with a skillsaw that has gone numb.

Could this be the handbook ive been needing???

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wes4747 said:

Ok im curious, how? Please dont ask me to read the whole book!!!

Too funny Wes.

Nobody "has too read the whole damn book." But reading a few parts will do. If that doesn't tickle your fancy though, reading just a few parts, that's still okay. It just depends on you. The knowledge will get spread around to everyone eventually anyway.

They've showed us how to tap into the superconsciousness of our minds, how to make contact with the indwelling divine presence, because unlike on our molested and abused planet, on a "normal" world, as they've told us, the knowledge of what it is and how it works, making contact, is as common as knowing how to butter sliced bread under the light above the kitchen counter.

But not on our world, no!!!

I won't get into why the people of this planet have this problem too much, this problem of having eyes to see, but can't, because we've been put into a very dark closet by an insane "uncle."

**Good enough explanation for now I hope.**

So while this insane uncle is still in the house, although he's managed to get himself all tied up while playing cowboy with the rope God has been giving him to hang himself by all these years, some of the other members of our family have managed to slip a message under the door of the closet while uncle Dick wasn't looking.

The message (the Urantia Book) gives instruction how to get out of the closet and into the light, where your contact with the Father can begin. Can't do it while in the dark.

When more of us get out into the light where we can see what's been written on the back side of the paper too, we'll be able to finally confront uncle Dick and send him where he belongs.

Then we'll have a party, drink some beer, laugh a lot, and discuss our experiences of how it was such a good time that we all did this together, and at the same time.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Too funny Wes.

Nobody "has too read the whole damn book." But reading a few parts will do. If that doesn't tickle your fancy though, reading just a few parts, that's still okay. It just depends on you. The knowledge will get spread around to everyone eventually anyway.

They've showed us how to tap into the superconsciousness of our minds, how to make contact with the indwelling divine presence, because unlike on our molested and abused planet, on a "normal" world, as they've told us, the knowledge of what it is and how it works, making contact, is as common as knowing how to butter sliced bread under the light above the kitchen counter.

I won't get into why the people of this planet have this problem too much, this problem of having eyes to see, but can't, because we've been put into a very dark closet by an insane "uncle." **Good enough explanation for now I hope.**

So while this insane uncle is still in the house, although he's managed to get himself all tied up while playing cowboy with the rope God has been giving him to hang himself by all these years, some of the other members of our family have managed to slip a message under the door of the closet while uncle Dick wasn't looking.

The message (the Urantia Book) gives instruction how to get out of the closet and into the light, where your contact with the Father can begin. Can't do it while in the dark.

When more of us get out into the light where we can see what's been written on the back side of the paper too, we'll be able to finally confront uncle Dick and send him where he belongs.

Then we'll have a party, drink some beer, laugh a lot, and discuss our experiences of how it was such a good time that we all did this together, and at the same time.

Is the process of coming into the light so complicated that your reply was easier to type?

We have established there is a way to tap superconsciousness, you are claiming to know how?

How?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

Is the process of coming into the light so complicated that your reply was easier to type?

We have established there is a way to tap superconsciousness, you are claiming to know how?

How?

Faith Wes. That's all. Faith in who you really are, God's son.

Unless you take it on, being his son, there can't be contact. Not the superconscious kind anyway.

The Father only has relationships with his children, and you won't be unless you demand it, that you're more than you think you are, because you have the faith (guts) to believe it.

Once you do this, you will find our Father's hand to shake. 

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Will Due said:

Too funny Wes.

I won't get into why the people of this planet have this problem too much, this problem of having eyes to see, but can't, because we've been put into a very dark closet by an insane "uncle."

**Good enough explanation for now I hope.**

So .... you didn't tell him how , just that (again)  'its in the book' .  So, I guess, you cant tell him how to do that, even though you seem to think it can be done ... have you done it Will ?  Be honest now .

-or do you just 'like the idea of the concept' ?

Whereas someone as base as Crowley can immediately and simply  explain the answer to Wes'  question and give the actual instructions of what to do to contact their 'superconscious of their minds ' ( actually 'superego' ).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Will Due said:

Faith Wes. That's all. Faith in who you really are, God's son.

Unless you take it on, being his son, there can't be contact. Not the superconscious kind anyway.

The Father only has relationships with his children, and you won't be unless you demand it, that you're more than you think you are, because you have the faith (guts) to believe it.

Once you do this, you will find our Father's hand to shake. 

and that is 'superconsciousness'  ?  :huh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, back to earth said:

So .... you didn't tell him how , just that (again)  'its in the book' .  So, I guess, you cant tell him how to do that, even though you seem to think it can be done ... have you done it Will ?  Be honest now .

-or do you just 'like the idea of the concept' ?

Whereas someone as base as Crowley can immediately and simply  explain the answer to Wes'  question and give the actual instructions of what to do to contact their 'superconscious of their minds ' ( actually 'superego' ).

Lol.

Superconsciousness, having contact with the divine presence within, experiencing contact with God, when did I ever say I knew how, or that I did?

All I've been saying is that you can, and that while you may not be aware of it consciously, superconciously you are.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Will Due said:

All I've been saying is that you can, and that while you may not be aware of it consciously, superconciously you are.

All everyone else is saying is that you cannot, and that while you may not be aware of it consciously, superconsciously you aren't.

See? I too can make entirely condescending and unfounded statements.

5 minutes ago, Podo said:

I too can make entirely condescending and unfounded statements.

I just complimented everyone.

What, you don't like compliments?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

I just complimented everyone.

What, you don't like compliments?

Condescending and arrogant comments spoken from atop a high horse regarding unproven assertions about the relationship of humanity to your chosen deity are not appreciated. Climb down off of the horse first.

Just now, Podo said:

Condescending and arrogant comments spoken from atop a high horse regarding unproven assertions about the relationship of humanity to your chosen deity are not appreciated. Climb down off of the horse first.

I'm down off my horse looking up at you. Would you like to boot kick me now?

• Like 1

On 05/09/2017 at 5:06 AM, Will Due said:

Too funny Wes.

As discussed in another thread   I read a few parts  And everything in it was completely false.   All based on basic Edwardian knowledge/supposition of geology and wholly disproven by research and discoveries over the past 100 years.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I'm starting this thread not to debate what the UB is, whether or not it's true, but rather to present a summary of what it says.

It says that the universe is limited to its inhabited constitution currently but is destined to grow beyond and out to infinity where it will then be filled and inhabited in the future. How I interpret what it says about all this, is that the universe is EXTREMELY young, and that we are fortunate to be alive in an early epoch, destined to be participating in its further growth and creation in important ways. We humans all have a great destiny to share in this growth of the universe and that it is a place of love and friendship.

Human life fills a niche in God's plan that is based on imperfect free will beings growing with experience through knowledge and attaining wisdom, in becoming perfected in time. This type of perfection of being is of a type that being created perfect in the first place, does not compare. Being created imperfect but in possession of a sovereign free will which allows for the perfecting of being, denotes a personality value that is otherwise unattainable.

We are all destined to the afterlife. This is to be taken for granted. There is no special requirement to qualify for this, but you can opt out at any time. God's mercy is lavish. Our world is an overwhelmingly confusing place to start out in, for certain unusual reasons that are fully disclosed. Every consideration will be afforded to all who aren't totally sure and question all those things that are troubling in understanding who and what God is. All those things that don't make sense.

Perhaps the main thing that the UB does, besides providing information about the aforementioned things, is to reveal everything that we don't know about Jesus. Who he really is, where and who he was before he came to Earth, and were he went, and that we're all destined to follow him there, and beyond in more things yet to even begin to imagine.

One third of the UB's content is devoted to the restatement of Jesus's life. What he did and what happened to him, of which there is no record.

His message is that we are all the sons and daughters of God, who is certainly, our heavenly Father. Because of this we have a relationship with him, which will grow. He is not afar off, he is very nearby and in fact, he dwells within all of us unbidden, there to comfort and guide us.

http://bigbluebook.org/

• Like 1

Framed and prefaced as it is to limit discussion, this thread, as such, is actually a blog. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Will Due said:

One third of the UB's content is devoted to the restatement of Jesus's life. What he did and what happened to him,

As thought up by a imaginative American

12 minutes ago, Will Due said:

of which there is no record.

Plenty of Rabbinical stuff. Nothing that agrees with the Urantia though.

• Like 6