Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do muslims emigrate to Christian lands

Philangeli

46 minutes ago, AlienzTruth said:

It's sad to see how many there are who are afraid of other cultures. Embrace it, learn from them and live together. Geez!
I know many muslims who have celebrated christmas and even birthdays.

I live in a small English town where there are few muslims - most of them run the despised and much hated "indian" takeaways and restaurants (no sane Englishman would ever deem to eat foreigh food!*)

One of these establishments is next to my shop.   I remember a chat with one of the muslims who work there a few years ago, about Christmas, and how he looked forward to it because he liked seeing the street decorations   The same establishment (despite being run by Muslims) always has a "Happy Christmas" sign up in the window in December.   Okay, the latter is mainly for commercial reasons, but they dont have to .....

* sarcasm: "muslim" food is extremely popular in England, some even argue it is now our "national dish" (chicken tikka masala)

• Like 2

@Essan

I'm not sure what the word "deem" holds as meaning in that sentence, does it mean would not consider eating foreign food or that they would consider eating foreign food?

Either way, arabic foods and persian food is the most yummiest ever! I hope they open some restaurants where I live, I would go! I'm lucky who have a friends who is arabic and have made me dinner a couple of times, mmmmm. The same with persian. When i smell persian food I just want to break into their home and join them for dinner, lmao!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlienzTruth said:

@Essan

I'm not sure what the word "deem" holds as meaning in that sentence, does it mean would not consider eating foreign food or that they would consider eating foreign food?

It means would not eat ....

My point being (with sarcasm) that a great many Britons actually love eating "muslim" food, to the extent that "Indian" takeaways (usually run, despite the name, by Bangladeshi muslims) have become an accepted part of our culture and chicken tikka masala is on a par with roast beef as our national dish!

If it wasnt for muslims. there would be no curries .....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AlienzTruth said:

It's sad to see how many there are who are afraid of other cultures. Embrace it, learn from them and live together. Geez!
I know many muslims who have celebrated christmas and even birthdays.

Afraid? I  personally am certainly not afraid of other cultures. But i am angry when I see people of a religion murdering innocent people in the name of their religion.

As for embracing - like the shia muslims embrace the sunni muslims? 

Just now, freetoroam said:

Afraid? I  personally am certainly not afraid of other cultures. But i am angry when I see people of a religion murdering innocent people in the name of their religion.

As for embracing - like the shia muslims embrace the sunni muslims? 

So as I posted yesterday your neck of the woods has had many years , decades even with much much more terrorism than what you're currently experiencing, and you guys came through it fine. What lessons can be drawn from those times? Perhaps you can look to the past as a way forward. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, third_eye said:

What I hear with that question is 'why won't the Muslim Countries clean up the crap the Western Govrnments leave behind ?'

I have heard this numerous times....and by immigrants from these countries who have moved to England, why would any one leave their muslim country, blame the west for it and .......move to the west?

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

So as I posted yesterday your neck of the woods has had many years , decades even with much much more terrorism than what you're currently experiencing, and you guys came through it fine. What lessons can be drawn from those times? Perhaps you can look to the past as a way forward. 

We have not really had it for that many years, we have been through the IRA days, and boy did I go through some scary times then, we are having an increase in attacks from radical muslims,  it is not just the attacks, it is the growing number of hatred we are seeing against the west by muslims born here, we are seeing a growing number of muslim only areas, and trust me Farmer, there are many races here of all different religions, and the muslims have no intentions of living next to any of them. 

Some people on here have never been to parts of Bedford or Luton, or Small Heath in Birmingham - which had a sign up a few days back saying "no whites after 8pm", (there is a long list, but will keep it short for now)  until they do and see how quickly these areas are becoming radicalized and racist against others -of all colours, then they are not fully aware of how out of control things are getting.

We are only a small island, we have been through the tensions before, we are striving for peace and to live together, there are muslim communities who have no intentions of living side by side with others.  This is not the way to go forward. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Essan said:

I live in a small English town where there are few muslims - most of them run the despised and much hated "indian" takeaways and restaurants (no sane Englishman would ever deem to eat foreigh food!*)

One of these establishments is next to my shop.   I remember a chat with one of the muslims who work there a few years ago, about Christmas, and how he looked forward to it because he liked seeing the street decorations   The same establishment (despite being run by Muslims) always has a "Happy Christmas" sign up in the window in December.   Okay, the latter is mainly for commercial reasons, but they dont have to .....

* sarcasm: "muslim" food is extremely popular in England, some even argue it is now our "national dish" (chicken tikka masala)

Muslim food? do you mean as in halal? 

Indian food , does not mean is it  muslim food.  You may offend a few indians with that one.

Was Ali Ahmed Aslam, a muslim chef? i do not recall he was.

Seriously, if sunni and shia were so anti each other how come they can live fine together today. They disagree with some aspects in their religions which many different religions do, hence why there's so many religions. There's different religions in Iran and Syria and they live together just fine. People must learn to seperate the people from the regimes.

There will always be different opinions amongst different cultures, non-religions and religions.
People also murder outside of religion. You can't blame religion for everything. Sick twisted evil people exist with religious belief and without.
Wonderful people too.

Extremism however is another thing. Extremism comes in all religions and non-religions.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AlienzTruth said:

Seriously, if sunni and shia were so anti each other how come they can live fine together today. They disagree with some aspects in their religions which many different religions do, hence why there's so many religions. There's different religions in Iran and Syria and they live together just fine. People must learn to seperate the people from the regimes.

There will always be different opinions amongst different cultures, non-religions and religions.
People also murder outside of religion. You can't blame religion for everything. Sick twisted evil people exist with religious belief and without.
Wonderful people too.

Extremism however is another thing. Extremism comes in all religions and non-religions.

Exactly where is this paradise where Sunni Arabs and Shia live together so harmoniously?

• Like 1

There are shia and sunni in my country, they live as neighbours, in my old neighbourhood there lived a lot of shia and sunni. No probs there. Ever. I have shia and sunni friends. I come from a shia family. I have sunni friends. Most countries have both sunni and shia living there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlienzTruth said:

There are shia and sunni in my country, they live as neighbours, in my old neighbourhood there lived a lot of shia and sunni. No probs there. Ever. I have shia and sunni friends. I come from a shia family. I have sunni friends. Most countries have both sunni and shia living there.

Is that country in the Middle East, or is it in the West?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AlienzTruth said:

You can't blame religion for everything.

we can blame it for thousands of deaths throughout history. 

2 minutes ago, AlienzTruth said:

what country do you live in?

I live somewhere in Europe. I have family in Iran. Some of my friends are from Syria, I have a european friend who have been in syria before the war broke out.

But I do agree with one thing, why do they go to the western countries when it's them who are stealing and destroying the middle east. Well America is. And Britain. 
The younger generations doesnt seem to mind, they like all the hype, american movies and so on. I don't know but I believe the younger generations are over it. It's the older generations that still have that pain inside from what America and Britain did, and continues to do to the middle east.

To travel I understand. But to move and live there. Sure, with the wars in their countries I understand why they flee. But if someone just decided to move on their free will, I don't get why the western countries. Two of my other friends from syria their cousins fled to Dubai. Probably more who have fled there. But it's expensive to live there. Remember they don't have very much when they run. I heard from some that others fled to Turkey.

Edited by AlienzTruth
  • Like 2

Echoes answer, mournfully. Under the tempering influence of Western Civilization, they manage to co-exist in my country, as well, without  stepping on each others toes or offending each others religious sensibilities. 

11 minutes ago, AlienzTruth said:

I live somewhere in Europe. I have family in Iran. Some of my friends are from Syria, I have a european friend who have been in syria before the war broke out.

But I do agree with one thing, why do they go to the western countries when it's them who are stealing and destroying the middle east. Well America is. And Britain. 
The younger generations doesnt seem to mind, they like all the hype, american movies and so on. I don't know but I believe the younger generations are over it. It's the older generations that still have that pain inside from what America and Britain did, and continues to do to the middle east.

To travel I understand. But to move and live there. Sure, with the wars in their countries I understand why they flee. But if someone just decided to move on their free will, I don't get why the western countries. Two of my other friends from syria their cousins fled to Dubai. Probably more who have fled there. But it's expensive to live there. Remember they don't have very much when they run.

It's been going on for over thousand years, since Islam overran Christendom, all the way to the Pyrenees and the gates of Vienna. There's enough blame to go around, and more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

Muslim food? do you mean as in halal? 

Indian food , does not mean is it  muslim food.  You may offend a few indians with that one.

Was Ali Ahmed Aslam, a muslim chef? i do not recall he was.

I deliberately used " " around muslim ;)    But my point was that most "Indian" takeaways and restaurants in Britain are run by muslims (from Pakistan or, more commonly, Bangladesh).  

Whether or not our national dish, chicken tikka masala, originated in Glasgow is, however, a moot point :D  

• Like 3

Ahem. Maybe not so much Western Europe, but here in America, we're supposed to be the tolerant ones. You know, the ones who welcome the poor and the needy and those persecuted for their beliefs?

So if your city is overrun by fanatics and killers and your home is destroyed and your livelihood is gone because the invaders believe something different than you do, why wouldn't you set your sights on a country where you think you will be accepted and where you don't have to worry about the safety of your family from theocratic invaders?

Would that Christians acted like Christians. Would that Americans acted the way we tell the world we act.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Seems like this isn't really a spiritual discussion. 

I suspect it was never intended as such but more of a political one with religious belief playing a part. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Essan said:

Not sure exactly what you are getting at here, but very few indians would be muslim  (unless they were original refugees from the partition of india and  pakistan which might be the case in the Uk.

I've never met a muslim Indian in australia  A lot of sikhs and hindus with a few jainists and buddhists (and a surprising number of non religious)  

A quick google showed why my own experience is likely.

During the 2006 Census, 147,106 Australian residents declared that they were born in India, of which 79,025 held Australian citizenship. The states with the largest Indian-born residents were New South Wales (57,156), Victoria (52,853) and Western Australia (15,157). 64,968 declared they were Hindu and 26,500 declared they were Sikh. Other minorities include Muslims and Christians 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Australians

Edited by Mr Walker

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Not sure exactly what you are getting at here, but very few indians would be muslim  (unless they were original refugees from the partition of india and  pakistan which might be the case in the Uk.

I've never met a muslim Indian in australia  A lot of sikhs and hindus with a few jainists and buddhists (and a surprising number of non religious)  

A quick google showed why my own experience is likely.

During the 2006 Census, 147,106 Australian residents declared that they were born in India, of which 79,025 held Australian citizenship. The states with the largest Indian-born residents were New South Wales (57,156), Victoria (52,853) and Western Australia (15,157). 64,968 declared they were Hindu and 26,500 declared they were Sikh. Other minorities include Muslims and Christians 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Australians

You're both right.

The majority of Indian immigrants in Australia and UK will not be Muslim. For example, in the UK the majority tend to be Punjabi Sikhs or from Gujurat (Hindu or Jain).

But what Essan is referring to is the people who own and run 'Indian' restaurants. And he's right - a great many of them are Bangladeshi (hence, Muslim).

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Arbenol said:

You're both right.

The majority of Indian immigrants in Australia and UK will not be Muslim. For example, in the UK the majority tend to be Punjabi Sikhs or from Gujurat (Hindu or Jain).

But what Essan is referring to is the people who own and run 'Indian' restaurants. And he's right - a great many of them are Bangladeshi (hence, Muslim).

Ok thanks. This makes sense, given that Indian was placed in quotation marks. It is why i said i didnt understand the point he was making.

Very interesting, culturally, that Bangladeshi would run indian restaurants, but understandable in socioeconomic terms.  wiki says that 8 out of 10 indian restaurants in the uk are owned by Bangladeshi

today there are 8,500 Indian restaurants, of which around 7,200 are Bangladeshi. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_of_British_Bangladeshis

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I have heard this numerous times....and by immigrants from these countries who have moved to England, why would any one leave their muslim country, blame the west for it and .......move to the west?

Its the blame game, blame them they blame this blame that blame, mostly begins with accusations ... accuse them they accuse this accuse that accuse ...

~

as for ....

move to the west?

Oh I dunno ... as far away from the war zones as possible maybe ?

~

10 hours ago, Essan said:

I deliberately used " " around muslim ;)    But my point was that most "Indian" takeaways and restaurants in Britain are run by muslims (from Pakistan or, more commonly, Bangladesh).  

Whether or not our national dish, chicken tikka masala, originated in Glasgow is, however, a moot point :D  

I love a good indian takeaway...but the one i use are not muslims. 

An excellent indian takeaway i used near us at the time,They delivered to us at the marina we were at over christmas and i showed the guy marina with all the lights on top of the boats, he loved it and brought his child and wife to have a look a few days later. He said thankyou for showing him such a magical sight, it was something he will never forget and his little boy was in absolute awe. 

I did tell him we were not christians, that majority were pagans. He said he will take his child there every year now. :)

Edited by freetoroam

Maybe you should ask Muslims, I'm sure all of their answers would be different. Also, while many countries may have a majority Christian population, there are very few Christian nations.

• Like 2