Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump disbands economic councils as CEOs flee

ExpandMyMind

1 hour ago, aztek said:

turns out trump is a very powerful man, with 1 tweet he erased over 5B off amazon value.  seems like not best time to invest into internet market sites. 

It turns out the President of the United States  is a very powerful man. 

Who would have thought? 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, aztek said:

true, he is new to politics, he'll learn

but then look at the opposite side of the coin, our economy is in very bad shape, has been so for decade or more, so whatever the economic council did led us to  to where we are,  it is about time it got disbanded, no loss here,

It was a manufacturing council that was only in place for a couple months...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, aztek said:

turns out trump is a very powerful man, with 1 tweet he erased over 5B off amazon value.  seems like not best time to invest into internet market sites. 

Amazon shares started at 981USD today and were at 978USD p.m. So whats your point and why do you think that todays stock price performance, which was within the normal Amazon shares volatility range, is an indicator for "trump is a very powerful man"? I tell ya. Because trumpists always see what isnt there and dont see what is there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, toast said:

As there are: Ivanka (shoes), Jarred (real estate), Steve B. (swastika coffee mugs), Kellyanne (alternative advertising), Mike P. (creationist blog and literature) and Sarah S. (pink t-shirts).

Me and hubbie laughing our collective ***** off over that one. 

• Like 3

There may very well have been people who just wanted to protest taking down the monument because of some historical significance. 

That said, when the first guy with a nazi flag showed up...any decent person would go...oh ****...I'm not with them...and leave. 

• Like 4

They only said "Unite the Right" because they couldn't say "Unite the White" and still feign innocence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

It was a manufacturing council that was only in place for a couple months...

oh, my bad, i mistook it for National Economic Council, that is active since 1993'

even less harm then.

31 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

They only said "Unite the Right" because they couldn't say "Unite the White" and still feign innocence. 

lol, if they meant it, they would say it, they had signs white lives matter, so they were not shy of using white when they wanted.

why should they feel any restrain to use word white in a first place?

You know your President is screwed when Steve Bannon is looking more moderate than him.

Trump adviser Steve Bannon dubs white nationalists 'clowns'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40958329

(Though it must be said, it's laughable that Bannon would have any of us believe these are his real views. I mean that literally. I laughed). 

• Like 2

20841782_10156554045429676_7034315411709

https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2015/07/donald-ivana-trump-divorce-prenup-marie-brenner

Wow. He thought it was Mein Kampf that his "Jewish" (read: not Jewish) friend gave him. I guess that likely means that he also own Mein Kampf. 

This explains a lot. Like, a lot.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, aztek said:

It makes sense to boycott Amazon - to protect local community businesses, prevent an unhealthy monopoly and to
hit the owner Jeff Bezos where it hurts for his part in the vicious and deceitful anti Trump psychological operation -

(especially as he also owns the Washington Post one of the biggest Mind Control Media outlets - )

So highly educated highly paid CEOs quit economic forum because some people protested and trump instead of putting all of them in jail asked for everyone to calm down and behave. How is this relevant to economy or businesses ? Actually maybe it's good riddance. 

Just now, kartikg said:

So highly educated highly paid CEOs quit economic forum because some people protested and trump instead of putting all of them in jail asked for everyone to calm down and behave. How is this relevant to economy or businesses ? Actually maybe it's good riddance. 

They quit because trump said that racists were very fine people.  

13 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

They quit because trump said that racists were very , fine people.  

Oh ok I didn't know that , I highly doubt these CEO would put their profits at risk, can you please just let me know where did trump say that ? I have seen news but didn't see anywhere 

/fake news on***

Headline:

Trump eats Babies for breakfast

When asked about this Trump said that he could

not see anything wrong with killing and eating Babies for breakfast.

"Abortionists kill hundreds, maybe thousands of Babies each day

so they are even worse than me, but do you put them in jail?!" was his reply.

/fake news of****

Bet there are some die hard Trump suporters who would agree with him and think he had done nothing wrong!!!

• Like 1

Just now, kartikg said:

Oh ok I didn't know that , I highly doubt these CEO would put their profits at risk, can you please just let me know where did trump say that ? I have seen news but didn't see anywhere 

Here's where it comes down to how you interpret things. Trump did condemn racism in his statements so I dont want to misrepresent that 

The trouble comes in that Trump said in his Tuesday presser that there were "very fine people" protesting the monument coming down. My position, and I believe the position of the majority is that if you are marching with nazis, if you are arm in arm with the KKK you simply are not a very fine person. 

Just now, kartikg said:

Read the transcript of Donald Trump's jaw-dropping press conference 

You have some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people on both sides

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

There are just not any fine people marching arm and arm with neo-nazis. 

If the "right" wants to "unite" with the Klan and the neo-nazis...that's a bad thing. 

• Like 2

Let's just remember what we're talking about. 

The small group in the middle are the college kids who had nothing between them and the torch-wielding nazis except a flimsy homemade sign...

Image result for charlottesville va

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

20841782_10156554045429676_7034315411709

https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2015/07/donald-ivana-trump-divorce-prenup-marie-brenner

Wow. He thought it was Mein Kampf that his "Jewish" (read: not Jewish) friend gave him. I guess that likely means that he also own Mein Kampf. 

This explains a lot. Like, a lot.

People really should have known about that stuff before. It was widely publicized during the campaign. 

It's just that either people didn't really care, didn't believe the media (which was already getting attacked), or they were in a propaganda bubble where they would never even encounter the information.

• Like 3

Just now, ChaosRose said:

People really should have known about that stuff before. It was widely publicized during the campaign. 

It's just that either people didn't really care, didn't believe the media (which was already getting attacked), or they were in a propaganda bubble where they would never even encounter the information.

Kind of mind numbing. Throw the nazi book in with losing the racial discrimination lawsuits and him actually being quoted in a 1991 book saying he doesnt want black people handling his money ( I know i know its a liberal media time traveling conspiracy) and the picture of a racist really has become complete after the events of the last week. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You know your President is screwed when Steve Bannon is looking more moderate than him.

Trump adviser Steve Bannon dubs white nationalists 'clowns'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40958329

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

They quit because trump said that racists were very fine people.  

What are you guys doing? It was only what, 2 pages ago that we addressed Trump's statements, showing he both disavowed the Alt-Right (by name,) and the "fine people" quote is being taken out context (surprise).

Yet, here you are pretending none of that info is out there. Why?

Do you guys not care about the objective facts? Are you just looking to bash the Trump admin for a gas? If so, go for it but dont pretend to be interested in the truth when you know you don't really give a ***t

15 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Let's just remember what we're talking about. 

The small group in the middle are the college kids who had nothing between them and the torch-wielding nazis except a flimsy homemade sign...

Image result for charlottesville va

And yet those violent Nazis didn't beat them to death? Why not?

Edit to add--

Serious question. ANTIFA bashes heads with bike locks and strangle people with plastic bags at rallies. This time they were throwing bricks and excrement. So what gives?

Edited by Dark_Grey

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

What are you guys doing? It was only what, 2 pages ago that we addressed Trump's statements, showing he both disavowed the Alt-Right (by name,) and the "fine people" quote is being taken out context (surprise).

Do you guys not care about the objective facts? Are you just looking to bash the Trump admin for a gas? If so, go for it but dont pretend to be interested in the truth when you know you don't really give a ***t

They are disavowed because he clearly does support them. If, for example, I say something racist, then say something that explicitly condemns racism, then go on to say something racist again, would you believe me when I told you I wasn't a racist? The same applies to Trump and his support for racists.

• Like 1

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

No man im not denying that trump disavowed racists. Im however not conceding that the "very fine people" comment was taken out of context. 

He flat out said there were very fine people with the racists. Thats not out of context and thats unacceptable.  . 

As discussed just a few posts above this one Trump has a long history of racist/near racist behavior , that statement didnt happen in a vacuum. 

At a time when he should have been uniting the nation he slipped into whataboutism for political expediency showing his true heart. 

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

They are disavowed because he clearly does support them. If, for example, I say something racist, then say something that explicitly condemns racism, then go on to say something racist again, would you believe me when I told you I wasn't a racist? The same applies to Trump and his support for racists.

Show where he supported them. Not "alluded to" or stretching his words, show me exactly where Trump supported the Nazis.