Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your personal theme music...

Daughter of the Nine Moons

When I feel like a strutin'

• Like 2

:yes:

• Like 4

Bachs "Toccata and fugue in g minor".

• Like 2

Right this second bird calls. 2 wild birds rescued this year and I just had to put one of our pet birds back in his cage. He worked out the door was loose (unknown to us) and got it open, I walked back inside and he was walking around the kitchen chirping to himself

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Today it's:

Saw them live in Liverpool about a hundred years ago ..... AMAZING!! :w00t:

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 3

Feeling cosmic (as usual)

Went to see John McLaughlin's Mahavishnu Orchestra at the Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles in 1975. They opened for Jeff Beck's band.

Oh what a night!

• Like 3

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

^ ^ BRILLIANT! :lol:

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2017 at 10:11 AM, Will Due said:

Feeling cosmic (as usual)

Went to see John McLaughlin's Mahavishnu Orchestra at the Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles in 1975. They opened for Jeff Beck's band.

Oh what a night!

Wow how cool!  I just saw McLaughlin this Wednesday on his farewell tour, just incredible.  He's 75 and there's no sign that it's impacted his playing, he's still on a whole other level.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Wow how cool!  I just saw McLaughlin this Wednesday on his farewell tour, just incredible.  He's 75 and there's no sign that it's impacted his playing, he's still on a whole other level.

Hey LG,

Something tells me you're a guitarist like me. I don't play that much anymore though, but back in the day, I was obsessed.

Carlos Santana was my main influence, he's one of a kind, but the other two who influenced me the most were Jimi and McLaughlin. 

I couldn't get enough of that Jazz/Rock fusion thing. I'm a drummer too so naturally, those fire guitar licks combined with them big and loose odd meter drum beats just rang my bell.

Mahavishnu in particular, tickled my fancy. "Visions of the Emerald Beyond" is my favorite. But "Between Nothingness and Eternity" is very cool too. I wore both of those records out on my turntable, listened to them so much.

It's a bygone era now. There's something about an aggressive jazz guitarist like McLaughlin plugging into a Marshall stack and blasting off, know what I mean?

I miss those days a whole lot. The kids don't know what they're missing though.

• Like 1

PUNK JAZZ - MR. GONE

• 2 weeks later...