Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lincoln Memorial Defaced

susieice

29 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Kind of reminiscent of the islamic hysteria we're going through. 

I think though that much like with that the concern isnt really the known members its the potential masses of sympathizers.  

Religion, not racism. A religion blowing up people all over the world for their belief. Racism is just mainly stupid protests, and stupid people on both sides.

23 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I personally could care less about the statues.  If you look at it, they are just really early examples of participation trophies.  We feel bad that you lost..... here is a statue to make you feel better.

So I didn't really care about the root cause of the protest.  The thing that alarmed me was when we had a terrorist attack with one dead and over a dozen injured and our leading authority came out and said, " Well the other side is just as bad" and "There are some fine people on both sides."   Imagine if he had said that about the attacks in Spain.

As for giving away dollar bills.  I haven't had one of those things in my wallet for years.  All my money is in these plastic cards. 

He is right with his comments. There are also stupid people on both sides. Just because someone has a certain belief, does not mean they can not be a fine person. People are forgetting that a large majority of the population think taking down these statues is not a good thing. Not everyone there was a racist, many were there because they believe the statues should stay, because erasing History does not make it go away. Learn from it.

The attacks in Spain are over a religious belief, and those attacks have killed millions. Apples to Orange's. Why would he say that about that situation?

Plastic cards is the Devil.....

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Just a very small example of a bunch of events like this......These are the " counter - protesters " that evil Donald Trump is being chastised over.......Again, STUPIDITY!

TV cameras showed a group of boisterous counterprotesters on the Common chasing a man with a Trump campaign banner and cap, shouting and swearing at him. But other counterprotesters intervened and helped the man safely over a fence into the area where the conservative rally was to be staged.

Black-clad counterprotesters also grabbed an American flag out of an elderly woman’s hands, and she stumbled and fell to the ground.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Denying racism exists, denying racial extremists exists, in no way helps make the situation better. 

Are you referring to President Trump? If so, he has repeatedly condemned racists and White supremacist groups. How many disavowals do leftists need? He should ask them if they disavow Marxism the next time they ask him to disavow "x" for the 1,000th time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sakari said:

Black-clad counterprotesters also grabbed an American flag out of an elderly woman’s hands, and she stumbled and fell to the ground

I saw that as it was happening, he actually dragged her pretty far along the ground. She was hurt!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Are you referring to President Trump? If so, he has repeatedly condemned racists and White supremacist groups. How many disavowals do leftists need? He should ask them if they disavow Marxism the next time they ask him to disavow "x" for the 1,000th time.

No i was referring to Susi's post

Buuuuut the dude does still looks like a racist to me ;) :lol:

I didn't want to mention this law that the sheriff is quoting earlier, because I don't want things to get even more violent, but now that the cat is out of the bag...

Police Warn Protesters in Texas can be Shot on Sight By Gun Owners If Caught Defacing, Vandalizing, or Tearing Down Their Statues.

• Like 1

What post is that?

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

What post is that?

Liberty Park Press... the Sheriff from Texas basically tweeted out about this obscure law that I know about, so the cat is out of the bag.

• Like 1

I'm sorry Uncle Sam. I did read your link and it sounds like that sheriff posted it on Facebook to make sure people see it.

My question was actually to Farmer because he told Panther he was responding to my post, and I'm wondering which one.

14 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I had a whole response typed up about how i work in the medical field as well and see racism all the time. Just two days ago (no lie) had a patient's family member go into racist rants about 3 different times but I figured that posting that quote summed up my position nicely. 

I'm sorry. Look for another job.

12 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

isnt really the known members its the potential masses of sympathizers.  

Assuming you are correct, does it seem rational to rouse them to fury over some statues that haven't been an issue for decades?  I don't care about the statues.  I care about the desire of one group of Americans to oppress the speech of others who have differing opinions and to do so with violence.  THAT is what this is all about.  People tearing down statuary is only the first step.  I guarantee that success in this will embolden them to demand other parts of our shared history be removed.  I wonder how long it will be before the book barbeques begin?  

I would like to have an investigation into the individual that approved public demonstrations in the same town on the same day for two diametrically opposed and potentially violent extremist groups.  I'd also like to know why the cops, with a two to one advantage, did not intervene to quell the violence before it got rolling.  It's possible that the police there are that inept but I have trouble believing it.  Cops tend to be reasonably savvy in sniffing out potential trouble.

• Like 5

On 8/19/2017 at 7:07 AM, Darkenpath25 said:

No thank you . I have my own views and its not hate . 

Interesting......i never mentioned the word nor insinuated hate..........it means you did read it......and i was only quoting history....

5 hours ago, and then said:

Assuming you are correct, does it seem rational to rouse them to fury over some statues that haven't been an issue for decades?

Well it hasnt been an issue for you or I or even 3/4 of the counter protesters but it has been an issue for black Americans who are forced to look at symbols which celebrate their oppression.

For me its really simple, noone would ask Jews to walk past a statue of Hitler on their way to class, nor would anyone expect a jew to think they were getting justice from a courthouse which memorializes nazis. That same simple logic should be applied here. 

Now im all about preserving the statues and putting them in museums and confederate cemeteries rather than destroying them but I dont think they should be in the public square. 

5 hours ago, and then said:

I care about the desire of one group of Americans to oppress the speech of others who have differing opinions and to do so with violence.  THAT is what this is all about.

Then our nation is screwed. Its really that simple, if the message you walked away from Charlottesville with is that ANTIFA are the real bad guys, our nation is absolutely screwed. 

6 hours ago, and then said:

I would like to have an investigation into the individual that approved public demonstrations in the same town on the same day for two diametrically opposed and potentially violent extremist groups.  I'd also like to know why the cops, with a two to one advantage, did not intervene to quell the violence before it got rolling.  It's possible that the police there are that inept but I have trouble believing it.  Cops tend to be reasonably savvy in sniffing out potential trouble.

I have not investigated this so its a little bit of rumor mongering but I was told the police were ordered to report any arrests to the mayor before booking them. 

But are the statues there to celebrate oppression? I don't believe that was their intent. I read an interesting article by the art community saying destroying them actually destroys art made by artists with no ideology intended while creating these pieces. Then theres this school of thought.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process has been continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right." - George Orwell 1984

• Like 6

Just now, skliss said:

But are the statues there to celebrate oppression? I don't believe that was their intent.

Well the vast majority were put up during the Jim Crow and civil rights battle era so for many I do believe the intent was simply a big F-U to blacks for daring to try and gain equality. Was that the intent of all of them? Absolutely not, but it is what all of them have come to symbolize. Striking graphic reveals the construction of Confederate monuments peaked during the Jim Crow and civil rights eras 

I have a tattoo of a wheel of dharma that in its original ancient version had a swastika in the middle of it. I chose to omit  that symbol, because even though its original intent had nothing to do with evil, it has a commonly accepted interpretation in todays society. Kind of the same thing I think with the confederacy 

Just now, skliss said:

I read an interesting article by the art community saying destroying them actually destroys art made by artists with no ideology intended while creating these pieces. Then theres this school of thought.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process has been continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right." - George Orwell 1984

I dont think they should be destroyed, they should be relocated to museums, battlefields and cemeteries. 

I also however dont buy the argument that removing them is destroying history. If the majority of people in this nation are getting their history lessons off of monuments then we are in trouble. 

I think protesting the white supremacists is a bad idea.   What's the point?    You're not going to change their minds.   They are a very small percentage of the population.    let the dozen or so of them march and ignore them.    No attention and they will stop.  

I was telling my wife a similar thing yesterday.   She's a teacher and has a couple pain in the butt students.    I made sure to tell her not to focus on them, but to make sure the vast majority of your attention is on the good kids.  

• Like 4

Just now, Myles said:

I think protesting the white supremacists is a bad idea.   What's the point?    You're not going to change their minds.   They are a very small percentage of the population.    let the dozen or so of them march and ignore them.    No attention and they will stop.  

I was telling my wife a similar thing yesterday.   She's a teacher and has a couple pain in the butt students.    I made sure to tell her not to focus on them, but to make sure the vast majority of your attention is on the good kids.  

That's not the reason for protesting them. I doubt it is for pretty much any protest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FLOMBIE said:

That's not the reason for protesting them. I doubt it is for pretty much any protest. 

I understand that.   All protesting them does is give them the attention they desire.   I say stop doing that.  

Just now, Myles said:

I understand that.   All protesting them does is give them the attention they desire.   I say stop doing that.  

Trust me, these people will always get attention. Hate always gets attention. And I believe it's much worse, if there is no one opposing them. And usually the protesters form a larger group than the "skin color douchebags", or whatever label they deem politically correct at the moment. That's a strong message. 

• Like 1

I plan on sitting back and watching the show. 

8 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

Trust me, these people will always get attention. Hate always gets attention. And I believe it's much worse, if there is no one opposing them. And usually the protesters form a larger group than the "skin color douchebags", or whatever label they deem politically correct at the moment. That's a strong message. 

I disagree.   Their little marches are not recruiting anyone to join them.   Now creating a fiasco all over the media is giving them the attention they should not have.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, susieice said:

I plan on sitting back and watching the show. 

I hope you enjoy yourself. :hmm:

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I disagree.   Their little marches are not recruiting anyone to join them.   Now creating a fiasco all over the media is giving them the attention they should not have.  

Then we have to agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

Just now, FLOMBIE said:

Then we have to agree to disagree. 

I agree. :D

At least we'd both like to see the same thing.   We want them to go away.

• Like 3