Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump disbands economic councils as CEOs flee

ExpandMyMind

11 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Noone wants to be seen with Trump apparently : 

Now charities are dumping Trump, too 

this is like how Germans and other Europeans were forced to disassociate with Jews in WW2 -
to save themselves..and/ or their business...?

I expect small businesses and even private houses etc will think twice before they show public support
for Trump now - 

the so called anti- fascists are morphing into fascists before our very eyes - and like the ones in history they
are disturbingly convinced of their moral superiority -

Edited by bee
added a bit
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, bee said:

this is like how Germans and other Europeans were forced to disassociate with Jews in WW2

Well, thats an idiotic comparsion.

But anyway:

Presidential Executive Order on Buy American and Hire American                                                                                                   EXECUTIVE ORDER

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and to ensure the faithful execution of the laws, it is hereby ordered as follows:

(...)

(a)  Buy American Laws.  In order to promote economic and national security and to help stimulate economic growth, create good jobs at decent wages, strengthen our middle class, and support the American manufacturing and defense industrial bases, it shall be the policy of the executive branch to maximize, consistent with law, through terms and conditions of Federal financial assistance awards and Federal procurements, the use of goods, products, and materials produced in the United States.

(b)  Hire American.  In order to create higher wages and employment rates for workers in the United States, and to protect their economic interests, it shall be the policy of the executive branch to rigorously enforce and administer the laws governing entry into the United States of workers from abroad, including section 212(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1182(a)(5)).

(...)

etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toast said:

Well, thats an idiotic comparsion.

I don't think it is - the psychological strategy  is the same - 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

this is like how Germans and other Europeans were forced to disassociate with Jews in WW2 -
to save themselves..and/ or their business...?

I expect small businesses and even private houses etc will think twice before they show public support
for Trump now - 

the so called anti- fascists are morphing into fascists before our very eyes - and like the ones in history they
are disturbingly convinced of their moral superiority -

Yikes.....what is terrifying is that I think you actually believe that. The victim mentality is in full effect with the right wingers and it's clearly warped your mind. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Yikes.....what is terrifying is that I think you actually believe that. The victim mentality is in full effect with the right wingers and it's clearly warped your mind. 

calm down -- I'm just observing what's going on - and drawing obvious comparisons - 

• Like 1

Just now, bee said:

calm down -- I'm just observing what's going on - and drawing obvious comparisons - 

There isnt an obvious comparison though. One group was being persecuted due to their race (the jews) the other is being rightly called out for poor leadership, shady dealings and giving the glaring appearance of being racist. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

There isnt an obvious comparison though. One group was being persecuted due to their race (the jews) the other is being rightly called out for poor leadership, shady dealings and giving the glaring appearance of being racist. 

The psychological operation against Trump is trying to create a wedge between him and his supporters - and now they (and you)

have started really working on the racist angle - some people, like the charities you  mentioned are distancing themselves
because of guilt of association - they don't want to loose money or reputation - and that's the kind of thing that happened
with Jews in WW2 - friends and neighbours etc had to decide whether to put themselves at real risk or to turn their back on them -

• Like 1

Just now, bee said:

have started really working on the racist angle - some people, like the charities you  mentioned are distancing themselves
because of guilt of association - they don't want to loose money or reputation - and that's the kind of thing that happened
with Jews in WW2 - friends and neighbours etc had to decide whether to put themselves at real risk or to turn their back on them -

I get what you're trying to say, I just dont see the two situations as comparable at all. 

One is being isolated due to their heritage, the other is being isolated due to his actions - as in he has noone to blame but himself.

Its not the media's fault he took what was a golden political opportunity and turned it into a racist controversy - that was all on him. The man had a chance to appear truly presidential and instead he chose to appear petty and racist. As a result people dont want to be seen with him. 

To compare the two situations is truly delusional. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I get what you're trying to say, I just dont see the two situations as comparable at all. 

surprise surprise :) 

• Like 1

The boy scouts should be a good example though.  They invite Trump to speak, he politicized the event, lied about what they said, and embarrassed them.

Charities are supposed to be apolitical.  However having a celebrity like the president does good for publicity and fund raising.  The problem happens when that president drags politics and embaressment into everything.  That is what is forcing them to distance themselves.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bee said:

The psychological operation

There is no organised operation against Trump - The problem is Trump is playing for both sides, those that support and those that don't. If he would stop writing rediculous tweets, or in his case twits, and stop conducting off message interviews that show him up for what he is, there would be no Trump bashing. Trump is creating the bullets his enemies are firing at him. Stupid really.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

There is no organised operation against Trump - The problem is Trump is playing for both sides, those that support and those that don't. If he would stop writing rediculous tweets, or in his case twits, and stop conducting off message interviews that show him up for what he is, there would be no Trump bashing. Trump is creating the bullets his enemies are firing at him. Stupid really.  

you are entitled to your opinion - but re the bolded....

sorry  I consider that a naive opinion -

• Like 1

and , as you say you are entitled to your opinion

We'll just agree to differ

13 hours ago, RAyMO said:

and , as you say you are entitled to your opinion

We'll just agree to differ

ok ... :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Now, now... Where did you guys go...