Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Good news for Trump: 3.7% GDP growth

CeresExpo2000

This is what happens when you have a Free Market Capitalist in the White House.

We are growing the Private Sector.

• The title was changed to Good news for Trump: 3.7% GDP growth
14 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

This is what happens when you have a Free Market Capitalist in the White House.

We are growing the Private Sector.

If he was a free market capitalist he wouldn't be subsidizing coal mining.  Just saying.

• Like 3

Just now, OverSword said:

If he was a free market capitalist he wouldn't be subsidizing coal mining.  Just saying.

Coal is currently giving the USA a cheap Power Grid.

Also, we have a lot of it.

-------------

Natural Gas is also helping out.  Gas Turbine Power Generation

Just now, aztek said:

true, but he is also a president, he does what needs to be done to improve economy.

A cheap and reliable power grid helps everyone.

A cheap utility bill for consumers adds to their disposable income. $$$

Consumer Spending is 65% of the U.S. Economy.

1 minute ago, aztek said:

yes, so are the jobs,

4.3% Unemployment Rate is at a 16 year low.

People are getting off of Food Stamps and rejoining the labor force.

20 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

Coal is currently giving the USA a cheap Power Grid.

Also, we have a lot of it.

-------------

Natural Gas is also helping out.  Gas Turbine Power Generation

Maybe you don't understand free market capitalism as well as you believe.  You see when the government subsidizes industries it's no longer a free market, additionally these cheap power bills that you reference are paid for by tax dollars so it's how is it cheaper?  Also, all of the power in my state is hydro-electric so how is it to my advantage to have my tax dollars used propping up the coal industry? 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

4.3% Unemployment Rate is at a 16 year low.

They kept trotting out low unemployment numbers during the Obama administration too, was it true?  Seems there are more homeless everywhere I look than there ever has been so I'm doubting these numbers too.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Maybe you don't understand free market capitalism as well as you believe.  You see when the government subsidizes industries it's no longer a free market, additionally these cheap power bills that you reference are paid for by tax dollars so it's how is it cheaper?  Also, all of the power in my state is hydro-electric so how is it to my advantage to have my tax dollars used propping up the coal industry? 

I look at the Electrical Power Grid for the entire nation.

Overall low utility bills nationwide is a GOOD thing.

It's all about disposable income for the Average American.

1 minute ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

I look at the Electrical Power Grid for the entire nation.

Overall low utility bills nationwide is a GOOD thing.

It's all about disposable income for the Average American.

How are they actually cheaper when the difference in the power bill is due to government subsidies?  It's a shell game. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

They kept trotting out low unemployment numbers during the Obama administration too, was it true?  Seems there are more homeless everywhere I look than there ever has been so I'm doubting these numbers too.

Yes, millions of Americans were thrown onto Food Stamps during the Obama 8 year term.

Change /Restoration has begun.  Give it time.

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

How are they actually cheaper when the difference in the power bill is due to government subsidies?  It's a shell game.  Pull thy head.

Coal is a LARGE slice.

Coal 1.png

Just now, CeresExpo2000 said:

Coal is a LARGE slice.

Coal 1.png

Yeah, they take your tax dollars in one hand and give you a lower power bill in the other and you think they just did you favor?  Nope.

12 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

So you want the coal slice of the pie graph to disappear?

No, I don't want the government giving the companies mining the coal free money out of our pockets.  I want those companies to either profit or fold based on their own merits.  I'm for a free market. As soon as you have government giving money to businesses you no longer have a free market you have fascism.

Edited by OverSword

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It seems you don't quite understand the energy market or energy generation.  First off no state uses just hydroelectric energy generation.  http://www.hydro.org/why-hydro/available/hydro-in-the-states/, the highest state is Washington with approximately 68% of its energy production coming from hydroeletric.  Secondly, and this will answer why cheap coal is to your advantage, even if a state did have 100% hydroelectric energy generation it would be completely irrelevant as there are only 3 power grids in the entire United States, the Eastern, Western, and Texan interconnect.  While an individual state may not use a lot of coal for energy generation in that particular state other states do and those states also feed energy into the power grid that you use.  Ultimately cheaper coal drops the price of energy across the entire United States.

Of course energy markets are insanely more complicated, almost certainly the most complex market in America by far, and what I said is an extreme over simplification.

• Like 1

No, I don't want the government giving the companies mining the coal free money out of our pockets.  I want those companies to either profit or fold based on their own merits.  I'm for a free market. As soon as you have government giving money to businesses you no longer have a free market you have fascism and communism.

I can tell you that natural gas is grabbing a larger slice of that pie every year.

Reason: Lower maintenance costs + low price of natural gas

28 minutes ago, OverSword said:

How are they actually cheaper when the difference in the power bill is due to government subsidies?  It's a shell game. 

true, but look at it from another perspective,   things become cheaper as you get richer (price is the same but relative to your income it is cheaper) and if coal industry revival happens, many people will be employed again. and bills will be cheaper for them.  

one thing is to subsidize power company, like cuomo wanted to, which would  only benefit power company, vs industry bail out, including deregulation,  which would benefit the mining companies, and miners and companies supporting mining industry.  both bail outs but not really the same,

Edited by aztek

1 minute ago, DarkHunter said:

It seems you don't quite understand the energy market or energy generation.  First off no state uses just hydroelectric energy generation.  http://www.hydro.org/why-hydro/available/hydro-in-the-states/, the highest state is Washington with approximately 68% of its energy production coming from hydroeletric.  Secondly, and this will answer why cheap coal is to your advantage, even if a state did have 100% hydroelectric energy generation it would be completely irrelevant as there are only 3 power grids in the entire United States, the Eastern, Western, and Texan interconnect.  While an individual state may not use a lot of coal for energy generation in that particular state other states do and those states also feed energy into the power grid that you use.  Ultimately cheaper coal drops the price of energy across the entire United States.

Of course energy markets are insanely more complicated, almost certainly the most complex market in America by far, and what I said is an extreme over simplification.

Yes, Texas has their own power grid.

In an emergency, Texas would bounce back in about 20 minutes by opening the disconnect links.

The rest of the nation would take about 3 hours.

2 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

The rest of the nation would take about 3 hours.

blackout of 2003 showed it will take at least few days, and in some places a week.

5 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Coal is not cheaper when the means of lessening the cost is paid for by tax dollars. 

Maybe this will help you understand free market economy

Just now, aztek said:

blackout of 2003 showed it will take at least few days, and in some places a week.

LOL

a week?!

Better drive to Texas!:D

• The topic was locked