Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Goodwill Industries

Keel M.

I just want to take a moment to share how amazing the organization that is Goodwill Industries is. Donating your disused clothes or other household items (still in working condition) helps thousands of people receive gainful employment. My brother is mentally handicapped and he works at a store near our house. Not only do they help those who are disabled, I also read in an article that the local Goodwill Industries is helping foster children who are aging out of the system. Most kids turn 18 and have no other family to help them once they are out of the foster care system. Goodwill steps in to help them find work and a home to call their own. I think this is a remarkable thing to do so I will continue to support Goodwill in any way I can because these two segments of society are often forgotten and they need our help.

• Like 5

We have a Goodwill Industries here in town and we also have something called a Neighborhood Relief Store who helps people locally with clothes, appliances, etc.  

They took a lot of heat for their CEO raking in that much, but ultimately, it's still a great thing. Employing people with disabilities and recycling stuff instead of seeing it in a landfill. It's all win.