Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lukas Podolski

Helen of Annoy

Like I often say to the alt-righters, you're not helping. You're not helping at all. 

https://www.indy100.com/article/breitbart-london-lukas-podolski-jet-ski-holiday2014-human-trafficking-germany-football-7903106

On Friday, Breitbart published an article about human trafficking in the Mediterranean.

To illustrate it they bizarrely used a photo of German international footballer Podolski from 2014, taken off the coast of Brazil.

Podolski has no connection to human trafficking whatsoever.

The article claimed that:

Spanish police on Thursday said they had shut down a gang charging migrants 5,000 euros each to bring them across from Morocco via the Strait of Gibraltar on jet-skis.

• Like 5

*sounds of jaws dropping*

• Like 3

The article now has a picture of a bunch of (I assume random) black guys, so that should resonate a bit better with their readership.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Like I often say to the alt-righters, you're not helping. You're not helping at all. 

https://www.indy100.com/article/breitbart-london-lukas-podolski-jet-ski-holiday2014-human-trafficking-germany-football-7903106

I tell you who is helping - the European warships which are fishing some of the migrants out of the Med and bringing them into Europe. They're helping the people traffickers.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The article now has a picture of a bunch of (I assume random) black guys, so that should resonate a bit better with their readership.

Yup, it'll probably satisfy their readership, but no one else. Especially not Poldi or his lawyer. 

I also wonder now if these seemingly random guys are actually someone's whole national football team. 

This was so tragicomic they definitely made me doubt the superiority of the white race :lol: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Black Monk said:

I tell you who is helping - the European warships which are fishing some of the migrants out of the Med and bringing them into Europe. They're helping the people traffickers.

Hold your breath. When you start feeling discomfort, you're close to understanding how ugly is death by drowning. 

No one questions there's a huge problem with arriving refugees. But, no one should question there's not just a problem, but a set of huge problems actually, that move the masses of desperate people towards Europe. These problems are to be solved and not by letting living, breathing, human beings drown. 

If they were masses of donkeys, I'd still never say - let them drown. I don't want to wade through corpses on my beach. I don't want that on my conscience. 

Traffickers are helped by the fact that authorities of countries where the 'starting' points are, are either not in position to do much (Libya) either see the refugees as an extortion tool (Turkey).

The European warships are saving lives and thus saving our culture, because contrary to what alt-right told you, our culture is humane. And it lasted through much harder times. Implying my culture can be brought down by newcomers, still a fraction of our populations, is ridiculous, offensive and shows inferiority complex of the alt-righters. You are doing it wrong, you're supposed to believe you're superior.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Helen, The picture was wrong, but what about the story, did that have any truth to it? after all that is the crux of the matter.

2 hours ago, Black Monk said:

They have since stopped that policy, but charities have filled the void, So charities with no legal justification are by default people trafficking. Its crazy to think, these migrants are paying anywhere from a $1,000 dollars to $3,000 dollars to the buy themselves a place on the people smugglers boat. - and these are citizens from a continent where the average wage is $3 dollars a day, so they've saved hard haven't they. - Has no-one asked them the question, if you've got $1,000+ dollars why don't you just purchase a valid ticket, board the Airline and fly to whatever country and upon touchdown apply for Asylum, or why don't they go along to their nearest chosen country's embassy and ask for the application papers for asylum or migrant visa, is it because they know they have no legal justification or right and would be refused entry by going down the official route, so they decide feck it, and just illegally enter the country. - are these people going to be model citizens once arrived, when their first act to the host country is to break the law of that country by illegally entering. Apparently all these migrants are doctors, nurses and engineering types does it sound like the actions of highly educated, highly skilled professionals. - no, i thought not to, whose kidding who here.

Edited by stevewinn

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Helen, The picture was wrong, but what about the story, did that have any truth to it? after all that is the crux of the matter.

The crux of this embarrassment is that it shows in how high esteem Breitbart holds its consumers. Not that we didn't know before, I just wanted to share a laugh here. 

Now, were any Africans jet skied to Spain? Not likely, but who knows, people come in boats, truck floors, suitcases... did you know the probable world record is 143 Afghans in one tanker truck? Seriously.  And it's from 2010, Greece, because people are coming for years and years and no one cared. Now, when it's weaponized, now we care.  

So I wouldn't complain about Spanish coast guard lack of superpowers, I'd repeat that people will keep coming for as long as they have no way to survive at home. 

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

They have since stopped that policy, but charities have filled the void, So charities with no legal justification are by default people trafficking. Its crazy to think, these migrants are paying anywhere from a $1,000 dollars to $3,000 dollars to the buy themselves a place on the people smugglers boat. - and these are citizens from a continent where the average wage is $3 dollars a day, so they've saved hard haven't they. - Has no-one asked them the question, if you've got $1,000+ dollars why don't you just purchase a valid ticket, board the Airline and fly to whatever country and upon touchdown apply for Asylum, or why don't they go along to their nearest chosen country's embassy and ask for the application papers for asylum or migrant visa, is it because they know they have no legal justification or right and would be refused entry by going down the official route, so they decide feck it, and just illegally enter the country. - are these people going to be model citizens once arrived, when their first act to the host country is to break the law of that country by illegally entering. Apparently all these migrants are doctors, nurses and engineering types does it sound like the actions of highly educated, highly skilled professionals. - no, i thought not to, whose kidding who here.

Obviously, the pricelist you've got is wrong. I guess there were situations where the price was that high (Syrians were ripped off, they came running away from the war, but with savings), but I'm quite certain you can find a cheaper ride. Still, a fortune for these people. Who knows who sold what or who to pay for it. Of course everything about it is a chain of crimes. It's what people do when they can't live one usual, boring life in peace. Walk a mile in their shoes, notice that you have no shoes for starts, and then tell me if they are doing something you wouldn't in their place. 

We won't get rid of them by repeating how shocked we are with their determination to stay alive. 

Instead of blaming them for trying, blame your politicians for not trying at all. I mean, they, the politicians, are trying to pass the refugees on, but how stupid is that? Tee-hee, we tossed them over the border to you. Congratulations. Imagine if we dealt with the dead the way we deal with the living. Don't bother with grandma, just catapult the body over the border. Insane, right? But it's completely sane to throw live people around. 

There must be cooperation, since the migrant tsunamis are not entirely random, they are hostile operations too, and there must be basic human compassion, or else what do we defend? Greed almighty? 

And mocking refugees for not being skilled enough is not just disgusting, it's so tired already. Pro-Russian trolls in Slavic-speaking part of the Internet use it daily and it became their trade mark. Which idiot thought of it first? When sane people told you that half of Syria is on the move and that these who decided to go to Europe are mostly urban people, many of them educated, it was obvious truth. When you act like you somehow managed to misunderstand that, as it applied on any refugee, from anywhere, you are not leaving 'masters of sarcasm' impression, you look like you're actually unable to understand very simple facts. 

And, by the way, doctors and engineers can be *******s too, even if they're white and proclaimed Christian, just like someone without any qualification could be kind and willing to learn, even if black and Muslim.

I said proclaimed Christian, because a true Christian cannot be an *******, it's against their religion. Seriously. I know it's shocking news, but it is so.