Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seeder

Humanoid robots to help passengers check in

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Air New Zealand experiments with robots at Sydney Airport

Air New Zealand is continuing its exploration of futuristic technology, this time with a new social robot that will help passengers check-in and board at Sydney Airport.

The five-day experiment is part of a collaboration with Commbank and uses the company’s Chip Candroid social humanoid robot, which the bank introduced within its Sydney Innovation Lab late last year. Travellers can see and interact with the robot until this Friday, August 25 at Air New Zealand’s check-in desks and select departure gates.

“People interact with them in a very social and sometimes emotional way, which means they can enhance experiences in ways that other technologies are unable to do,” said Tiziana Bianco, the bank’s general manager of Innovation Labs. “Chip is one of the most advanced humanoid robots in the world, and is perfect for our work aimed at understanding how humans and robots interact in dynamic social spaces.”

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2017/08/22/air-new-zealand-experiments-robots-sydney-airport/

Edited by seeder
1 person likes this

Surely [insert name of budget airline of your choice here] have been employing them for years. :mellow:

1 person likes this

I was at Miami International a couple of weeks ago and they have a roving robot thingy asking if you need any assistance.

Its not a real robot though its just like this minus the Tshirt :

Image result for sheldon robot

Maybe they'll be faster...

Does that mean when treat me like I am cattle and  I lose it, rip it's head off and stomp it, it won't be considered murder? 

1 person likes this