Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

sartoga bragg lights

elizabeth

anybody ever been to the saratoga bragg light? or does anyone know much about it, i have been but i keep coming to the conclusion that its either car lights cause the road is so straight or electrical something cause i kept trying to film it with a camcorder and it was like the battery kept running down but i think it was a good battery.................................anyway i was just wanting to know what ur thoughts and ideas where on it....

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NME_locus

• dani10

• elizabeth

• james faust

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alien.gif Sorry I didn't get back earlier, My wife and Daughter had a " Ball OF Light" go over their car once, at night, back road, during a rain storm. I didn't think much about it at the time, but have since learned the area has copper and lead mines left over from the 17 & 18 hundreds. Through out the area people have seen what they call PISO Electric Phenomenon. Something about the storm reacts with the metal causing a High Amperage, low voltage, ionized ball of energy that floats around until it disperses. No danger though , it stays away from cars and people for some reason.

They also have lots of sighting in the mountains of Tennessee and Kentucky.

• 11 months later...

we are going to the bragg lights tonight for the second time in a row I'll tell you what we believe but last night we came up with nothing no lights no anything

we are gettingour and walkingthe road tonight

anybody ever been to the saratoga bragg light? or does anyone know much about it, i have been but i keep coming to the conclusion that its either car lights cause the road is so straight or electrical something cause i kept trying to film it with a camcorder and it was like the battery kept running down but i think it was a good battery.................................anyway i was just wanting to know what ur thoughts and ideas where on it....

OMG....I have been there and have picturers. I have mapped out and judge all the angles of the car lights. I have a photo of something strange from that. It looked like a a candle or a lantern crossing in front of my cvar. I drove at it and never caught up to it. Doing nearlt 25 mph for 5 - 10 minutes. It stayed about thirty yards in front. It stopped when I stopped and moved when I moved. I took a picture with a flash, and took a picture without a flash to prove that light source was it's own and not my camera flash doing it.

:alien: Sorry I didn't get back earlier, My wife and Daughter had a " Ball OF Light" go over their car once, at night, back road, during a rain storm. I didn't think much about it at the time, but have since learned the area has copper and lead mines left over from the 17 & 18 hundreds. Through out the area people have seen what they call PISO Electric Phenomenon. Something about the storm reacts with the metal causing a High Amperage, low voltage, ionized ball of energy that floats around until it disperses. No danger though , it stays away from cars and people for some reason.

They also have lots of sighting in the mountains of Tennessee and Kentucky.

Very interesting theory. Even more so that you said "storm". See, i believe what we see that are considered as ghostly lights is known as a form of lightning called "Ball lightning" which is an electrical charge from the earth released through things thaty are metal, like flag poles and something that is at the Saratoga Ghost light aka Bragg Road are railroad tracks from the 1920's where the old town of Saratoga is at the end of the 8 mile dirt road.

Saratoga - Beaumont- Bragg Rd. - Witnesses report a ghost of a headless man with a lantern.

Saratoga - Bragg Road - This is a road near Saratoga where a mysterious light hovered, sped away from or toward drivers or followed drivers. Some said it was the light from a lantern that belonged to the ghost of a railroad man who was accidentally killed on nearby railroad tracks.

Saratoga - Dirt rd. by RR tracks - It is reported that on certain nights a person can drive down the Saratoga light rd. and see lights floating and following people. It is said that an engineer is haunting the place where he was killed. There are several stories as to what actually happened there.

If you zoom into the flame, you will notice that it is the original photo and not photoshopped. It is not a white pixel, but if you keep zooming in, it's a red and green flame.

post-15805-1135281221_thumb.jpg

post-15805-1135281396_thumb.jpg

Edited by NME_locus

There are two threads started over the same thing........ :blink:

for some reason this is the only "phenomena" i actually don't believe in

for some reason this is the only "phenomena" i actually don't believe in

Why? Please don't tell me that you believe in orbs though. I myself am a true skeptic, but i can't make any claims unless I have bêen there to investigate. If I were to be a skeptic, might as well be a open minded skeptic, and not a passive skeptic. They think the know a lot but really don't know much at all.

I don't believe in it either. I do believe it is some form of lightning. Daniella, how much investigating have you done out there. I nearly covered at least 30 acres of it. Spent a few days. I have all the maps of all the angles of the road and where all the angles of the lights from the cars travelling.

What is your input on this. What do you think was in those pictures I posted?

Edited by NME_locus

hmm i don't know. on the other hand, i believe in lots of other things that some people might think are not true, so then this might be true :)

I've heard about it being soomeone with a lantern. Actually I saw a tv show and they were investigating one of those lights, and at the end it turned out to be a Stop sign, so you never know.

But I don't know, i don't feel like thinking today. merry xmas everybody!

hmm i don't know. on the other hand, i believe in lots of other things that some people might think are not true, so then this might be true :)

I've heard about it being soomeone with a lantern. Actually I saw a tv show and they were investigating one of those lights, and at the end it turned out to be a Stop sign, so you never know.

But I don't know, i don't feel like thinking today. merry xmas everybody!

I'm a skeptic and really don't believe in paranormal and went there to prove that the site is not paranormal either. But no one should lay judgement if they have never been there.

I don't think it's a ghost, but think it's a form of lightening that is real rare called "ball lightening."

Bragg road his is a dirt road, in the heart of Big Thicket National Wildlife Refuge. Having a stop sign here, is like having a stop sign in the middle of the desert. Stop signs don't glow, they reflect, and stop lights are not present around there for at least 10-15 miles. There is scarse civilization.

I have covered acres and acres of this place, and have even mapped out every angle of roads. I thought they were carlights once, but the angles do not add up.

Even if I do not have any support, I am still only a few members that have a clear photo, and taken with and without the flash, and the light source remains.

Most people that do not have an explanation passes it off for cars. Even an uneducated person would know that if you can see car headlights, it means that they are coming towards you, so why if you stand 100 yards in front of it, it never arrives, even waiting up to 20 minutes. No possible way for a car to drive in reverse on dirt roads going that fast. May I add that there are swamps on both sides of the dirt road. Also, in my pictures taken, if anmyone took the time to look deeper, they would realize that the light, if you zoom in, is actually, green and red light.

Edited by NME_locus

There you go, that's what I meant when I said I didn't think it was true. I meant that I didn't think it was a ghost (but yes to the natural gas theory I've heard before)

There you go, that's what I meant when I said I didn't think it was true. I meant that I didn't think it was a ghost (but yes to the natural gas theory I've heard before)

Sorry mama, was not meaning to be rude or anything. I was trying to state that it was an logical answer to all explanations. Even my New Mexico incident, my sighting of the lady in the tree.

I do lean more towards "ball Lightening" though....it would explain this below.

Here's the results to many links with much info on Ball lightening. This will change your look on ghostly balls of light.

http://search.msn.com/results.asp?FORM=sCP...%20lightning%22

Edited by NME_locus