Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump disbands economic councils as CEOs flee

ExpandMyMind

President Donald Trump on Wednesday disbanded two of his economic councils after a wave of defections from high-profile CEOs.

"Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!" Trump wrote in a tweet disbanding his Manufacturing Advisory Council and the Strategic and Policy Forum. Both councils were already facing the loss of multiple members.

All in all, eleven business leaders and CEOs had quit Trump's councils, eight of them this week alone in response to his controversial comments on race and white supremacy.

Trump's decision to disband the councils is a surprising retreat for the combative president, who has touted his business acumen, negotiating skills and economic policy as central strengths

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/346827-trump-disbands-economic-councils-amid-wave-of-defections

:D He announced it via Twitter (where else) just minutes after they all quit. :D 

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/346827-trump-disbands-economic-councils-amid-wave-of-defections

:D He announced it via Twitter (where else) just minutes after they all quite. :D 

Twitter ban pending.

:lol:

• Like 4

"controversial comments on race and white supremacy"

At that press conference, Trump said both white supremacists and counter-protesters were responsible for the violence that erupted Saturday at a rally to protest the removal of a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.

So the CEO's are virtue signalling? Good riddance. They don't give a hoot about Trump's benign comments, it's all about business and they are taking on a gamble on being the opposition.

"Sustainability, diversity and inclusion are my personal values and also fundamental to the 3M vision," Thulin said in a statement Wednesday

Really? Diversity and inclusion are "fundamental" to making sticky products? What a Beta. He caved completely to a bogus narrative.

• Like 3

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

:D He announced it via Twitter (where else) just minutes after they all quit. :D 

So he's trying to make it look like it was his idea. :lol: 

I love this quote:

"Racism and murder are unequivocally reprehensible and are not morally equivalent to anything else that happened in Charlottesville," CEO Denise Morrison said. "I believe the President should have been -- and still needs to be -- unambiguous on that point."

Very well said. 

• Like 2

Hmmmmm wonder what happened to all those CEO's ? 

For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council, I have many to take their place. Grandstanders should not have gone on. JOBS! - Trump just 24 hours ago 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

So he's trying to make it look like it was his idea. :lol: 

I love this quote:

Very well said. 

Yeah, I don't blame them. Trump basically backtracked the other day there and said that there were a lot of good people amongst those NAZIS. I mean the guy is an absolute disaster.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council, I have many to take their place. Grandstanders should not have gone on. JOBS

As there are: Ivanka (shoes), Jarred (real estate), Steve B. (swastika coffee mugs), Kellyanne (alternative advertising), Mike P. (creationist blog and literature) and Sarah S. (pink t-shirts).

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

So the CEO's are virtue signalling? Good riddance. They don't give a hoot about Trump's benign comments, it's all about business and they are taking on a gamble on being the opposition.

Really? Diversity and inclusion are "fundamental" to making sticky products? What a Beta. He caved completely to a bogus narrative.

exactly, they are like little spoiled bi@#$%#S throwing a fit, economic councils are not about trump, it is about america, these schmucks just showed what they are all about good riddance. 

• Like 2

Just now, aztek said:

exactly, they are like little spoiled bi@#$%#S throwing a fit, economic councils are not about trump, it is about america, these schmucks just showed what they are all about good riddance. 

Exactly its about America and decent Americans are taking a stand against this insanity 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Exactly its about America and decent Americans are taking a stand against this insanity 

lol, decent Americans are going on about their lives and have things to do, family to take care of,   it is the enemies of america are the ones  we hear about.  the lowlifes losers who have nothing better to do than to riot, 

as for those ceo's, their job was to to deal with economy not hurt feelings. 

• Like 2

NY Times Reporter Admits Antifa Protesters In Charlottesville Were 'Hate-Filled' And Violent Before Left Forces Her To Backtrack

"A few wrap-it-up thoughts from Charlottesville: Striking how many of the white nationalists were young people, almost entirely men," she wrote in a series of tweets Sunday. "The hard left seemed as hate-filled as alt-right. I saw club-wielding 'antifa' beating white nationalists being led out of the park. Among my unanswered questions: police response. Why did things get out of hand so quickly? Could violence have been prevented?"

Still not seeing Trump's Nazi supporting comments. He blamed both sides for the violence and he was correct. Any kool-aid drinkers want to dispute that?

• Like 3

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

Still not seeing Trump's Nazi supporting comments. He blamed both sides for the violence and he was correct. Any kool-aid drinkers want to dispute that?

"very fine people" Sorry man ,. like Chris Rock said , if you have 10 guys who decide its oK to hang out with 1 nazi, you now have 11 nazis.

Thats the problem, Trump called people who at best were arm in arm with nazis very fine people. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

"very fine people" Sorry man ,. like Chris Rock said , if you have 10 guys who decide its oK to hang out with 1 nazi, you now have 11 nazis.

Thats the problem, Trump called people who at best were arm in arm' with nazis very fine people. 

funny how you did not type the rest of his quote which is "on both sides"

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

there is absolutely no doubt antifa is all about violence and only violence. it is a terrorist organisation.

Wrong thread.

• Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

funny how you did not type the rest of his quote which is "on both sides"

Who cares? That wouldnt have changed my point at all. 

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats the problem, Trump called people who at best were arm in arm with nazis very fine people. 

Where is the "very fine people" quote? I might not be reading far enough back. I did find this quote, repeated on various sites:

President Trump called out the racists by name on Monday, saying, “Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to what we hold dear as Americans."

...seems like a pretty clear condemnation? Or there a timing element I am missing?

Edit to add--

Trump's statement seems to be enough for the mother of the girl killed at the rally.

On Monday, the mother of Charlottesville, Virginia victim Heather Heyer released a statement thanking President Donald Trump "for denouncing those who promote violence and hatred."

"Thank you, President Trump, for those words of comfort and for denouncing those who promote violence and hatred," reads a statement from mother Susan Bro. "My condolences, also, to the grieving families of the two state troopers and quick recovering for those injured."

If it's enough for her, it should be enough for the rest of the nation, I reckon.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

which is?

That trump called racists very fine people. 

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

Where is the "very fine people" quote? I might not be reading far enough back. I did find this quote, repeated on various sites:

...seems like a pretty clear condemnation? Or there a timing element I am missing?

no matter what he says haters will still hate. 

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

That trump called racists very fine people. 

then your point failed, he did not.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

You need to go to Tuesday's presser for the very fine people quote. Read the transcript of Donald Trump's jaw-dropping press conference If you havent watched the presser I highly recommend doing so it was off the rails. 

You have some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.

The POTUS simply cant speak like that. This POTUS with his history , and especially after his weak statement on Saturday and the two day wait for the scripted comments you quoted especially cant speak like that. 

24 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Only in so many sideways words, apparently.

Until Trump is turned into the Establishment's ventriloquist's dummy, this will never end.

Please, just blow it off.

Being as obtuse as Obama's supporters worked pretty well for them, why not just go with that?