Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lincoln Memorial Defaced

susieice

The history buff inside me has given up and sad about all the damage. She may never recover.

• Like 3

And it's not going to stop. Once the statues are down, it will be something else. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Actually, they aren't sure what the second part said because the handwriting was horrible.  It was either "law" or "Islam".  A comedian even made a joke about the guy coming back to fix his handwriting.

It honestly look like it said Law, because it appears to have only three letters.

34 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

And it's not going to stop. Once the statues are down, it will be something else. 

Yes, the statues are just a distraction.

6 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Woman Who Destroyed Durham Confederate Statue Is A Pro-North Korea Marxist

Shocker.

Why am I not surprised? My facebook got attacked by a Liberal just recently, he was calling me a Nazi/Fascist/Trumpanzee and all kinds of names. You just can't reason with these people. Don't get surprised if I get doxxed and attacked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Well I was speaking more from a party member perspective

But now that you mention it I need to examine what that means. I mean he won the election so technically he's president but he certainly holds no moral authority.  ...

Whoa!

Lets stop right there... why should he?

NO man holds any moral authority over me, least of all a President.

We didn't elect a Pope, so lets not even try to hold him to that sort of standard, even as a straw-man sort of thing. Its not like we are the media or anything crazy like that, right?  ;)

He's just a secular leader, and he likes a good fight. If he ever comes off as anything else (in reality) I'll turn on him in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Just now, AnchorSteam said:

Whoa!

Lets stop right there... why should he?

NO man holds any moral authority over me, least of all a President.

We didn't elect a Pope, so lets not even try to hold him to that sort of standard, even as a straw-man sort of thing. Its not like we are the media or anything crazy like that, right?  ;)

He's just a secular leader, and he likes a good fight. If he ever comes off as anything else (in reality) I'll turn on him in a heartbeat.

Well moral authority is what has allowed America to grow into a world leader. I think moral authority is important (or at least the damn appearance of) 

Im not speaking of morality in a religious sense A definition from Wikipedia :

Moral authority is authority premised on principles, or fundamental truths, which are independent of written, or positive, laws. As such, moral authority necessitates the existence of and adherence to truth.

It is important the most powerful man in the world has that. 

Edited by Farmer77

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Moral authority is authority premised on principles, or fundamental truths, which are independent of written, or positive, laws. As such, moral authority necessitates the existence of and adherence to truth.

Okay, I get ya' now, but I still don't like it.

I think that no President should be allowed to have the presumption of truth behind him. He, just as the rest of our elected "leaders", have a responsibility to stay with the truth, and they have to earn a presumption like that anyway.

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

It is important the most powerful man in the world has that. 

I keep hearing this stuff, about how terrible it is and all this about the "most powerful man" .... but he is just a man.

Human, like the rest of us.

90% of the criticism is about how he sounds, as if that matters? And if it did, what about the last two guys? One of them had trouble speaking in full sentences, and the other guy sounded like he was talking through an empty cracker box when he wasn't hemming and hawing. 

The truth comes out in the results of their actions. He promised action on North Korea, and in the last few days that pot-bellied little dictator has backed down and China is suddenly more receptive to Trump's views on trade.

I'd call that more important than a gang of hooligans thumping on another in some college town over some rusty old relic that I wouldn't have bothered to notice unless I had a sudden urge to urinate. 

• Like 5

He promised action on North Korea, and in the last few days that pot-bellied little dictator has backed down

Sure, but so did we. Lost in all this celebration is that we went out of our way to backtrack on our previously stated position about regime change in NK. 

90% of the criticism is about how he sounds, as if that matters? And if it did, what about the last two guys? One of them had trouble speaking in full sentences, and the other guy sounded like he was talking through an empty cracker box when he wasn't hemming and hawing.

Yeah but now on top of sounding like a jackass he also sounds like a racist. 

I'd call that more important than a gang of hooligans thumping on another in some college town over some rusty old relic that I wouldn't have bothered to notice unless I had a sudden urge to urinate. 

I dont, not even close. What good is the best trade deal in the world if we lose our identity and our place as world leaders for it? 

18 hours ago, susieice said:

Could someone please tell me what Lincoln had to do with the Confederacy and slavery? I just don't get it.

He had a lot to do with both, but I got your point. He was a man of his times, and some of his views were very racist.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Michelle said:

Who didn't see this coming? Give them and inch and they'll take a mile.

Watch the Marxists next attack places named after Ronald Reagan after they learn that he told a racist joke in 1940. There was a time when that seemed absurd.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bama13 said:

Even graffiti artists suck nowadays. Can't even make out what they wrote after the "fuc" part.

I know. You can't even tell if the vandal is a Confederate sympathizer or a Marxist clown. It's a safe bet that he/she is a Millennial, though. Many schools no longer adequately teach unimportant classes, like English.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

Shocker.

She should move to North Korea then. She'll be very happy there but she probably likes her "freedom." 

• Like 2

So, no chance that it could just simply be a teenager's stunt? 

Does it really have to be something "more"? 

• Like 1

People are dumb 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

You may have a point.

I remember a TEA Party rally where a dozen of these tough guys wearing Biker gear and flashing the Nazi **** showed up.  The Christians surrounded them and linked hands, chanting prayers.... and it turned out that every single one of them were undercover cops.

Riot Cops wearing 50 pounds of armor and assault gear raced in, rescued their buddies and promptly vanished, with no reports filed afterwards.

Charlotteville was something else, but if you ever have a Free Speech gathering, weed those b******* out.

"Unite the Right" is also a false front, I am starting to hear how it is a Soros-funded organization dedicated to subverting the last organized opposition to the Deep State. 

You *don't* sound like a conspiracy theorist. Just look at Jason Kessler, the organizer of the event. I read that he was an Obama supporter and an Occupy activist. If true, what accounts for his sudden change of heart?

• Like 3

Shocker.

That can't be true. Lester Holt never mentioned it. ;)

• Like 4

Shocker.

You quoting a sensationalistic headline? 

Shocker indeed. 

According to your own article, she is part of the Workers World Party (WWP), which, being a communist party, among other things supports NK. 

I presume you don't possess anything coming from China, right? 

By the way, did she explicitly say that she's pro-North Korea? 

Because, following Trump's line of thought, I'm sure there are very fine people among the WWP as well. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, South Alabam said:

The Republican party began as a coalition of anti-slavery "Conscience Whigs" and Free Soil Democrats opposed to the Kansas–Nebraska Act, submitted to Congress by Stephen Douglas in January 1854. The Act opened Kansas Territory and Nebraska Territory to slavery and future admission as slave states, thus implicitly repealing the prohibition on slavery in territory north of 36° 30′ latitude, which had been part of the Missouri Compromise. This change was viewed by Free Soil and Abolitionist Northerners as an aggressive, expansionist maneuver by the slave-owning South.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States_Republican_Party

Fact: Contrary to popular misconception, the parties never "switched" on racism. The Democrats just switched from overt racism to a subversive strategy of getting blacks as dependent as possible on government to secure their votes. At the same time, they began a cynical smear campaign to label anyone who opposes their devious strategy as greedy racists.

And that is exactly the first thing they use every election, they start screaming racist.

http://russp.us/racism.htm

If you think rasicm is only dependent upon one party, please lol for me.

Yes, we know what the Republican party started as.  But, please, please answer this question honestly.  What party do white supremacists vote for IN THE PRESENT?

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure, but so did we. Lost in all this celebration is that we went out of our way to backtrack on our previously stated position about regime change in NK. 

So, shall we nuke away, then?

Yeah but now on top of sounding like a jackass he also sounds like a racist. 

I have read and heard everything he has said in the last couple of days about this... what are you even talking about?

Transcripts, anyone?

I dont, not even close. What good is the best trade deal in the world if we lose our identity and our place as world leaders for it? 

I think you have been watching too much MSN.

Every Left-Wing media outlet ALWAYS spin EVERYTHING in the most negative way possible because they want Trump gone, and have since last November. They just double-down on the stupid and I honestly think they are trying to get some nutcase to go out and kill the guy.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

So, shall we nuke away, then?

I have read and heard everything he has said in the last couple of days about this... what are you even talking about?

Transcripts, anyone?

I think you have been watching too much MSN.

Every Left-Wing media outlet ALWAYS spin EVERYTHING in the most negative way possible because they want Trump gone, and have since last November. They just double-down on the stupid and I honestly think they are trying to get some nutcase to go out and kill the guy.

You only need to watch his press conferences, not the remarks.  That makes it VERY clear where we are at.  That, and the remarks of other world leaders who have never spoken out against the US as they are now.

12 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Yes, we know what the Republican party started as.  But, please, please answer this question honestly.  What party do white supremacists vote for IN THE PRESENT?

How hard can it be to find out?

Its not like there are very many of them, a 5-ddigit number last I checked, and not a very high one.

... and speaking of that... how is it that you guys always seem to think that the looniest little fringe of the Right is not only the most important segment of the population, but the most influential and the very bedrock of all American Politics?

Hey, I know that sounds crazy, but so does flooding the news with every aspect of how those psychos think, look at act. I mean, the very fact that one of them said something nice about Trump makes you guys want to storm into the White House with guns blazing and stage a coupe, from the sound of it.

Someone once approached me and asked me if I wanted to be a Nazi, want to punch/kill/mangle me too?

(I told him that if I wanted to hook up with a dead religion, I'd be with the Druids. That was the last good fist-fight I was ever in...)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

You only need to watch his press conferences, not the remarks.  That makes it VERY clear where we are at.  That, and the remarks of other world leaders who have never spoken out against the US as they are now.

Just once, how about un-edited words, instead of talking heads changing it to suit them?

How about facts instead of innuendo? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

How hard can it be to find out?

Its not like there are very many of them, a 5-ddigit number last I checked, and not a very high one.

... and speaking of that... how is it that you guys always seem to think that the looniest little fringe of the Right is not only the most important segment of the population, but the most influential and the very bedrock of all American Politics?

Hey, I know that sounds crazy, but so does flooding the news with every aspect of how those psychos think, look at act. I mean, the very fact that one of them said something nice about Trump makes you guys want to storm into the White House with guns blazing and stage a coupe, from the sound of it.

Someone once approached me and asked me if I wanted to be a Nazi, want to punch/kill/mangle me too?

(I told him that if I wanted to hook up with a dead religion, I'd be with the Druids. That was the last good fist-fight I was ever in...)

You answered nothing.  Congratulations.  I wasn't even asking you.  

• Like 1