Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this the truth about Abrahamic religions?

OverSword

On ‎8‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:19 AM, ChaosRose said:

Probably a holdover from when they used to stop serving breakfast at 11:00. People used to go ballistic. 

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:42 PM, Mr Walker said:

My mum was psychic. Knew everything you were doing and had done :)  MAde life hard. Eg   Soon after getting my drivers license I  drove into the yard, parked the car, walked inside. Mum says "Why were you doing 80 down mortlock terrace? You know its a 60 k zone?".    Way before mobile phones or the internet, yet 3 minutes after i was speeding, mum busts me for it . 

She didn't know everything you did   ......   she told the police, that came around your place looking for Mr peek-a-boo you were in your room all night    :)   

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:49 AM, jmccr8 said:

The point that I am making to you is that things are different in different places and you have just affirmed this whether you know it or not. I have tried to make this clear to you several times in the past because you make blanket statements about how things are according to your environment then apply it to national or global environments as though you live in the norm. What happens where you are and where I am has different norms and cannot effectively be used as a comparative.;)

jmccr8

Ha!  Walker's little world is a bubble that is separated , even, from the rest of Australia !   I enjoyed his rave about how things are not really more expensive and how he has to work less now to by a 'good' car .  No Siree, things haven't changed much around here since the good old days .

Unfortunately every other source and stats in the country disagrees with him    :D 

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:57 AM, Will Due said:

Human beings are born selfish, and grow to be self-consumed.

Humans are selfishness incarnate.

However, the true nature (potential) of human beings is to overcome selfishness and displace it with selflessness, altruism. 

Well, of course !  We are a social primate that thrives in extended family groupings and community .  In other species, eg, ones that thrive in a herd ,  selflessness is present, for the good of the herd.

Its the key to society, maturity and individual evolution / individuation / initiation ;   stage one , the child  an 'animal' , like all others ;learns about integration.  Personally, the essence of initiation is to understand the trade off between Id and Superego .   What you have to give up of your self, and what you gain by that .

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:02 AM, XenoFish said:

Humans are selfish, even selfless acts are in some way selfish.

Well, yes, in certain ways .  ' Mother  Teresa ' was very selfish !  yet known as a prime 'selfless' example .

Once a Hare Krishna guy was trying to tell me how hard it is to be Krishna . I said ; BS , don't tell me you don't love it , if you didn't really want to get up at 5 am and chant, you wouldn't! You love the dress ups, the food, the whole Indo trip .... you are in your element and loving it !

He actually agreed with me !

Those acts though altruistic simply inflate the ego

That depends on your attitude and motivations.

Even being a highly devout follower of any religion is self-directed and self-centered. Focusing on your "happiness" whatever the hell that means.

Oh, I focus on my happiness a LOT !      Actually, just this weekend I procured a full ounce of happiness   :) 

People spend their entire lives trying to get into heaven. Every action is colored by that desire. Makes me wonder if there really is any actually good in anyone. 

Eh ?     "some people"  you mean   ? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, back to earth said:

that depends on your attitude and motivations.

Very try. Some do it for show, some do it for god, and so do it for the sake of doing it.

Oh, I focus on my happiness a LOT !      Actually, just this weekend I procured a full ounce of happiness   :) 

Yeah, my happiness today came in the form of getting my cabins shower done. Then I find out my truck has a flat tire. Checks and Balances.

Eh ?     "some people"  you mean   ? 

Yep.

• Like 2

Ohhh   a  cabin with a shower !  That would make me happy !

I have to wait until it warms up a bit, my shower is under the hose outside.  I have an outside metal bath, I can light a fire under, but yesterday, I needed a wash, and at the end of the day, I was too pooped to ; clean out the bath, get some fire wood, light a fire ... blah  blah !  

But when I do, its rather delightful, looking up through the huge gnarly trees of the grove  to the stars, with the steam rising around you  and the fire underneath gradually stewing you ....  sometimes I even add some chopped carrots, celery, onion peppercorns and bay leaf  :) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, back to earth said:

Ha!  Walker's little world is a bubble that is separated , even, from the rest of Australia !   I enjoyed his rave about how things are not really more expensive and how he has to work less now to by a 'good' car .  No Siree, things haven't changed much around here since the good old days .

Unfortunately every other source and stats in the country disagrees with him    :D 

Maybe his community is a de-CERNing environment.:innocent::whistle:

jmccr8

• Like 2

1 hour ago, back to earth said:

I have to wait until it warms up a bit, my shower is under the hose outside.  I have an outside metal bath, I can light a fire under, but yesterday, I needed a wash, and at the end of the day, I was too pooped to ; clean out the bath, get some fire wood, light a fire ... blah  blah !  

But when I do, its rather delightful, looking up through the huge gnarly trees of the grove  to the stars, with the steam rising around you  and the fire underneath gradually stewing you ....  sometimes I even add some chopped carrots, celery, onion peppercorns and bay leaf  :) 

I did something like that for the past 2 summers. Don't really feel like using someone else's shower this winter. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, back to earth said:

Kill two birds with one stone. ;)  

No, seriously, you don't have an indoor shower or tub? :o  

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I did something like that for the past 2 summers. Don't really feel like using someone else's shower this winter. 

Now I'm confused. 

That's ok, that's me everyday, anyways. :D 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

It would seem that you are having trouble following a conversation, try going back to the first post that I quoted you in in this thread.

:lol: Oookaay, tv reduces the birth rate? That is funny seems to me that even with THE PILL and the abundance of tv s that the population is still flourishing quite well.:w00t::whistle:

Yes I can see where free education has turned a good portion of people from unemployed to starving intellects and advanced our ineffective political structures into even better inefficient political systems.

I specified what types of statistics were less definitive earlier and why. Stats from insurance companies are not based on the same criteria as some surveys, for the most part they deal with numbers and data that has been collected for generations. The type of work, health, recreational activities and risks involved in each area of concern to them. Stats on crime are different as I said before they can vary depending on who and what activities are most important within that particular community, there can be a great many more crimes that are not focused on and that affects the stats. People that commit crimes and prefer not to stand accountable for their actions usually inform of others to avoid being punished and those crimes are not included in the stats given to the public nor are they published.

There are stats that rely on the honesty of the participants and those stats may give an idea of social perception but do not give an accurate depiction of the reality of a situation as some surveys are focused on a target group that does not reflect the majority. Other stats are very useful, I used Stats Canada to look at demographics for info on target markets for real estate because those stats show incomes, owner occupied verses rental properties, type of work /employment, number of children per family, lot sizes and property taxes within each neighborhood. I found that to be a useful tool.

Then there are other factors like what countries that share similar religious, political and economical systems and what is the similarity,differences in how they define what a crime is. I am not saying that all stats are fudged only that there is more than just pulling a bunch of stats from all over the place and making broad band judgments or comparative associations.

jmccr8

Basically i suppose i know stuff from the areas I am interested in  For example demographics as a part of geography. I have attended a number of conferences with Australia's top demographer  graeme hugo, now sadly deceased  . I guess i thought everyone knew things like the effect the introduction television has on birthrates all around the world, and cable television even more dramatically.

Wealth, electricity, education, and moving to the city are all loosely correlated with lower fertility, but the strongest correlation is watching television. "The map of television ownership in India," writes Lewis, "does bear a particularly close resemblance to the fertility map." He notes that two Indian states with a low level of female education, which is traditionally inversely correlated with low fertility, still had low fertility rates, a fact that may be explained by its high levels of TV penetration. Lewis bolsters his argument by pointing to a study from India that found declining fertility after cable TV was introduced into poor neighborhoods.

I Guess i thought every one knew that the population problem of the next century will not be one of over population, but under population, as the words pop rapidly drops. There are only about 2 western countries now having enough  babies to replace their population while all others have to take in immigrants just to maintain their pop.  Fertility rates have  also dropped markedly in the developing world, and within a few decades humans will not be producing enough babies to replace their parents (you need aboutt 2.2 children for every woman in order just to maintain population, and many western countries are now well below that figure     there are now about 30 countries mostly europe but including japan which have declining populations Others like australia WOULD have a declining population we did not supplement natural births by considerable immigration.  Canada now has a birth rate of 1.6 children per woman which is well below the number needed to maintain the population In 1960 the rate was 4 children per woman  which would have seen a doubling of the population each generation.. 

Despite some fluctuations, the total fertility rate in Canada has been below the replacement level for over 40 years. In fact, 1971 was the last year the replacement-level fertility of 2.1 children per woman was reached—meaning that couples, on average, had produced enough children to replace themselves

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/11-630-x/11-630-x2014002-eng.htm

I agree that some stats are more reliable than others, but in australia the bureau of statistics has been recording statistics for over a century and it is this type of statistic which shows changes in crime rates and other social changes   

10 hours ago, back to earth said:

She didn't know everything you did   ......   she told the police, that came around your place looking for Mr peek-a-boo you were in your room all night    :)   

And that was the truth.  I was in my room all night.

" gee officer i thought it was just a dream. I didn't realise i was astral projecting across the road and watching and listening to the girls pyjama party" 

I was asleep  in my room the whole time this happened, as a t least 3 adults could testify, yet i described to the girls a dream i had, which recounted the clothes they were wearing, the food they ate, and the conversations they had in complete and accurate detail which made them THINK i must have been observing them through their window. .

I thought it was pretty cool dreaming about them, and I had no idea i was actually viewing a real party. ( Or i would have kept my mouth shut).  So the next day at school I told them about this dream I had had. Next thing the police turned up at my home   It gave me a real wake up about not telling people what i observed in my dreams as a projected my consciousness around the neighbourhood. Eg one  night while flying around the neighbourhood,   i watched my neighbor come home drunk and hit his garage door post with his car when he tried to drive into the garage.  After about 3 goes he got it into the garage, but it had a nice ding in the front mudguard.  He told his wife and anyone else that the car had been damaged while it was parked  down the pub, but i knew what had happened. I never confronted him, but much later he fessed up  

But you dont believe this is possible  So I guess oyu think i mUST have actually snuck out and spied on the girls Not true i have actually undertaken more controlled tests later in life where i achieved very similar accurate results observing events  several kilometers away from my home while i was asleep and projecting my consciousness   ANd I have even visited a place i canada and described something i saw which only the person i was talking to (a foreign exchange student ) knew was  there 

11 hours ago, back to earth said:

My first new  car   bought around 1976 cost me a full years salary for a teacher. The last new car i bought  in 2014 cost me one third of a teachers salary and  was a much better car   In australia the price of most things has got relatively cheaper 

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/generations-compared-show-improvement-in-australian-cost-of-living/news-story/3405e98d55d02295e6c5c58763b9fe14

New cars are more affordable now than for the past 40 years. Someone on the average wage needs to work 21.7 weeks to buy a new Holden Commodore. A decade ago a worker took 31.5 weeks to pay for a Commodore with inferior safety features, while Baby Boomers took 20 weeks to buy a basic Holden in 1976.

Leisure costs less than ever, with historically low prices for everything from holidays to entertainment and fashion.

A return Qantas economy flight to Europe cost $2300 in 1989 — the equivalent of $4685 today, three times more than today’s discount fares.

A worker in the ’70s required three weeks’ pay to buy a colour TV — yet it would take today’s worker just three days to buy a flat-screen TV.

A basic home computer cost more than five weeks’ wages in the early 1990s, but powerful laptops can be bought now for a day’s pay.

A decade ago only 7.5 per cent of homes could access the internet, compared to 86 per cent today, providing free entertainment on tap.

Australian National University economics professor Bob Gregory says Australia is still the “lucky country”, despite high housing prices and stagnant wage growth.

Edited by Mr Walker

18 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Kill two birds with one stone. ;)  

No, seriously, you don't have an indoor shower or tub? :o  

Now I'm confused. 

That's ok, that's me everyday, anyways. :D 

Nope, a one room cabin with a kitchen .  But its got  29 windows and a good view     :)  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

And that was the truth.  I was in my room all night.

" gee officer i thought it was just a dream. I didn't realise i was astral projecting across the road and watching and listening to the girls pyjama party" 

I was asleep  in my room the whole time this happened, as a t least 3 adults could testify, yet i described to the girls a dream i had, which recounted the clothes they were wearing, the food they ate, and the conversations they had in complete and accurate detail which made them THINK i must have been observing them through their window. .

I thought it was pretty cool dreaming about them, and I had no idea i was actually viewing a real party. ( Or i would have kept my mouth shut).  So the next day at school I told them about this dream I had had. Next thing the police turned up at my home   It gave me a real wake up about not telling people what i observed in my dreams as a projected my consciousness around the neighbourhood. Eg one  night while flying around the neighbourhood,   i watched my neighbor come home drunk and hit his garage door post with his car when he tried to drive into the garage.  After about 3 goes he got it into the garage, but it had a nice ding in the front mudguard.  He told his wife and anyone else that the car had been damaged while it was parked  down the pub, but i knew what had happened. I never confronted him, but much later he fessed up  

But you dont believe this is possible  So I guess oyu think i mUST have actually snuck out and spied on the girls Not true i have actually undertaken more controlled tests later in life where i achieved very similar accurate results observing events  several kilometers away from my home while i was asleep and projecting my consciousness   ANd I have even visited a place i canada and described something i saw which only the person i was talking to (a foreign exchange student ) knew was  there 

Well then, sign up for test, you could be first person in all the history of the world to be able to prove astral projection !

Or, you could even do it here ..... what's on my desk Walker ? 

Oh, that's right .. we did this before, you failed at it ... but I could tell what was in the room where YOUY were  .... and THAT folks

was one of my fav moments on UM   :)     B)

( Now , stay tune folks, for lame excuses why he won't do this test and prove his powers of awesomeness    :D

• Like 2

Despite some fluctuations, the total fertility rate in Canada has been below the replacement level for over 40 years. In fact, 1971 was the last year the replacement-level fertility of 2.1 children per woman was reached—meaning that couples, on average, had produced enough children to replace themselves

:lol: You do realize that in 1971 women were leaving the homes and working so it's not so much a fertility issue as it was a monetary issue combined incomes to purchase homes and create better conditions. Do you have any idea how big this country is and how many people paid for the infrastructure roads railroad water. My god man I live here and understand whats going on and what kind of people built this country.Maybe poke your nose around your own backyard(whole country not the back lot you live on) and familiarize yourself with where you live because what you are trying to project just isn't as valid as yu might think.:no::rolleyes:

jmccr8

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Well then, sign up for test, you could be first person in all the history of the world to be able to prove astral projection !

Or, you could even do it here ..... what's on my desk Walker ? 

Oh, that's right .. we did this before, you failed at it ... but I could tell what was in the room where YOUY were  .... and THAT folks

was one of my fav moments on UM   :)     B)

( Now , stay tune folks, for lame excuses why he won't do this test and prove his powers of awesomeness    :D

It will only work if he tests  himself you know like the psych tests, the reality tests and the iq test that he rigorously self administers.frequently to maintain his presentation of perfection.

jmccr8

• Like 1

My first new  car   bought around 1976 cost me a full years salary for a teacher. The last new car i bought  in 2014 cost me one third of a teachers salary and  was a much better car   In australia the price of most things has got relatively cheaper 

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/generations-compared-show-improvement-in-australian-cost-of-living/news-story/3405e98d55d02295e6c5c58763b9fe14

New cars are more affordable now than for the past 40 years. Someone on the average wage needs to work 21.7 weeks to buy a new Holden Commodore. A decade ago a worker took 31.5 weeks to pay for a Commodore with inferior safety features, while Baby Boomers took 20 weeks to buy a basic Holden in 1976.

Leisure costs less than ever, with historically low prices for everything from holidays to entertainment and fashion.

A return Qantas economy flight to Europe cost $2300 in 1989 — the equivalent of $4685 today, three times more than today’s discount fares.

A worker in the ’70s required three weeks’ pay to buy a colour TV — yet it would take today’s worker just three days to buy a flat-screen TV.

A basic home computer cost more than five weeks’ wages in the early 1990s, but powerful laptops can be bought now for a day’s pay.

A decade ago only 7.5 per cent of homes could access the internet, compared to 86 per cent today, providing free entertainment on tap.

Australian National University economics professor Bob Gregory says Australia is still the “lucky country”, despite high housing prices and stagnant wage growth.

Here is the truth folks   (of course its more expensive to live now ! Otherwise we would not have all these young families  seeing the Aussie dream'  ( small owned house on small block )  beyond their reach

In Sydney, the average house cost $28,000 in 1975. Today, it costs $850,194. That’s 30 times as much as it used to be. Your 10-times as much annual earnings isn’t looking too great right now, huh?

http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/costs/40-years-of-change-what-were-paying-way-more-for/news-story/3a9cc7dbc1ec5394c3dbe8ba9365b064

Stop Arguing Walker and get back on topic .

The truth about Abrahamic religions is that they are a 'death cult' , a religion of the 'ages of the dying  god cult ' and a throwback to  ancient sacrificial precursor religions .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Here is the truth folks   (of course its more expensive to live now ! Otherwise we would not have all these young families  seeing the Aussie dream'  ( small owned house on small block )  beyond their reach

In Sydney, the average house cost $28,000 in 1975. Today, it costs $850,194. That’s 30 times as much as it used to be. Your 10-times as much annual earnings isn’t looking too great right now, huh?

http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/costs/40-years-of-change-what-were-paying-way-more-for/news-story/3a9cc7dbc1ec5394c3dbe8ba9365b064

Stop Arguing Walker and get back on topic .

The truth about Abrahamic religions is that they are a 'death cult' , a religion of the 'ages of the dying  god cult ' and a throwback to  ancient sacrificial precursor religions .

So when are you all going to get moving on with real (true) religion, instead of pointing out the obvious flaws in the religions that have come to us from ancient times?

Hey Walker, 

WE STARTED A NEW GROUP AND YOUR WELCOME TO JOIN US IN THE THREAD IT'S  FOR DERAILMENT ADDICTIONS NOT-SO-ANONYMOUS. come on in and join us it's our effort to keep threads on track so as not to irritate serious posters with non points and personal issues.

jmccr8

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

So when are you all going to get moving on with real (true) religion, instead of pointing out the obvious flaws in the religions that have come to us from ancient times?

Will,

At this point it hasn't been determined that there it a true religion outside of subjective perspectives, what each person has is true to them other than that it's just a bickerfest.

jmccr8

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Ummmm  Will, dear boy ,  did you at all happen to notice the topic of this thread  ?   :rolleyes:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Will,

At this point it hasn't been determined that there it a true religion outside of subjective perspectives, what each person has is true to them other than that it's just a bickerfest.

jmccr8

Oh no .... I think you will find that Will  has found the true right religion ... and all the others have not    B)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Will,

jmccr8

I beg to differ with you. There is a place to go where true religion is defined.

And yes, it is a subjective reality that can only be experienced personally and individually but in addition, can be validated by sharing or fellowshipping the similarities with others what these intensely personal experiences hold.

What the Abrahamic religions represent are the failed attempts to establish this very true religion in the lives of all the people of the world. So because of that, true religion will remain the religion of the future but its presentation is already available for learning purposes.

Edited by Will Due