Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lincoln Memorial Defaced

susieice

33 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I am really starting to think these Alt-Right leaders may be some kind of Government plant. When they started doing "seig heil" salutes to Trump, something seemed off. Like they were trying to be caricatures of "Trump Nazis". Now, maybe they were genuine skinheads but maybe, just maybe, this was an easy way to infiltrate and subvert the entire Patriot/Free Speech movement with one simple rally.

Members of past free speech rallies have complained about Nazis wanting to join and sometimes just showing up and forcing their way in. Great optics when you're trying to talk about freedom of speech and there's a dumb@ss with a Swastika flag in the background. Something fishy is going on, man. This is reminiscent of the Nazi movement the Canadian Government created when they kept throwing money at the non-existent threat of Canadian Nazis.

The "seig heil" salute was used by the Romans long before the Nazi's came along. It was also used by American children when reciting the pledge of allegiance in the US, until the Nazi's started using it. The Nazi's usurped it, just like the swastika.

• Like 2

Just now, Bama13 said:

The "seig heil" salute was used by the Romans long before the Nazi's came along. It was also used by American children when reciting the pledge of allegiance in the US, until the Nazi's started using it. The Nazi's usurped it, just like the swastika.

That's fine, but in 2017 it stands for "Nazism". I am also aware of the real history of the Swastika but good luck trying to push it lol context just doesn't matter anymore

• Like 1

10 hours ago, susieice said:

Could someone please tell me what Lincoln had to do with the Confederacy and slavery? I just don't get it.

10 hours ago, susieice said:

Could someone please tell me what Lincoln had to do with the Confederacy and slavery? I just don't get it.

9 hours ago, Michelle said:

Who didn't see this coming? Give them and inch and they'll take a mile.

Just now, Uncle Sam said:

How sad... destroying a statue of the person who freed slaves all because he was a Republican and was part of the civil war at the time. We really need to start fixing our education on the history part as well. I bet if they actually study the history of Lincoln, they wouldn't have down this terrible action.

Why the hell is the assumption that people on the left did this? We had real life racists chanting and marching just this weekend and they have announced 9 more events this coming weekend. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

That's fine, but in 2017 it stands for "Nazism". I am also aware of the real history of the Swastika but good luck trying to push it lol context just doesn't matter anymore

True. Just thought I would point it out.

Was recently watching a program about Rome with a friends 9 year old son and when they did their salute he asked "Were the Romans Nazi's?"

• Like 4

Just now, Bama13 said:

I have a Buddhist wheel of dharma tattoo which I used an ancient engraving as inspiration for. RIght smack in the middle of that wheel is a swastika , as a white dude with a perpetually shaved head I had to exclude that detail from my ink. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Why the hell is the assumption that people on the left did this? We had real life racists chanting and marching just this weekend and they have announced 9 more events this coming weekend. 

Because the defacing said "**** Laws," an sign of anarchism which is associated with the far left extremists. Not that hard to deduce that. If it wasn't someone on the left I will take back my word, but as it stands, it looks more like someone from the far left extremist group that aligns with the Anarchy Ideology.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

It said **** law. And it was on the Lincoln Memorial. 

Hmm...what possible law could Lincoln have instituted that someone might not like? 

I just can't put my finger on it. 

(hint: that was sarcasm)

• Like 2

Because the defacing said "**** Laws," an sign of anarchism which is associated with the far left extremists. Not that hard to deduce that. If it wasn't someone on the left I will take back my word, but as it stands, it looks more like someone from the far left extremist group that aligns with the Anarchy Ideology.

Seriously? Thats pretty lame. 

Lincoln brought the law that made slavery illegal. He brought the law that took our nation down the path to everything they marched and chanted about hating over the weekend. Now they feel empowered by the POTUS 

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Seriously? Thats pretty lame. 

Lincoln brought the law that made slavery illegal. He brought the law that took our nation down the path to everything they marched and chanted about hating over the weekend. Now they feel empowered by the POTUS 

I didn't think of it that way. Hmmm... you might be right. But at the moment, it is still up in the air till they announce who done this. Also stop belittling people and calling people names, that isn't making you any friends here. Calling me lame for me view is rude.

Edited by Uncle Sam

3 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

I could see "Fuc" then the lettering got too sloppy for me to read. The next letter looked like an "L" with a period. Then some symbol or something, then a "U" with a line connecting it to an "A". followed by a "W" or "M". Really a sad effort. I blame public education.

• Like 6

I didn't think of it that way. Hmmm... you might be right. But at the moment, it is still up in the air till they announce who done this. Also stop belittling people and calling people names, that isn't making you any friends here.

Um I dont recall calling anyone names nor belittling anyone (ok well maybe Ella aka Ceres but COMEON :lol:

If you're referring to me calling your argument lame I meant no offense. 

Edited by Farmer77

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Um I dont recall calling anyone names nor belittling anyone (ok well maybe Ella aka Ceres but COMEON :lol:

If you're referring to me calling your argument lame I meant no offense. 

If you argument makes sense, I take back what I said, that is how I debate. Calling someone's argument lame can make that person not want to listen to you or debate with. You got to be polite when debating or people won't take you serious.

Edited by Uncle Sam

The Republican party began as a coalition of anti-slavery "Conscience Whigs" and Free Soil Democrats opposed to the Kansas–Nebraska Act, submitted to Congress by Stephen Douglas in January 1854. The Act opened Kansas Territory and Nebraska Territory to slavery and future admission as slave states, thus implicitly repealing the prohibition on slavery in territory north of 36° 30′ latitude, which had been part of the Missouri Compromise. This change was viewed by Free Soil and Abolitionist Northerners as an aggressive, expansionist maneuver by the slave-owning South.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States_Republican_Party

Fact: Contrary to popular misconception, the parties never "switched" on racism. The Democrats just switched from overt racism to a subversive strategy of getting blacks as dependent as possible on government to secure their votes. At the same time, they began a cynical smear campaign to label anyone who opposes their devious strategy as greedy racists.

And that is exactly the first thing they use every election, they start screaming racist.

http://russp.us/racism.htm

If you think rasicm is only dependent upon one party, please lol for me.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I am really starting to think these Alt-Right leaders may be some kind of Government plant. When they started doing "seig heil" salutes to Trump, something seemed off. Like they were trying to be caricatures of "Trump Nazis". Now, maybe they were genuine skinheads but maybe, just maybe, this was an easy way to infiltrate and subvert the entire Patriot/Free Speech movement with one simple rally.

Members of past free speech rallies have complained about Nazis wanting to join and sometimes just showing up and forcing their way in. Great optics when you're trying to talk about freedom of speech and there's a dumb@ss with a Swastika flag in the background. Something fishy is going on, man. ..

You may have a point.

I remember a TEA Party rally where a dozen of these tough guys wearing Biker gear and flashing the Nazi **** showed up.  The Christians surrounded them and linked hands, chanting prayers.... and it turned out that every single one of them were undercover cops.

Riot Cops wearing 50 pounds of armor and assault gear raced in, rescued their buddies and promptly vanished, with no reports filed afterwards.

Charlotteville was something else, but if you ever have a Free Speech gathering, weed those b******* out.

"Unite the Right" is also a false front, I am starting to hear how it is a Soros-funded organization dedicated to subverting the last organized opposition to the Deep State. 

• Like 3

If you argument makes sense, I take back what I said, that is how I debate. Calling someone's argument lame can make that person not want to listen to you or debate with. You got to be polite when debating or you can people won't take you serious.

Like I said I meant no offense and do apologize if any were taken. 

Just now, AnchorSteam said:

"Unite the Right" is also a false front, I am starting to hear how it is a Soros-funded organization dedicated to subverting the last organized opposition to the Deep State. 

Of course you are , thats exactly the story I would spin if I were desperately trying to make my president not look racist too. 

Hell thats the story I would spin any time my people did something stupid. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Of course you are , thats exactly the story I would spin if I were desperately trying to make my president not look racist too. 

He's your President too.... right?

The last time the Democrats refused to accept the result of a Presidential election was 1860. Are we headed that way again?

And I won't say for sure if it is spin or not, it does fit the pattern with Soros-funded national destablisation. This is just the 5th time it has happened.

• Like 1

Just now, AnchorSteam said:

He's your President too.... right?

The last time the Democrats refused to accept the result of a Presidential election was 1860. Are we headed that way again?

And I won't say for sure if it is spin or not, it does fit the pattern with Soros-funded national destablisation. This is just the 5th time it has happened.

Well I was speaking more from a party member perspective

But now that you mention it I need to examine what that means. I mean he won the election so technically he's president but he certainly holds no moral authority.  He's a pathological liar who has a tenuous grasp on reality at best and now he has shown himself to be a racist. I wont follow that man anywhere and if it came to it I would hide my children to keep them from fighting in any wars he drums up - barring an obvious and undeserved attack from a foreign nation.

To be fair however thats pretty much been my position about the government for over a decade. 

22 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

There is vested Government interest in suppressing free speech rallies and any rally that promotes Constitutional laws. We have documented proof that Government agents have been used in the past to subvert activist groups or create a narrative with "false flag" attacks. Combine those two proven, known facts together and nothing about that theory seems conspiratorial to me. There were Government issue boots kicking in doors and windows at the Ferguson rally, for example. "Divide and conquer" is a real thing and it has nothing to do with Trump's ideas.

• Like 4

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

There is vested Government interest in suppressing free speech rallies and any rally that promotes Constitutional laws. We have documented proof that Government agents have been used in the past to subvert activist groups or create a narrative with "false flag" attacks. Combine those two proven, known facts together and nothing about that theory seems conspiratorial to me. There were Government issue boots kicking in doors and windows at the Ferguson rally, for example. "Divide and conquer" is a real thing and it has nothing to do with Trump's ideas.

I know there is man and I dont deny the history but to go to the 'Soros did' it argument it in this case seems dangerously short sighted to me. 

Edited by Farmer77

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I know there is man and I dont deny the history but to go to the 'Soros did' it argument it in this case seems dangerously short sighted to me. 

Yeah it's not a "one size fits all" argument. May as well be blaming the Jews lol
Soros has his filthy old hands in a lot more social engineering than most people realize so it's not totally unfounded to blame his organization. Cheers buddy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Sam said:

Actually, they aren't sure what the second part said because the handwriting was horrible.  It was either "law" or "Islam".  A comedian even made a joke about the guy coming back to fix his handwriting.

• Like 2

No one knows what was written at the Smithsonian because it was totally illegible.