Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
rashore

Make America Ghostly Again: Demon Cat of D.C.

5 posts in this topic

rashore

I will haunt you for this…

Has anyone ever considered the possibility that vermin have an afterlife?  I sense a business opportunity in phantom pest control.  It’s obvious that Washington D.C. is filled with rats.  In fact, the urban centers of the northeastern United States tend to have the most severe rodent infestations (for example, between 13-18% of households report routine rat or mouse sightings in Philadelphia, Boston, New York, and the District of Columbia, as compared to rates more like 5% in the Southeast and Southwest).  The rest of the country generally assumes that this is due to a certain affinity between the human and rat populations, but in truth the reasons for the higher rat populations are much more mundane.  The cities of the Northeast have been around longer, are more densely populated, and their older infrastructures make for an ideal rat habitat.  As Jim Fredericks, chief entomologist at the National Pest Management Association stated, “These old cities have had entrenched rat populations since colonial times”.  And ever since we’ve had rats, we’ve been coming up with ways to eradicate them.  Of course, the oldest solution, apart from obeisances to the great Rat God, has been to release the cats, who despite a tendency towards indolence, harbor an abiding, genocidal hatred of the entire genus Rattus.  This undoubtedly leads to rat slaughter, and one would think, an overabundance of rat ghosts.  How would one tell the difference between corporeal and incorporeal rats?  Aside from contracting the services of rat exorcists, the simplest alternative would likely be phantom cats.  The problem with this is that since live cats regard us with disdain, undead cats most assuredly consider us prey.  Case in point, the Demon Cat of the Capitol.

https://esoterx.com/2017/08/16/make-america-ghostly-again-the-demon-cat-of-washington-d-c/

• Like 1

ChaosRose

I have seen and heard phantom cats. They even use a phantom litter box. 

That said, I don't know about the rats. 

• Like 1

FLOMBIE
12 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I have seen and heard phantom cats. They even use a phantom litter box. 

That said, I don't know about the rats. 

I know this under the term "shadow cats", and I have experienced this phenomena for a few years. 

• Like 1

ChaosRose
1 minute ago, FLOMBIE said:

I know this under the term "shadow cats", and I have experienced this phenomena for a few years. 

Far less disturbing than those gigantic shadow spiders. 

• Like 1

FLOMBIE
Just now, ChaosRose said:

Far less disturbing than those gigantic shadow spiders. 

You bet! :D

• Like 1