Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scars From Dreams

Kat_Kloud

I've had many dreams where I'll dream I've been hurt, then wake up with a mark in that spot.

I know this can be blown off as "You must have bumped your head or something while you were asleep, or scraped your arm on something."

That very well could be. But what I'm interested in is how a certain dream can connect to a certain pain or mark on your body. I mean, if I scratched my arm, why didn't I have a dream about hitting my head? Instead, I'll have a dream of scratching my arm.

Same as when I had a dream I was flying, then fell. I woke up on the floor. I had fallen out of my bed.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kat_Kloud

• Yasha

• sarah

• ~TheBigK~

Hehe, I've had dreams like that before. But no scars so far. I believe the mind is always active but when in the state of sleep it senses the surrounding areas and plays them back. Like sleepwalkers have dreams they need to go somewhere and they are walking around looking for stuff or the place. (My sister is a sleepwalker) So with you having a dream of falling then wake up on the floor, its just i think your mind telling you what happened or if your in trouble. Trouble as in if you lay funny on your hand and you injure your hand in the dream and wake up. Fail-safe for the human. original.gif

When you dream of feeling in part of ur body you create it..like when you used to pee in the bed you dreamt that you were takin a p***

Yes I can understand that much.

But for example: I had a dream that this giant insect thing bit my arm and I woke up with this huge rash, like it was raw and most of the skin was all ew. I thought maybe I was scratching at it or something but it looked nothing like a scratch mark. It was just plain weird.

Another time I had a dream that I fell on some concrete and I got a piece of gravel lodged up under some skin right by my eyelid, and when I woke up there was a little bump there and I found out there really was a piece of gravel in there from when I fell a long time ago in fifth grade. Just weird stuff like that.

I had a dream a while ago where someone was beating me with a metal pole on my head, then I woke up and there was a huge bruise on my head. Later I figured out I was smashing my head against the wall repeatadley in the night and woke everyone up. laugh.gif

Heh Heh,

I hate it when you need to go to the toilet in the night and keep dreaming your going to the toilet and have to go back in the minute you come out and then you wake up and realise you really need the toilet. Mind you it is better than waking up and finding out you have done it in the bed.

I always find it strange how you can dream a whole days worth in a split second. When i was a kid my mum would call me to get up to get ready for school and then I would dream that I had got up, got dressed,washed ect. gone to school and then half way through a lesson the teacher would call my name and it was my mum calling me 5 mins later to get up (Does this mean I had twice as long a school day to everyone else?)

Sarah

Yes I can understand that much.

But for example: I had a dream that this giant insect thing bit my arm and I woke up with this huge rash, like it was raw and most of the skin was all ew. I thought maybe I was scratching at it or something but it looked nothing like a scratch mark. It was just plain weird.

441136[/snapback]

Maybe a bug really bit you, but since you were sleeping it ended up being in you dream?

I'll have dreams from time to time where I'll be falling and wake up flailing around. I was crying in one dream (dont recall why) but I woke up during it crying and I couldnt even remember the dream, just that I'd been crying. No scars or anything, a bruise once in a while though.

do you sleep walk because that can prove alot

No not that I know of.

I've also had a dream where I'd see weird beings speaking this weird language, and I could understand what they were saying. I also had a dream where I was seeing all these weird colors that don't even exist here. This is the hardest thing to explain to people because I don't know what they look like anymore because I can't even comprehend them. It's like a dog who dreams he saw color and wakes up unable to comprehend it because he only sees black and white.

That was one of the weirdest dreams. Course these don't have anything to do with scars, I just thought I should mention them.

I once had a dream that i was at a zoo as a was handling a snake and the snake started to constrict around my little finger. I woke up and my little finger was hurting - it was all numb like someone had squeezed the blood out of it!!!

I know what you are thinking - i probably slept on my little finger. I was thinking that too for awhile but you can't sleep on your little finger without sleeping on your whole hand and if that was the case than why wasn't the rest of my hand numb, only my little finger

Damn freaky dreams!

I had a dream once where I was being choked by a big green snake. When I woke up, and did my morning routine, I noticed (when I looked in the mirror) that I had red marks on my neck. It was very weird. That was the only time anything like that ever happened to me.

Edited by Dead_Man_Inc

I regularly have a dream where I fall through the floor then I wake up with butterflies in my stomach. no.gif

444726[/snapback]

unsure.gif This could be the beginning of an Out of Body Experience (OBE). If you have the nerve, you could just let yourself fall through the floor and observe what lies underneath. You should then be able to go anywhere you like, just by thinking about it. And you can also return to your body just by thinking about it. Be careful out there! OBErs have some strange experiences.

ph34r.gif Dr.H

• 4 weeks later...

Hm... I wonder. You know, when you keep telling yourself "i'm sick," and "I've got a stomach ache" you can actually get sick? I wonder how far you can really take that? Like, tell yourself that you're going to get cancer?

I wonder if you can actually injure yourself when you're sleeping?

• 13 years later...

I had a dream that seemed very realistic. I was sitting in the chair in my living room when a man walked into my view. All of a sudden, he quickly came near me with a large needle and injected something into my forehead. After this, everything went black and I woke up with a scratch/scab on the same spot on my forehead. To this day, I have a scar in that spot. (The scratch was crazy itchy too)

A spider or similar bit you.  Your brain incorporated the bite into a dream, and you scratched it while still asleep.  That's my theory, anyways..

BTW, it's a 14 year old thread, so you may not get any responses from the previous contributors..