Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Free Speech ?

RoofGardener

18 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Their own history seems to throw that whole point into question.  

What was their piece? Did you hear any of their speeches? 

I didn't get to see their speeches, none of the live streams showed it. Just that I know that the media labeled them as a hate group and yet they are peaceful group that went home when the rally ended, they are basically obeying the law after they said their pieces.

• Like 2

Just now, Uncle Sam said:

I didn't get to see their speeches, none of the live streams showed it. Just that I know that the media labeled them as a hate group and yet they are peaceful group that went home when the rally ended, they are basically obeying the law after they said their pieces.

Law abiding doesnt mean they arent hateful, in fact many of the most horrific acts in history have been done legally. 

That said i feel the need to reiterate that no I dont think that everyone who showed up there was racist or hateful, I just recognize the warning signs and think its either naive or devious to ignore them. 

Hmm.. I did a quick wizz through some of the youtube video's taken of the march... although most of it seemed to be "afterwards"; there was certainly no coverage of the speeches. 

It was hardly a scientific poll, but I'd have to make one comment. 

If I had to decide who the "bad guys" where... based purely on clothing, masks, weapons and demeanor. , then it would most certainly be the protesters against the rally. The rally-goers themselves just seemed to be a bunch of regular folk, in normal clothes.

Curious that there was no footage of the speeches ? 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Law abiding doesnt mean they arent hateful, in fact many of the most horrific acts in history have been done legally. 

That said i feel the need to reiterate that no I dont think that everyone who showed up there was racist or hateful, I just recognize the warning signs and think its either naive or devious to ignore them. 

Do you have any evidence to believe that the people in the rally where "hateful" ? 

• Like 2

Here's some things we might want to think about.

I saw two people holding a banner that read, "Justice For All". Does that include justice even for those we disagree with?

Or, what about this banner, "Stop Hate Speech". Who determines what the criteria for "hate speech" entails?

Do you ever wonder why the United States has historically protected free speech rights even for disgusting people like Nazis?

Why does the ACLU protect such group's Constitutional rights?

I suggest everyone do some research into these questions.

• Like 4

I've been watching a bit of the Live Stream -

BLM have just been chanting and going on about White Supremacists and a few minutes ago were chanting Black Power - Black Power -

Now they're chanting - " I believe that we will win"

Win what?

Edited by bee
spelling
  • Like 3

Just now, bee said:

I've been watching a bit of the Live Sream -

BLM have just been chanting and going on about White Supremacists and a few minutes ago were chanting Black Power - Black Power -

Win what?

Exactly, so does this type of 'winning' mean that the 'winners' get to do exactly what the protests are supposedly against?

Which group gets to put the children of the others into the arena next? (Hunger Games analogy)

• Like 3

"As you press on for justice, be sure to move with dignity and discipline, using only the weapon of love. Let no man pull you so low as to hate him. Always avoid violence. If you succumb to the temptation of using violence in your struggle, unborn generations will be the recipients of a long and desolate night of bitterness, and your chief legacy to the future will be an endless reign of meaningless chaos." ~Dr Martin Luther King~

• Like 5

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Do you have any evidence to believe that the people in the rally where "hateful" ? 

Well like i said the whole concept of a free speech rally has been used in the past as a venue for racists but thats not exactly evidence. 

The fact  that they invited one of the organizers of the Charlottesville rally who is also a holocaust denier to speak but not the BLM I think begins to paint the picture though. 

Again, I wasnt making a concrete claim , just saying the warning signs are there that it might not be as advertised. 

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

"As you press on for justice, be sure to move with dignity and discipline, using only the weapon of love. Let no man pull you so low as to hate him. Always avoid violence. If you succumb to the temptation of using violence in your struggle, unborn generations will be the recipients of a long and desolate night of bitterness, and your chief legacy to the future will be an endless reign of meaningless chaos." ~Dr Martin Luther King~

reading that gave me goose bumps and brought tears to my eyes -

such a wise man - 

thanks 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Exactly, so does this type of 'winning' mean that the 'winners' get to do exactly what the protests are supposedly against?

Which group gets to put the children of the others into the arena next? (Hunger Games analogy)

Alot of people would actually agree to throwing KKK members and their kids into a hunger game type arena.

People forget that once we stop respecting individual rights we lose everything. 

Democracy is great because it has given people the power to change the world without violence. As we have seen with our long struggled history of social change. The founding fathers didn't make everything perfect but they started the process that would give people the power to change everything. They got the ball rolling.

I know I'm a but off topic but my point is that if we allow violence towards people we disagree with despite how horrid their views are, like the KKK. Then everyone loses. 

Everyone is and should be equally protected under the law. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, bee said:

reading that gave me goose bumps and brought tears to my eyes -

such a wise man - 

thanks 

I wish people would listen to Dr King...really listen, listen with their hearts and their heads. The path I see many heading down will only lead to more hatred, more darkness, more suffering.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I wish people would listen to Dr King...really listen, listen with their hearts and their heads. The path I see many heading down will only lead to more hatred, more darkness, more suffering.

I am a Fan of Albert Einstein and Dr. Martin Luther King.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bee said:

I've been watching a bit of the Live Stream -

Win what?

Try living this bee. We can't even talk in here without venom. So many threads needing to be cleaned or locked. At the beginning of my one thread I knew it would happen there. These people are so predictable it isn't funny. Most Americans are caught in the crunch. God forbid you say something they don't like or call them out. The white supremacists are just coming out. I didn't even think there were so many. This is going nowhere good.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, susieice said:

Try living this bee. We can't even talk in here without venom. So many threads needing to be cleaned or locked. At the beginning of my one thread I knew it would happen there. These people are so predictable it isn't funny. Most Americans are caught in the crunch. God forbid you say something they don't like or call them out. The white supremacists are just coming out. I didn't even think there were so many. This is going nowhere good.

I hear you - these are very worrying times - let's hope everyone can hold it together and not fall or jump
off the precipice into chaos - those words of Martin Luther King that Lilly posted are very powerful -
I read them out to my friend and they felt the power as well -- another strong goosebump (kundalini)  moment ensued - :) 
it was a bit dramatic and I said -- omg I feel like I can feel the spirit of Martin Luther King ! -  I know
he died a long time ago but I think I was feeling the emotional imprint attached to him and his legacy -
the other person I get this strongly with is Princess Diana -

but anyway --  I just listened to this speech by Robert Kennedy announcing the assassination of Martin Luther King
and it's perfect for these troubled times --

• Like 6

I'm old, I personally remember the day John Kennedy was killed, the day Martin Luther King was killed, the day Robert Kennedy was killed. I remember it all, too clearly. My Mother stands crying at the doorway of our kitchen because a US President has been killed. My Father is shaking his head in disbelief as he watches the TV news because a peaceful Clergyman has been killed. I wake up one morning only to have my Father tell me Robert Kennedy has been killed. Yes, I remember it all too clearly.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I'm old, I personally remember the day John Kennedy was killed, the day Martin Luther King was killed, the day Robert Kennedy was killed. I remember it all, too clearly. My Mother stands crying at the doorway of our kitchen because a US President has been killed. My Father is shaking his head in disbelief as he watches the TV news because a peaceful Clergyman has been killed. I wake up one morning only to have my Father tell me Robert Kennedy has been killed. Yes, I remember it all too clearly.

So true Lilly, so true.

I was home from school the day JFK was shot and killed. Even at tender, naive age of 14 I knew this was going to change our country forever.

There was also that time at the end of the 60's with the RFK and MLK assassinations where it seemed like our culture was indeed doomed. 

Even as bad as those times were, I think that the events around the world are much worse today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

Even as bad as those times were, I think that the events around the world are much worse today.

Yeah, I (sadly) have to agree.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I wasn't around to view those events, I was born in 1984. Basically I didn't get to see those events when they played out, I have to resort to reliving history through knowledge.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Will Due said:

Often, when somebody comes along shining the light of truth in the world, they're immediately labeled a liar by those who prefer the darkness.

It's the form of blindness Jesus can't cure miraculously.

Even Don Lemon can be cured by Jesus Christ if he repents of his dishonesty and his propaganda. He defended Antifa on his comedy show on CNN. This is a grave sin against reality. However, the Lord can deliver the willfully ignorant if they ask Him to do so.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

So true Lilly, so true.

I was home from school the day JFK was shot and killed. Even at tender, naive age of 14 I knew this was going to change our country forever.

There was also that time at the end of the 60's with the RFK and MLK assassinations where it seemed like our culture was indeed doomed. 

That was before my time, but I experienced the '80s and the '90s. I wondered if the '60s seemed worse than the present as that decade was so absolutely tumultuous. It's scary to hear that it wasn't. Removing all rose-colored nostalgia, my youth seems like paradise when I look at the mass psychosis that grips us now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

I'm old too guys. I was home from school with the measles when JFK was shot. I was a week away from my 8th birthday. Everything closed and my brothers came home from school and work. I well remember how my family sat watching the news as Kennedy was brought back to DC and put in the Rotunda for public viewing. I remember the dignitaries marching to Arlington for his burial. I remember Johnson being sworn in on Air Force One. And I remember Jackie and the kids, she was stained with blood.

I remember sitting with my mom when the news broke that MLK had been shot. It was April 4th, my brother's birthday. We all sat and watched the news that night also. I was 13. I had seen the marches in the south and in DC on the news.

Shortly after, my dad called me into the living room. RFK had been shot. Again I sat and watched with my family. I was still 13. 

I was in the hospital after just giving birth to my daughter when the news broke in that Reagan was shot. I was 26.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Having lived through violent times personally gives one a very different perspective on the use of violence as a political tool.

• Like 1

My brother graduated from high school in 1966 and was drafted. He was discharged a year later because of medical reasons. Went to Fort Gordon, Georgia with another brother and my sister to see him in the hospital. He later told me he got more letters from me than anyone else but his girlfriend. Watching that war on TV all the time, I was grateful he was coming home. I was 12 by the time I saw him. Some of his friends weren't so lucky. I wanted them to come home. I went to a war moratorium with some high school classmates at a local college when Kent State happened. I was 15. That protest was peaceful. Violence doesn't work as a political tool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bee said:

I hear you - these are very worrying times - let's hope everyone can hold it together and not fall or jump
off the precipice into chaos - those words of Martin Luther King that Lilly posted are very powerful -
I read them out to my friend and they felt the power as well -- another strong goosebump (kundalini)  moment ensued - :) 
it was a bit dramatic and I said -- omg I feel like I can feel the spirit of Martin Luther King ! -  I know
he died a long time ago but I think I was feeling the emotional imprint attached to him and his legacy -
the other person I get this strongly with is Princess Diana -

but anyway --  I just listened to this speech by Robert Kennedy announcing the assassination of Martin Luther King
and it's perfect for these troubled times --

I never heard that speech before. Gave me shivers haha.

Thanks for posting 

• Like 2